What's new

SA-13 vs F-18 ( Behind the enemy lines )

This was probably the bet clip of the entire movie I really liked it.

I liked it too but, If I was in his shoes I would drop my fuel tanks first and than try to save my butt. In real life things are much faster.

It's a great movie, based on a real pilot who was shot down and had to survive behind enemy lines. He was an F-16 pilot.

i wish it was really like that, it would give me a lot more hope for evading SAMs. although missiles would be a lot more faster than that, i don't think they could fly that low to the ground.

I doubt missiles can change direction so many times and so sharply as in this clip. Besides, missiles travel a lot faster than jets and you can't dogfight with a missile like you would with an opponent jet. This is just a typical Hollywood scene made to be exciting. In real life missile would be fired, head straight for the jet, flares would be fired, and if the missile missed, it wouldn't follow the plane around. If it hit, the plane would explode and pilots would eject. Simple as that, but Hollywood has to make it exciting to sell the film.

I doubt missiles can change direction so many times and so sharply as in this clip. Besides, missiles travel a lot faster than jets and you can't dogfight with a missile like you would with an opponent jet. This is just a typical Hollywood scene made to be exciting. In real life missile would be fired, head straight for the jet, flares would be fired, and if the missile missed, it wouldn't follow the plane around. If it hit, the plane would explode and pilots would eject. Simple as that, but Hollywood has to make it exciting to sell the film.

If I am not wrong the F-16 was shot by a stinger as well as a F-111.
At a altitudes you can evade a SAM with F-16, 18, 15. But the short range Missile are going at a speed of mach 2+ .
In the movie Clips at the following times missile should have ripped the plane apart .
0.35, 0.48, 0.58, 1.13,1.16, 1.38.1.39. at 1.38 the plane is flying low level straight and the Missile is following the plane in a straight chase, No way a fighter can fly straight when a missile is behind him about 100 ft more or less , it will take the missile hardly any time to take it down.
Hollywood ;)

yes there is no chance for a jet when stinger has it in his radar

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom