What's new

Sahiwal, Pakistan

ADT

BANNED
Reaction score
Could someone explain what type of area is Sahiwal, Pakistan. Is this city considered one of the poorest areas in the Punjab province? How is this city viewed from people from other more economically developed cities such as Lahore and others? Are most people referred from Sahiwal as paindoos? Thanks.

Could someone explain what type of area is Sahiwal, Pakistan. Is this city considered one of the poorest areas in the Punjab province? How is this city viewed from people from other more economically developed cities such as Lahore and others? Are most people referred from Sahiwal as paindoos? Thanks.

lol! That was funny!! :lol::lol:

Seriously, paindoos?

Sahiwal is the milk capital after Okara. A flourishing live stock and milk industry. Have you ever heard of the Sahiwali Bull? One of the most beautiful breeds of bull on the planet. Sahiwal Cattle has been taken to Australia for breeding as well. The Australian Zebu and the Australian Friesian Sahiwal are popular in Australia and recently the cross has been brought to Pakistan as well.

Just look at this magnificent creature

Visit Shah Cattle for more videos and pictures

A profile of the Sahiwal cattle - Oklahoma State University

Sahiwal District is home to the 8000 year old magnificent the Indus Valley Civilization settlement of Harappa as well

Last edited by a moderator:
A cousin of mine recently shifted to Sahiwal. I'll get his views and post em. He is from a bigger city so he'll be able to tell the difference

Hi,

What's up---did you just find out that the family is from sahiwal---. It is ok---paindoos are good people too. My family is too.

Sahiwal is a very well off agricultural centre of pakistan.

The word paindoo is taken by people usually as insult i dont know why? Paindoo people are actually people who dont have any selfishness in them. They'll respect you, help you not for thier own purpose but because they think its a good thing. Some of my friends call me as "graee" or Villager often in joke but i never felt anything insulting in it. Rather i feel proud on it.

sahiwal is near sargodha and is basically like any other crossover between a village and a city

Hi,

Actully it is closer to khanewal--76 miles and lahore 104 miles and faisalabd 50 miles or so. Sargodha is on the opposite side of faisalabad.

Hi,

Actully it is closer to khanewal--76 miles and lahore 104 miles and faisalabd 50 miles or so. Sargodha is on the opposite side of faisalabad.

no its not ? its an hour drive from sargodha, you get off at salam the same road that goes upto sargodha you take that one straight and you end up in sahiwal..they were expanding the road in sargodha so it should be even more quick

and khanewal ? thats wayyy off thats near multan buddy

Sahiwal is where PST (Pakistan Standard Time) is generated because of a centric point of Pakistan (From the direction of Sunrise and Sunset).

Moreover, the Buffalos belong to Sahiwal are quite famous here in Peshawar too. I have met Milkmen who are constantly importing them from Sahiwal. And BTW, I love Paindoo people, as I still at this very moment live in a Pind (Village) and would continue to live as a Paindoo.

But afterall I am a Pakistani - a hell of a PROUD ONE

Sahiwal is where PST (Pakistan Standard Time) is generated because of a centric point of Pakistan (From the direction of Sunrise and Sunset).

Moreover, the Buffalos belong to Sahiwal are quite famous here in Peshawar too. I have met Milkmen who are constantly importing them from Sahiwal. And BTW, I love Paindoo people, as I still at this very moment live in a Pind (Village) and would continue to live as a Paindoo.

But afterall I am a Pakistani - a hell of a PROUD ONE

same here mate apna pind hargan, whats yours ?

There are two locations with the name "Sahiwal".

Sahiwal Cirty (Old Montgomery) is the largest city between Lahore and Multan on GT Road. A large agricultural center.

Other Sahiwal (near Sargidha) is a small town.

There are two locations with the name "Sahiwal".

Sahiwal Cirty (Old Montgomery) is the largest city between Lahore and Multan on GT Road. A large agricultural center.

Other Sahiwal (near Sargidha) is a small town.

Hi,

The one next to the okara cannt---that is the one I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom