What's new

Sanaa hands over 29 'Qaeda' militants to Riyadh

MuslimConscript

Reaction score
RIYADH - Yemen has handed over 29 Saudis wanted for suspected links to Al-Qaeda, the interior ministry announced on Thursday.

"As part of joint efforts between security services in the two countries, the kingdom has received 29 Saudis... (who) had joined Al-Qaeda in Yemen," interior ministry spokesman General Mansur al-Turki said.

Eleven of them had already been jailed and later released from prison in Saudi Arabia, Yemen's oil-rich neighbour, he said.

Nine others were on trial in the kingdom when they fled, said Turki.

The defence ministry in Sanaa announced the handover this week without giving details.

Saudi authorities are hunting for dozens of the ultra-conservative kingdom's citizens who have joined Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), based in Yemen.

Former prisoners at the US Guantanamo prison who had been returned to Saudi Arabia for rehabilitation in December 2006 later escaped to Yemen, two years ago after completing a reform programme.

Saudi and Yemeni Al-Qaeda branches merged in January 2009 to form AQAP, posing a serious threat to Western interests across the region.

After a wave of deadly Al-Qaeda attacks in the kingdom between 2003 and 2006, Saudi authorities launched a crackdown on the local branch of the group founded by the late Osama bin Laden, himself Saudi-born.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=64230
==================================================
I hope Saudi will get more of them or even eradicating AQAP!

I’m glad ISIS started to kill the FSA , otherwise these would go to Syria.

Last time I checked then about 80-100 Saudi Arabians are present in Yemen fighting with AQAP among a few hundreds of other Arabs and non-Arabs. Especially Somalians.

Overall their (AQAP) numbers are not very big and I would not call them the most dangerous AQ affiliate anymore. ISIS has taken that position by far.

The only thing that makes them more difficult to hunt down is that the Yemeni army is in a worse state than the Iraqi and that Yemen is mostly mountainous (highest mountains in the Arab world outside of Morocco) which makes catching/targeting them much, much more dangerous.

Luckily the Saudi Arabian-Yemeni borders, despite mostly being mountainous, are heavily armed and patrolled by air. In fact weapon and drug smugglers are a much bigger headache for both sides.

The most dangerous Saudi Arabian national operating for AQ is this fellow:

Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri

Ibrahim al-Asiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently the most skilled bomb-maker in the entire AQ organization.

Most of the "most wanted Saudi Arabians" are thought to reside in Yemen.

Sending them to finish off the Nusayri and Child-Murderer terrorists would be a good thing. No need for the authorities to waste money on them.

Sending them to finish off the Nusayri and Child-Murderer terrorists would be a good thing. No need for the authorities to waste money on them.

Exactly my point, but since ISIS-rest clashes that won’t happen as of today anymore, that’s why the news is good in 2014, but bad a year ago.

Exactly my point, but since ISIS-rest clashes that won’t happen as of today anymore, that’s why the news is good in 2014, but bad a year ago.

Why not let them finish each other off? Of course not realistic and risky but it is a nice thought.

Last edited:
@MuslimConscript

Excellent report by the Iraqi Ghaith Abdul-Ahad concerning AQAP in Yemen. 1.5 year old or so. The situation is much calmer/better today.

BEST REPORT ABOUT AL-QAEDA IN TERMS OF GETTING DIRECT INSIGHT TO THE GROUP!

This deals with just 1 province in the South so not the mountainous areas of the country or the remaining parts of the country. Hence it was fairly easy for the army and clans to defeat them ultimately in that province.

@Doritos11

Maybe. But Nusra are different to ISIS. Anyway the sole fact that you can make such interviews with AQAP (or could since this is 2 years old) shows that they are a lesser danger than ISIS. I doubt that you could get insight to ISIS in Iraq like this.

Last edited:
Why not let them finish each other off? Of course not realistic and risky but it is a nice thought.

Why not let Nusra and ISIS finish each other, were allies so let them have fun, meanwhile the national forces can secure the lands from retards.

Stupidest thing i've seen for days, saudis will recycle them somewhere else after giving them some rewards

Why not let Nusra and ISIS finish each other, were allies so let them have fun, meanwhile the national forces can secure the lands from retards.

Why not send them to kill all the thousands of Iraqi Shiite terrorists and their supporters? Same shit just much more of the latter.

Why not send them to kill all the thousands of Iraqi Shiite terrorists and their supporters? Same shit just much more of the latter.
When shias or sunnis behead? Only zionist Al Qaeda sect ashame Islam

Back
Top Bottom