What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

it is the best option available for Pakistan at the moment. we are not getting anything from west neither from russia. but J31 will take some years.

I wish the vertical stabilizers on the V2 were all moving like the ones on J20. Since I'm not an expert I don't know if it'll bring any benefit to the design. I just think it looks cooler.

Pictures revealed of China's improved stealth fighter J-31
2016-12-28 14:10 | People's Daily Online | Editor: Li Yan

Recently, pictures of the improved edition of China's stealth fighter J-31 were posted online, indicating a new stage of development for the aircraft. However, Chinese military expert Yin Zhuo told CCTV that it would still be some time before the design is finalized.

The J-31 is a fourth-generation fighter developed by China. It completed its first test flight on Oct. 31, 2012. With the development of the new model, China became the second country testing two models of fourth-generation flights at the same time, after only the U.S.

Compared with the earlier model, exhibited at Airshow China 2014, the improved version has a more aerodynamic design and an expanded weapons bay. Yin said five to seven prototypes are usually tested before a design is finalized.

Yin believes it is possible for the J-31 to be deployed on aircraft carriers in the future, saying that the aircraft's capability to carry out sea and land attacks would be a major asset for carriers.

Rott.
What did you mean shit fighter plane and shit iPhone ??

I can guarantee China would never sell you a shit plane when it comes to defending a country. They might sell you a shit Iphone but never a Shit Fighter Plane.

I didnt say that because Chines tech is shit (it isnt)
I said it because maintaining both these jets will be expensive

I didnt say that because Chines tech is shit (it isnt)
I said it because maintaining both these jets will be expensive
We used to have Pakistanis brag abt buying euro typhoon and now we have Pakistanis concern about maintaining cost of a 5th gen fighter?

It's better spend money on future rather than an lower tech weapon, right?

3D printing laser additive manufacturing technique for creating Titanium bulkheads used in large aircrafts, rockets and fifth generation fighters.

The bulkhead is a large piece of critical component used in aircraft frame to carry most of the load. It's very expensive and time consuming to make. Using 3D printing, its takes only 1/5 of the usual time, and lower the cost.

No doubt this technique is already being used in producing J-20, and J-15.

"在北京航空航天大学展台处,记者就看到了一具使用大型金属构件激光增材制造(即3D打印)技术所生产的大型部件。据现场工作人员介绍,这具大型部件是航空飞行器所使用的机体部件之一。在宣传展板上,记者也留意到,北航激光增材制造近50件大型关键钛合金、超高强度钢构件,通过大型运输机、大型客机、舰载机、新型火箭等装备的静强度、动强度、疲劳寿命、冲击、震动等全尺寸零件试验考核。"

http://www.bjxdbdexpo.com/news2.asp?id=504

This bulkhead is obviously for a twin engines fighter aircraft.
upload_2017-1-9_22-34-11.png

Last edited:
3D printing laser additive manufacturing technique for creating Titanium bulkheads used in large aircrafts, rockets and fifth generation fighters.

The bulkhead is a large piece of critical component used in aircraft frame to carry most of the load. It's very expensive and time consuming to make. Using 3D printing, its takes only 1/5 of the usual time, and lower the cost.

No doubt this technique is already being used in producing J-20, and J-15.

"在北京航空航天大学展台处,记者就看到了一具使用大型金属构件激光增材制造(即3D打印)技术所生产的大型部件。据现场工作人员介绍,这具大型部件是航空飞行器所使用的机体部件之一。在宣传展板上,记者也留意到,北航激光增材制造近50件大型关键钛合金、超高强度钢构件,通过大型运输机、大型客机、舰载机、新型火箭等装备的静强度、动强度、疲劳寿命、冲击、震动等全尺寸零件试验考核。"

http://www.bjxdbdexpo.com/news2.asp?id=504

View attachment 367312
:lol::china:it look like a giant sunglass for me bro:rofl:

most likely the FC-31 You hate so much !

Most likely, FC-31 will not see the light of the day. There is persistent campaign on the internet forum organized by you-know-who, to push the PLAAF to buy this junky, little piece of crap. They started all kinds of suggestions that PLAAF should produce only 200 J-20 and produce 1000+ FC-31 for PLAAF and PLAN.

PLAAF is organizing a group of internet users to push back.

The war will intensify.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't understand Your hate on that bird ??

With a decent engine it could indeed be developed into a mature fifth-generation fighter operating alongside the "silver-bullet" J-20. It is smaller and as such more affordable and technically-wise there's nothing to thing at first glance to make it a piece of crap.

I have simply the feeling You don't like the F-35 and in return the FC-312 too, which is plain irrational and also unfair.

By the way, I think the PLAAF is its own way of acting and decision making completely irrelevant to what the internet-community thinks; and I'm convinced that is good that way.
Otherwise the Su-35 would not be purchased ... and so many other things too. There's simply too much ignorance and incompetence around in these forums and national defence is too important to depend on such fan-boy's opinions.

But now back to the topic.
Deino

Most likely, FC-31 will not see the light of the day. There is persistent campaign on the internet forum organized by you-know-who, to push the PLAAF to buy this junky, little piece of crap. They started all kinds of suggestions that PLAAF should produce only 200 J-20 and produce 1000+ FC-31 for PLAAF and PLAN.

PLAAF is fighting back by organize a group of internet users to push back.

The war will intensify.
You don't have to call it little junky crap, you have to consider the mood of Pakistanis. Will you pay billions for a little junky crap? 你讲话有点夸张的成分, 拆自己的台毁自己的出口生意有劲么?空军那帮家伙就认准歼20了,根本不会让FC31唱主角的。但是不代表fc31就一点机会也没有。

With a decent engine it could indeed be developed into a mature fifth-generation fighter operating alongside the "silver-bullet" J-20. It is smaller and as such more affordable and technically-wise there's nothing to thing at first glance to make it a piece of crap.

I have simply the feeling You don't like the F-35 and in return the FC-312 too, which is plain irrational and also unfair.

By the way, I think the PLAAF is its own way of acting and decision making completely irrelevant to what the internet-community thinks; and I'm convinced that is good that way.
Otherwise the Su-35 would not be purchased ... and so many other things too. There's simply too much ignorance and incompetence around in these forums and national defence is too important to depend on such fan-boy's opinions.

Deino
If it can fit a engine at EJ200 level, it's a pretty fine bird.

Deino

You don't understand Chinese politics, Deino. CAC is the parent corporation of Shenyang Aviation and ChengDu Aviation. CAC's leadership is dominated by Shenyang people. Shenyang is mother of ChengDu and other smaller aviation company. In the 1960's, China decided to spread its heavy industries away from NorthEast or Manchuria into the mountainous region in preparation for war with USSR.

So how do you split up the company?

Those people who has connections got to stay in Shenyang, and other folks got to pack up and move to those poor mountainous regions. When they got there, they have start everything by themselves. There was no buildings, no equipments, just their bare hands. They live like peasants, grow their own foods, raise their own pigs.

Those folks at ChengDu are tough and dedicated. They managed to create J-7, FC-17, J-10, and F-20 under extreme conditions. And what did those people in Shenyang managed to create? J-8. It was developed for export, but not one was sold to foreign customers. Whereas, J-7 and FC-17 was an export success. Through their better connections to higher Chinese leadership, the job of assemble Su-27 domestically was given to them. Later, they copy it and call it J-11B.

Those Shenyang people are extremely jealous of the ChengDu. They lose the J-20 design competition to ChengDu, so they come up with FC-31, supposedly for export. There is no need for PLAAF or PLAN for such plane. That's why both Services have not shown the least bit of interest toward it.

But there is little or no chance that foreign buyers will order, unless the Chinese PLAAF or PLAN will order some first. So those Shenyang people started this silly internet forums and TV shows campaign.

"By the way, I think the PLAAF is its own way of acting and decision making completely irrelevant to what the internet-community thinks; and I'm convinced that is good that way."

Don't under estimate their influences. Those people are very good at politics and are well connected. They are the second or third generations of the Chinese leaders.

They tried to get rid of Yang Wei, the Chief Designer of J-20, by promote him into a useless desk job. Typical Chinese politic to get rid a good competent person. The PLAAF fought back, saying, unless Yang Wei keep his duty with J-20, we will not pay.

F-35 has the most powerful production engine in the world, and has the State of the Art Avionics. FC-31 has nothing except the stealth shaping exterior. The internal weapon bay can severely limits the weapon load, fuel load, and range.

FC-31 is a straight, cheap, knock-off of F-22, not F-35. The lack of imagination and creativity by the Shenyang people is startling and plainly demonstrated in this crap. This junk makes me ashamed to be a Chinese. They are trying to sell it to our loyal brother and friend, the Pakinstanis. Run!

If an animal walks like duck, cracks like a duck, it is a duck. Deino.

Last edited:
You don't understand Chinese politics, Deino. CAC is the parent corporation of Shenyang Aviation and ChengDu Aviation. CAC's leadership is dominated by Shenyang people. Shenyang is mother of ChengDu and other smaller aviation company. In the 1960's, China decided to spread its heavy industries away from NorthEast or Manchuria into the mountainous region in preparation for war with USSR.

So how do you split up the company?

Those people who has connections got to stay in Shenyang, and other folks got to pack up and move to those poor mountainous regions. When they got there, they have start everything by themselves. There was no buildings, no equipments, just their bare hands. They live like peasants, grow their own foods, raise their own pigs.

Those folks at ChengDu are tough and dedicated. They managed to create J-7, FC-17, J-10, and F-20 under extreme conditions. And what did those people in Shenyang managed to create? J-8. It was developed for export, but not one was sold to foreign customers. Whereas, J-7 and FC-17 was an export success. Through their better connections to higher Chinese leadership, the job of assemble Su-27 domestically was given to them. Later, they copy it and call it J-11B.

Those Shenyang people are extremely jealous of the ChengDu. They lose the J-20 design competition to ChengDu, so they come up with FC-31, supposedly for export. There is no need for PLAAF or PLAN for such plane. That's why both Services have not shown the least bit of interest toward it.

But there is little or no chance that foreign buyers will order, unless the Chinese PLAAF or PLAN will order some first. So those Shenyang people started this silly internet forums and TV shows campaign.

"By the way, I think the PLAAF is its own way of acting and decision making completely irrelevant to what the internet-community thinks; and I'm convinced that is good that way."

Don't under estimate their influences. Those people are very good at politics and are well connected. They are the second or third generations of the Chinese leaders.

They tried to get rid of Yang Wei, the Chief Designer of J-20, by promote him into a useless desk job. Typical Chinese politic to get rid a good competent person. The PLAAF fought back, saying, unless Yang Wei keep his duty with J-20, we will not pay.

F-35 has the most powerful production engine in the world, and has the State of the Art Avionics. FC-31 has nothing except the stealth shaping exterior. The internal weapon bay can severely limits the weapon load, fuel load, and range.

FC-31 is a straight, cheap, knock-off of F-22, not F-35. The lack of imagination and creativity by the Shenyang people is startling and plainly demonstrated in this crap. This junk makes me ashamed to be a Chinese. They are trying to sell it to our loyal brother and friend, the Pakinstanis. Run!

If an animal walks like duck, cracks like a duck, it is a duck. Deino.
Shengyang also developed J11d and J16. I've admit they lack of the motivation and creativity as ChengDu has. But You shall not call FC31 a crap, that's little bit over the top.

Back
Top Bottom