What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Guys what do u think will J31B show up in air show november 2k16??? In this air show timetalbe there is an unclassified aircraft at 11:05 to 11:15...Could it be J-20?

Attachments

• 1476136324532.jpg
    1476136324532.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 221
Guys what do u think will J31B show up in air show november 2k16??? In this air show timetalbe there is an unclassified aircraft at 11:05 to 11:15...Could it be J-20?

This poster is likely referring to the J-20, since the supplier of the aircraft is listed as "PLAAF"; the FC-31 has not been purchased by the PLAAF/PLANAF yet.

However, it is likely that the v2.0 will appear at the airshow, either in static form or as a scaled model.

yuchen is right...its most probably J20 as the aircraft belongs to PLAF

J31 will show up this air show as static model :-(

Correction, there's no such thing as J-31 right now, only FC-31. Unlike J-20, FC-31 remains an AVIC (SAC) project that doesn't have PLAAF/PLAN backing/funding.

This is not to say FC-31 2.0 won't be inducted into the PLAAF/PLAN after it comes to fruition, merely not at this stage of time.

@592257001 actually currently PLAN loves J15 for navy and doesnt need FC31 but times will change when they will have at least 3 carriers

Sorry guys ... sadly no news, but even if I'm usually already more than impatient, I always thought, SAC will likely show the FC-31.V2 at least by late September in order to "celebrate" 4th maiden-flight anniversary.

Given that these rumours are around since - like You say - more than a year and V1 was unveiled on 16. September 2014 followed by a maiden flight on 31. October I'm slowly losing my faith ! :(

Come on SAC ... don't give CAC all the glory !
Deino

Sorry guys ... sadly no news, but even if I'm usually already more than impatient, I always thought, SAC will likely show the FC-31.V2 at least by late September in order to "celebrate" 4th maiden-flight anniversary.

Given that these rumours are around since - like You say - more than a year and V1 was unveiled on 16. September 2014 followed by a maiden flight on 31. October I'm slowly losing my faith ! :(

Come on SAC ... don't give CAC all the glory !
Deino

Some news i got is that completed version with all targeted avionics will fly in 2018. But the airframe is ready right now and can fly anytime. I think chinese say correct that FC31 will be available for export before 2020 but i dont agree on that point as engine is the main drawback

Back
Top Bottom