What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

you sure about this```?

FC-31 V1 is no more than a demonstrator, and V2 is a bit closer to be a real prototype```there are alot more you dont know about this project, but it is very safe to say that F-35 is far more mature than FC-31. I mean really, a serving platform is less mature than an initial prototype`?

and I know your theory is that J-20 is already in service, so "all the technologies can be borrowed from it, hence make FC project faster and mature than F-35"?````please dude, have a common sense, you can also apply this logic to F-22 on F-35 too dont you?````if anything, U.S has better fundation and technological readiness of 5th gen fighter than China at any circumstance at the time being! ```with FC project, they havent tested anything serious yet, like radar, weapon and flying characteristic charts, how can it be more mature than a platform that has been flown for over thousands of hours???

and lastly I have to tell you again, jet fighter is not a leggo toy that you build just by putting 'borrowed' bits and bots together understand? dont let the enthusiasm and nationalism to blind you`````

With all due respect you are not using simple logic. Analogy with F-22 and F-35 is incorrect as they are wildly different types of fighter and the US did not really need to induct F-35 quickly as it was the sole operator of nearly 200 F-22s.

Important components like radar, other avionics and stealth coatings can be modified to work with the J-31. Think of it like an already tested computer program and then you need to modify it for another scenario. It is a lot quicker to do this than build another program from scratch. Also with the knowledge gained from building the J-20s 5th generation engine, a lot of know-how will have been gained in creating 5th generation engines that can be applied to J-31.

Yes, a lot of work still needs to be done with J-31 to make it operational but the experience gained from J-20 will make it less painful and time-consuming.

@Beast

Yes, a lot of work still needs to be done with J-31 to make it operational but the experience gained from J-20 will make it less painful and time-consuming.

So what's Your estimation if everything goes fine ?

There are rumors that the FC-31 program has been taken over by Yang Wei's team (from CAC?). Could anybody corroborate this?

So CAC will finally give the necessary boost to the J-31 project it had been waiting for since 2011?

It will be a blow to shenyang SAIC chief designer Sun Cong if true.

That would be the biggest mistake of all time as then China will only have one great fighter design company.

It would be better for some of the top CAC designers to provide consultancy to SAC instead.

I saw this post of a recent update / rumour (via Huitong's blog: http://cnair.proboards.com/thread/343/error-regarding-fc-31-prototype?page=1&scrollTo=902) ... however that original source is dead sometimes:

http://www.weibo.com/3762825331/F5RtRfyu3?type=comment#_rnd1498495535770

In Summary

•The PLANAF has not decided which aircraft to choose from, but instead it will decide between "medium sized heavyweight fighters" ... sounds like some sort of fly-off !?
•There will be two contenders, one from 601 (FC-31 version) and one from 611 (no further info)
•Therefore there is by now no indication that the FC-31 already has received the contract (as also reported by various sources) but ...
•It seems that BOTH no. 601 (SAC) and 611 (CAC) institutes have received preliminary "funding" to develop their naval prototypes and none of them already got the final PLANAF contract.

Do You have more or does anyone know the original source?
Deino

V2?
w6IFaYj.jpg

V1, V2 两架原型机一齐现身。
4PRxHdo.jpg

V1, V2 两架原型机一齐现身。
4PRxHdo.jpg

Where is V1 ??? That black bird on the left is never V1, IMO it is an already painted J-16.

Anyway an impressive image showing V2 standing side by side to 2x J-16s showing its small size.

Where is V1 ??? That black bird on the left is never V1, IMO it is an already painted J-16.

Anyway an impressive image showing V2 standing side by side to 2x J-16s showing its small size.
I am talking about the J-31 standing alongside 2 J-16 and that looks like V1 new prototype due to the shape of wingtips

I am talking about the J-31 standing alongside 2 J-16 and that looks like V1 new prototype due to the shape of wingtips

Yes and that's V2 (aka pt.3) ... it simply makes no sense to build another demonstrator configuration prototype, which si less optimised for stealth and flight performance. No way.
That yellow bird is simply V2 and we cannot see the cropped wings due to the low resolution of that image.

Back
Top Bottom