What's new

Russian Military Document Discloses Saudi Arabia's own Ballistic Missile Production

It in Arabian culture to develop in secret as much as possible. Keep as many cards under your sleeve as much as possible. Secrecy is an asset in Arabian culture and betraying it is considered an extremely shameful thing to do. This is why countries that flaunt around their capabilities don't get much respect for it in Arabia, and it is considered idiotic and stems from lower understanding of things, it is just the culture I guess.

So you mean to say that Saudi Arabia has already build a Nuclear Weapon under this secrecy?

67km is not far.

Its not, not by a long shot. However this was almost 20 years ago, and research and production of missiles were ongoing since then (The current head of the Ballistic Missile Force Brig.General Jarallah Al-Alweet is an established Engineer with many papers in the subject of aerospace engineering). So SABMF is actually probably the most active department in the Saudi military in R&D. (I was actually offered a grant by it to study Aeronautics in China but I turned it down to pursue a Medical Career, If time reversed I think I probably would have taken it).

So you mean to say that Saudi Arabia has already build a Nuclear Weapon under this secrecy?

Nope, not saying that at all.

Its not, not by a long shot. However this was almost 20 years ago, and research and production of missiles were ongoing since then (The current head of the Ballistic Missile Force Brig.General Jarallah Al-Alweet is an established Engineer with many papers in the subject of aerospace engineering). So SABMF is actually probably the most active department in the Saudi military in R&D. (I was actually offered a grant by it to study Aeronautics in China but I turned it down to pursue a Medical Career, If time reversed I think I probably would have taken it).

Nope, not saying that at all.

If they haven't which is very likely to be true then they should have done this long time ago !

Are you referring to a country that is on the opposite side of the Gulf by chance?

Not everything is as simple as that.

While most Arms control Treaties are between the Great Powers, US/ Russia/ UK/ France, there is great emphasis to maintaining some control over their proliferation both assembly and development.

These things do and can easily change the balance of power if deployed in numbers.

There would be immense fear if Pakistan tested a ICBM, and/or was in research. Remember you don't just decide, 'Hey I have some spare Rupees what should I do with them?' You don't develop them overnight. The Political Will has to be great to overcome any sanctions that will result if the R&D Program became public.

One of my High School Social Studies teacher thought Pakistan had 50 ICBMs aimed at America back in 2008. The class swallowed it up like the word of God.
Arm Treaties yes yes I know that Mr we have already given them Ballistic Missiles they are producing one Missile given by us I mean its technology its Shaheen and Which book was that ?

There is no reason why KSA can't have Ballistic Missiles of its own.

From our perspective, powerful regional powers like Turkey, KSA, Iran, Egypt, Indonesia should have such stand off delivery systems.

The bitchfighting and competetion between Muslim states is actually essential for our region's military growth.

Pakistan has helped Turkey with Yildirim missiles, and KSA is believed to be operating solid fuel Shaheens.

Na chadya kr inni...

But the DF-3 is not the backbone of the RSBMF, it is another one that I believe in lieu of recent events will be disclosed in its due time.

What is the greatest range of Saudi ballistic missiles?

For Pakistan for example, its Shaheen II with 2500km range.

You know the maximum range of Saudi Ballistic missiles?

Back
Top Bottom