SekrutYakhni

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Moscow seeks Pakistan’s help in suicide attack probe

Amir Mir
Thursday, January 27, 2011

LAHORE: The Russian authorities, investigating the January 24 suicide bombing targeting the Domodedovo International Airport in Moscow that killed 35 people, have sought intelligence sharing from their Pakistani counterparts to explore a suspected link of Pakistani and Afghan militant groups, operating along the Durand Line, to the terror groups in North Caucasus, which might have helped in carrying out the suicide bombings.

According to well-informed diplomatic circles in Islamabad, the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB), the main domestic security agency of Russia, which also deals with counter-terrorism and surveillance, the suicide bombers who have repeatedly targeted Russia in the recent past, were most likely trained by the al-Qaeda network on the Pak-Afghan tribal belt, which is also home to Chechen, Uzbek as well as Tajik militants. The Russian authorities have informed their Pakistani counterparts that despite the US drone-attacks in the Pak-Afghan tribal belt, the training infrastructure remains operational.

According to the intelligence information, the Russian authorities have shared with their Pakistani counterparts, the Chechen militants who are suspected of carrying out suicide bombings in Russia, are being trained by the same al-Qaeda-run jehadi network which is imparting terror training to hundreds of other foreigners for launching Mumbai-style attacks in the United States, United Kingdom, France and Germany.

Three key anti-Russian commanders who are currently operating from the Pak-Afghan tribal belt and masterminding terrorist operations in Russia include Abu Haneefah, the commander of the Chechen, Turkish Kurds and Bosnians militants; Abu Akaash, who commands the Uzbek, Tajik and other Central Asians militants and Abu Nasar, who is the commander of the Uighur militants. Many of these militants are reportedly travelling to Pak-Afghan tribal belt via Turkey and Iran. The Federal Security Service of Russian Federation believes that the Moscow airport bombing was carried out by the Islamic Caucasian Emirate, which has attacked many cities in the past decade, challenging Russia’s sovereignty in Caucasian region. The Chechen militants are spread out in the mountains of North Caucuses and in Dagestan and are being directed by the al-Qaeda leadership from its stronghold in Pakistan.

Led by Doku Umarov, the Islamic Caucasian Emirate, which had claimed responsibility for the March 2010 terrorist attack in Moscow, wants to exploit the separatist struggles throughout the North Caucasus, which is popularly known as the war in Chechnya, as the rallying point and springboard for a broader strategic jehad against Russia and the states of Central Asia. Though extensive battles in Chechnya ended years ago, following two devastating wars between Russia and Chechen separatists, the militants have continued to carry out suicide bombings and other terror attacks across Russia, targeting subways, buses and trains.

Diplomatic circles in Islamabad say this is not for the first time that the Russian authorities have approached their Pakistani counterparts in connection with terrorism-related investigations. The Russians had earlier contacted Islamabad following the March 29, 2010, suicide bombing in Moscow which had killed 38 people.
A day after the attack, the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov had stated on March 30, 2010, that militants operating on the Pakistani border may have helped organise suicide bombing.

Lavrov did not mention al-Qaeda but said the bombers may have had links to militants on the Pak-Afghan border. When asked if there could have been any foreign involvement in the attack, Lavrov said, “I do not exclude that. We all know that in the Afghan-Pakistan border, in the so-called no-man’s land, the terrorist underground is very well entrenched. We know that many terrorist attacks, not only in Afghanistan, but in other countries too, are plotted in that area,” Lavrov was quoted as saying.

Moscow seeks Pakistan?s help in suicide attack probe

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari “strongly condemned” the suicide attack on a Moscow airport that killed 35 people, expressing solidarity on behalf of a country also hit by terrorism.

In a message to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, Zardari said “nothing could justify such terrorist attacks against innocent persons,” in a statement sent from his office late Monday.

“The people of Pakistan stood in firm solidarity with the Russian people and shared their pain and sorrow,” Zardari said.

“Pakistan, itself, has been subjected to numerous terrorist attacks and we firmly believe that no effort be spared by the international community to eliminate this blight from the world.”

Scenes of carnage unfolded at Domodedovo airport in southern Moscow on Monday as corpses were stretchered out of the arrivals area after the blast, which also wounded over 130 people.

Pakistan expresses solidarity with Russia after attack | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

I was eagerly waiting for the 'heat' from Russian side but till now, they are refraining from those words which the U.S. used.

Originally Posted by Jigs
"If the news is true Pakistan is going to get heat from Russia. Not because they had something to do with it(which obviously they didn't) but the fact that the terrorists were trained there. Which would indicate the terror orgs are capable of hitting other countries out of Pakistan. That would be bad and would put more pressure on Pakistan."

I am impatiently waiting for that 'heat news'"...

Link to my previous post: Post number 23
Thread title: Moscow airport bomb: suicide bombers were part of squad trained in Pakistan

http://www..pk/forums/pakistans-war...mbers-were-part-squad-trained-pakistan-2.html

IF you find a news where Russia uses not so diplomatic language with Pakistan, post it here.

I want to test the water I am floating in.

Last edited:
Even if there is any so called heat from the Russian side don't think you will ever find out what it was. Probably be one of the many bomb blasts in Pakistan, which no one takes responsibility killing innocent civilians yet again :tdown:

Even if there is any so called heat from the Russian side don't think you will ever find out what it was. Probably be one of the many bomb blasts in Pakistan, which no one takes responsibility killing innocent civilians yet again :tdown:

Could be.

I do not think so though.

Please post CREDIBLE links if you go over one. I want to read the heat.

The issue of Pak-Afghan border is troublesome. I did not like the way of Russian FM.

pakistani or afghan militant, how the hell would a pakistani militant want to bomb a snow filled moscow and why????, chechniya, daghistan?? got a hint??

pakistani or afghan militant, how the hell would a pakistani militant want to bomb a snow filled moscow and why????, chechniya, daghistan?? got a hint??

Something is missing.

I liked the fact that Russia used a civilized language in the media but I did not like the way FM pointed and singled out only one region.

^LOLZ that was rofl.........indeed they should shift their campus on mars ..... but where would pakistan should shift ......

Terrorists involved had probably got their training in NWFP (or so Russia believes). So Russia's action makes sense.

Russian are full of $hit, they could not find snow in middle of winter season. So there saying is nothing but a crap.

Russian are full of $hit, they could not find snow in middle of winter season. So there saying is nothing but a crap.

Well their 'crap' has more leverage in the world arena.being a member of P 5 and one of the most powerful countries in the world...they sure have enough weight to throw around. Russians must be taken seriously.

Well their 'crap' has more leverage in the world arena.being a member of P 5 and one of the most powerful countries in the world...they sure have enough weight to throw around. Russians must be taken seriously.

we took them seriously in 80s they should re-considered their dialouges.........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom