What's new

Ruthless Real Madrid crush PSG’s UEFA Champions League dream

SherDil

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
2287846-47655710-2560-1440.jpg

Champions League, Parc des Princes – Paris Saint Germain 1 (Cavani 71) Real Madrid 2 (Ronaldo 51, Casemiro 80)
The defending champions Real Madrid eased into the Champions League quarter-finals with a comfortable 5-2 aggregate victory over Paris Saint-Germain.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/971141318578786304
Eurosport UK

✔@Eurosport_UK

Cristiano Ronaldo does it again in the UEFA Champions League!
1f410.png

26aa.png
This season: 8 apps, 12 goals
26bd.png

2:51 AM - Mar 7, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Real had too much nous for PSG at the Parc des Princes. They may be struggling in La Liga but they will go into the quarter-finals fancying their chances of winning this competition for the third year in a row.

Although the PSG keeper Alphonse Areola made two fine first-half saves to deny Sergio Ramosand Karim Benzema, he was powerless to stop Real taking the lead through a towering header from Cristiano Ronaldo in the 51st minute.

PSG desperately missed their injured talisman Neymar and were reduced to 10 men in the 66th minute when Marco Verratti received a second yellow card for dissent.

Edinson Cavani’s fortunate goal brought PSG level, but Real – who hit the post three times in the second half - clinched a deserved victory on the night with a deflected shot from Casemiro.

[Real Madrid fans react: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo just singlehandedly destroyed an entire club’s pathetic little project’]
Talking Point

Money's not enough: PSG have spent hundreds of millions of pounds, but they may have to spend the same again if they are to win the Champions League for the first time in their history. In the absence of Neymar they look an ordinary side lacking in self-belief.

Man of the Match
Casemiro: The Brazilian protected Real’s centre-backs like a nightclub bouncer, constantly breaking up PSG’s attacks. He also used the ball calmly and sealed an immaculate performance with the winning goal.

Player Ratings
PSG: Areola 8; Dani Alves 4, Thiago Silva 6, Marquinhos 6, Berchiche 7; Verratti 5, Motta 6, Rabiot 6; Di Maria 5, Cavane 3, Mbappe 6. Subs: Pastore 6, Draxler 6, Diarra 6.

Real Madrid: Navas 7; Carvajal 6, Varane 7, Ramos 8, Marcelo 6; Lucas Vazquez 6, Casemiro 8, Kovacic 7, Asensio 8; Benzema 6, Ronaldo 7. Subs: Isco 6, Bale 6, Kroos 6.

Key Moments
51' - GOAL! PSG 0-1 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has done it again, putting Real ahead with a towering header. The goal was made by Asensio, who played a gorgeous pass down the left to Vazquez. He stood up a lovely deep cross towards Ronaldo, who soared above Berchiche to thump a downward header through the keeper Areola.

66' - Marco Verratti is sent off! He receives a second yellow card for dissent after charging towards the referee Felix Brych when he did not get the free-kick he wanted. PSG are down to 10 men.

70' - GOAL! PSG 1-1 Real Madrid: PSG get one back through a fortunate goal by Cavani! Thiago Silva's header was cleared off the line and the ball ricocheted back into the night off Cavani, who knew very little about it.

80' - GOAL! PSG 1-2 Real Madrid: Casemiro's deflected shot wrongfoots Areola to confirm Real's place in the quarter-finals.

Key Stats

Eurosport UK

✔@Eurosport_UK

31-20e3.png
35-20e3.png
30-20e3.png
Champions League wins for the Kings of Europe
1f451.png

2:54 AM - Mar 7, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

• Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 14 goals in his last nine Champions League games.
  • Real have reached the quarter-final of the competition in each of the last eight seasons.

Told you so. Real is going to win the CL.

Told you so. Real is going to win the CL.
i am a utd fan but i would love to see Pep win Cl this year and i hope Sevilla knocks utd out of CL next week so we can get rid of out dated genius Jose.

InshaAllah

#halamadrid
last nights Jevu comeback was amazing! sad for spurs as they are an amazing team under poch who is a brilliant manager and i think he will manage a big european club in 2 or 3 years Maybe Madrid.

i am a utd fan but i would love to see Pep win Cl this year and i hope Sevilla knocks utd out of CL next week so we can get rid of out dated genius Jose.

last nights Jevu comeback was amazing! sad for spurs as they are an amazing team under poch who is a brilliant manager and i think he will manage a big european club in 2 or 3 years Maybe Madrid.

Poch has been linked to Real. If zidane leave then he might be a good choice.

United united united
yes UTD UTD UTD!! But this joses utd is pathetic and boring to watch.

Poch has been linked to Real. If zidane leave then he might be a good choice.
yeh zidane if he fails to CL will be fired and it looks like poch might replace him but i hope utd board get rid of jose (as he wont bring any success to utd this or next season) and hire Poch and give him 5 years to re build.

yes UTD UTD UTD!! But this joses utd is pathetic and boring to watch.

yeh zidane if he fails to CL will be fired and it looks like poch might replace him but i hope utd board get rid of jose (as he wont bring any success to utd this or next season) and hire Poch and give him 5 years to re build.
I think mou still building the team . He more cares about the result than style . Imho winning is more important than style

I think mou still building the team . He more cares about the result than style . Imho winning is more important than style
his signing has been bad, his team selection been pathetic playing players out of position and not giving them freedom to attack has been an issue for utd! and he is heavily reliant on De geas brilliance to save his ***! and going forward he doesnt look like right fit for utd its not just the style result hasnt been good.

Bailly good signing lukaku good signin zlatan was amazing on his first season and matic is a class . His signing are amazing .he has to replace some old players . Its moyes and lvg who ruined man u . Its just my opinion sir

Back
Top Bottom