What's new

Saddled with Insas Army wants new AK-47s

Nopes, Injured militants can serve u well, don't u think so? :lol:
the article is saying that INSAS is being used in CI ops meaning not AK, they want AK's
U mean INSAS, the gun which spills oil is used for regular combat :what:

& by the way have u heard of body armour, If INSAS only injures i seriously doubt if it can penetrate various grade of Teflon ,
Simple to use eaxy to operate ak-47 THE GREAT, is all season gun & effective in almost every scenario (except may be CQB)

Emo are you serious ? :what:
You seriously lack basic wisdom on assault rifles ! :disagree:

Ever heard of 5.56 mm, Armor Piercing rounds ? The soft Armour is no match for an assault rifle ! If the 5.56 rounds are good for US then its good for us too....

For making it simple in your way....

Consider INSAS as fighter good in BVR and AK as one good in dogfighting ! ;)

Last edited:
Thats why AK47 comes into the Picture.. but Khukri can also work on wounded Militants..
:rofl::rofl:

kinetic energy comes into the picture here, as you know that INSAS has more range than AK47, that means more kinetic energy and that means piercing of any fabric.. hope you have got the point..
K.E is also depends on mass isnt it :lol:
I ve seen that Kevlar Vest can block Desert Eagle bullets at point blank range, The bullet of INSAS has not got much mass, velocity is good, but think how much energy it will need to first penetrate & then enter body, it can't do much damage...

:rofl::rofl:

K.E is also depends on mass isnt it :lol:
I ve seen that Kevlar Vest can block Desert Eagle bullets at point blank range, The bullet of INSAS has not got much mass, velocity is good, but think how much energy it will need to first penetrate & then enter body, it can't do much damage...

Yeah MASS is also a point here but drag also does play a role here. Less drag means better piercing.. Like we use needle to pierce ear instead of using....
INSAS bullet is not only low in mass but in volume also.. hope you have got the point..

Emo are you serious ? :what:
You seriously lack basic wisdom on assault rifles ! :disagree:

Ever heard of 5.56 mm, Armor Piercing rounds ? The soft Armour is no match for an assault rifle ! If the 5.56 rounds are good for US then its good for us too....

For making it in simple in your way....

Consider INSAS as fighter good in BVR and AK as one good in dogfighting ! ;)

U think a regular army will use soft Armour ;)
If i m not wrong Armour piercing rounds do have limits...
If by 'dogfight' u mean the CQBs then Mp-5 & UZI can be more effective...
6 day war, Israelis effectively used their UZIs for close quarter combat while cleraing tunnels, here AK-47 failed coz it was long, heavier & bigger to carry cant be moved around rapidly, it has more possibility of being Jammed & UZI had all of these advantages.......

U think a regular army will use soft Armour ;)

Remember who said that ? :azn:
You are the one who wanted to check the effectiveness of AR's against soft armour !

If i m not wrong Armour piercing rounds do have limits...

well done ! :tup: your first meaning full line in two pages ! ;)

If by 'dogfight' u mean the CQBs then Mp-5 & UZI can be more effective...

Never mind ! you wont get it ! :hitwall::hitwall:

6 day war, Israelis effectively used their UZIs for close quarter combat while cleraing tunnels, here AK-47 failed coz it was long & bigger to carry cant be moved around rapidly & UZI had all of these advantages.......

So how many armies use SMG's as standard issue ? Clearing tunnels is a CQBs , where even a pistols can give advantage over an M-16 ! Does it mean pistols are superior than assault rifle in real battle ?
:)

Remember who said that ?
You are the one who wanted to check the effectiveness of AR's against soft armour !

of course, i said i have a doubt about it & u cleared it

well done ! :tup: your first meaning full line in two pages ! ;)

No no its just that some ppl don't want to accept it or they don't get it :P

Never mind ! you wont get it ! :hitwall::hitwall:
Y would i not get it :what:

So how many armies use SMG's as standard issue ? Clearing tunnels is a CQBs , where even a pistols can give advantage over an M-16 ! Does it mean pistols are superior than assault rifle in real battle ?

:hitwall:
Don't twist my post, i was referring to ur term 'dogfight', there is no comparison b/w AR & SMG, i was discussing the scenario of CQB , seems u have completely nullifed the AK, only INSAS rules..
In real battle it also depends on man behind the gun :lol:
The article says that IA is USING INSAS for CI ops and they WANT AK-47, its not saying that they prefer AK & its a fact that INSAS being the 'primary' weapon of IA is having problems that is why every now & then IA complains about it, why would they complain without a reason

BTW why fighting on INSAS , its already been replaced with New Light Weight EXCALIBUR ver A1Rifile.

INSAS fires a 5.56 millimeter round which was designed by technocrats in the late 50's or 60's as a cheaper and more effective way to fight an enemy.

Why? the 5.56 mm shoots to Injure an enemy when shot in the torso. That way more soldiers would be diverted to tend to the wounded. And removing the injured soldier from combat. who will die to internal bleeding if the bullet is not removed and wound sealed. Commanders can either hold their ground an dlet their men die or retreat and try to save them.

The 7.62 mm round obviously has more power.

I am by no trying to compare the INSAS to the M-16 but the Impact of the 5.56 bullet from a INSAS rifle is just as effective as that of an M-16 bullet.

And also the INSAS was made with the M-16 concept in mind.
so comparison between the M-16 and Ak-47 , Is just as relevant as the comparison between the INSAS and AK-47.

So why does the IA want the modern AK-47?
In the Vietnam war it took an average soldier 500+ rounds to kill a vietcong because of the jungle provided excellent cover for their guerrilla tactics.

The same is true for the IA insurgency problem. The rapid fire nature of the AK's where bullets are just sprayed, before retreating.
The accuracy based INSAS has trouble acquiring targets whilst the AK-47 simply involves spraying an area with bullets till you hit something which is more effective in jungle combat. and insurgency warfare.

The Majority of the problems are just Practical so they always be over come.

The oil problem however, i cannot comment on as there is not much detail provided on the problem.
IS it a design flaw?
a production flaw?
A quality problem?
A lack of proper cleaning ?

IF more info can be provided on the nature of the problem then a more educated guess can be made.
IF this is this big of a problem then the IA would have made more noise about it before, now.

Besides with the F-INSAS program kicking into gear, The INSAS MK1 rifle will be replaced anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom