What's new

S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems delivery to India can begin in 2020

I think Pantsir is the same system which uses TATA trucks ??
Close protection is done by Pantsir.. Upto 6 Pantsir comes with 1 battalion of S400.. They are the one with high sensitivity in IR range and also used for CM protection plus ARM protection.. Plus they have a AA gun.. Non jamming types..
A similar is Tor.. need to be seen which one finally we select..

Delivery of Russia’s most advanced anti-aircraft defense system, the S-400 Triumph, to India could begin in 2020 according to an agreement signed by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the BRICS summit in India.
An intergovernmental agreement has been signed today, under which the Russian side has undertaken to deliver S-400 [to India],” head of the Russian state-owned defense and technology giant Rostec Sergey Chemezov told reporters on the sidelines of the BRICS summit on Saturday.

“We will then start preparing the contracts and I hope that in the first half of 2017 we will complete and sign these contracts and the production will start. I believe the delivery will begin somewhere in 2020,” he added.

Read more
Putin, Modi launch phase two of the Kudankulam NPP, sign military & economic deals
Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said the agreement on S-400 delivery is highly important as it shows Russia’s willingness to strengthen strategic partnerships with its main allies.

S-400 it is our newest system. We are currently equipping our own military forces with it and we are making an exception only for our closest allies, such as India and China.

“The fact that we have reached agreements with both India and China [regarding S-400 delivery] shows a lot. It shows that Russia exports its most advanced technologies to the countries it trusts, with which it is building strategic partnerships,” he stressed, mentioning Russia’s agreement on S-400 exports with China, the first foreign buyer of the system. That deal was announced in the spring of 2015. According to media reports, the transaction amounted to about $3 billion.

“S-400 [is] a real leader, a global brand that left behind even the Americans,” he added.

The S-400 is the most advanced anti-aircraft defense system in Russia, and is unparalleled in the world. Manufactured by Russian producer Almaz Antey under a contract with the Russian Defense Ministry and introduced into service in 2007, the cutting-edge S-400 system consists of a set of radars, missile launchers and command posts. It is designed to ensure air defense using long- and medium-range missiles that can hit both land and aerial targets, including tactical and strategic aircraft as well as ballistic and cruise missiles, at ranges up to 400km (248 miles).

In August this year, the S-400 was delivered to a surface-to-air missile (SAM) regiment in Crimea. The Defense Ministry had previously announced that 16 regiments of the Russian Army would be equipped with S-400s by the end of the year. In 2015, the hardware was also deployed to Russia’s Arctic region and in Syria to the Russian Air Force base in Latakia.

India has been a traditional buyer of Russian arms since the 1950s. Over the last five years, about 70 percent of the country’s military purchases have come from Russia.

According to Rogozin, Russia retains the top spot in the Indian market of arms and military equipment.

To date we are the main suppliers of arms and military equipment to the Indian market,” said Rogozin in Goa.

Promoted Links
See Also

Conflicting reports on Russian sale of S-400 missile defense system to India

Russia tests ‘unrivaled’ new radio-electronic weapon – producer

China's Tiangong-1 space station is falling – officials

How Fit are You? Test Your Fitness with these TricksThe Week

The World's Best 5 Star Resorts For 70% Off? Find Out How.Luxury Escapes

Relatives Refuse To Help 4-year-old Since Her Parents Belong To Different ReligionsMilaap

by Taboola

Hey guest, welcome to RT! Sign up and become a member.
Popular In the Community

Russian Patriarch’s UK visit to build trust between Russian & British believers
Orange Bullhorn13
May God bless you and Russia, your Grace.

Russia, US to meet regional powers for Syria talks in Lausanne

Hassadnah Abraham13
Probably...it is better for Russia to forget about 3 headed snake USA. Russia, Iran and Syria should concentrate on going all out to smash the terrorist in Syria and Iraq. It is the noble duty to eliminate terrorist in Syria and Iraq as they killed more then 500,000 innocent citizen and holy Syrian and Iraq armies. US will cheat Russian again.... US leaders have NO moral and senses...

© Autonomous Nonprofit Organization “TV-Novosti”, 2005–2016. All rights reserved.

https://www.rt.com/news/362880-india-russia-missile-shipment/

Merge them to appropriate threads. This one is from RT with timeline of delivery.

I had read somwhere that indian version is going to be different compare to chinese S 400 with new radars .I cant verify
it by sources .

CHEERS

if this is true... then india is having a impenetrable umbrella that will give pakistan... serious headache. although once they recieve it

I had read somwhere that indian version is going to be different compare to chinese S 400 with new radars .I cant verify
it by sources .

CHEERS
Ok Chinese version is 3 billion. Indian version 6 billion and actual procurement won't be unveiled

if this is true... then india is having a impenetrable umbrella that will give pakistan... serious headache. although once they recieve it
Leave Pakistan what about Bangladesh. Russians believe this S400 system will save them for the next 15 years from the US. Mean while upgrading with S500. I don't see why rusi won't sell it it India or why India won't agfee

2020 will be start; to be operational it will take 2021 if not more. That gives Pakistan and China good 4 years to work on counter measures. And before 2020, S-500 will be out and most likely China will be first to get it.

2020 will be start; to be operational it will take 2021 if not more. That gives Pakistan and China good 4 years to work on counter measures. And before 2020, S-500 will be out and most likely China will be first to get it.
lol u know more about pakistan and chinese counter measures than both of them. it seems like the pain is real
on fact china will get delivery of s400 in 2017? will take atleast a decade to copy and why everything china will do will focus around pakistan u guys make it sound like chinese existence depends on pakistan and they are on this earth to serve pakistan

India is getting S-450MKI hybrid system my friend which has elements of Prometheus system

India also buying 10 special Terra radars from Israel for same

S500 is far almost decade way from export order first Russian will deploy it for there home needs first so dream on

India is getting S-450MKI hybrid system my friend which has elements of Prometheus system

India also buying 10 special Terra radars from Israel for same

S500 is far almost decade way from export order first Russian will deploy it for there home needs first so dream on

sure, sure we also have heard from your defense minister, india has S-1000 hanuman system that human kind have not seen.

Back
Top Bottom