What's new

Russian fighter jets intercept U.S. F-22 Raptor flying over Syria

Russians have lost the aerospace race. F-22s and F-35s would eat SU-35s and SU-57s on any day under any conditions without probably suffering a single loss. They are just too technologically advanced, just look at their trials against F-15s, Eurofighters and Rafales.

It is better for Russia to realise this, before ending up in a situation where the Russian Air Force will be humiliated.
Oh yes. Certainly.

su57vsf35.png

And nevermind the F-22. It is an F-15 with LO features, that's discontinued, isn't being modernized and has a 40% availability rating.

F-35 main game is hit and run , and if the NET can be spread to detect the escaping rascal , the visual range 1 vs 1 superiorly in favor of Russians

The usual BVR experiment once again. I almost feel sorry for the pilots
Major themes for 5th gen jet are to attack in BVR arena, that's why all 5th gen jet main weapons are BVR and for the last resort they have SRAAM and guns, and BVR is getting better and better and extremely reliable, look at the first gulf war BVR destroyed 50% of their targets, balkans war this figure improve to 90% @Frostbite

Major themes for 5th gen jet are to attack in BVR arena, that's why all 5th gen jet main weapons are BVR and for the last resort they have SRAAM and guns, and BVR is getting better and better and extremely reliable, look at the first gulf war BVR destroyed 50% of their targets, balkans war this figure improve to 90% @Frostbite

The list that I posted is not just flight characteristics but also things that make the su 57 superior in BVR

-better range & endurance
-carries more payload internally & externally
-carries higher caliber AA AG with greater range

Now I don't like having to expose the F-35 like this. I wish we could all just respect each others jets. But that's not what other ppl want to do evidently

The list that I posted is not just flight characteristics but also things that make the su 57 superior in BVR

-better range & endurance
-carries more payload internally & externally
-carries higher caliber AA AG with greater range
Prove its your second point @Frostbite , currently Su-57 uses interim engine (AL-41F1) with thrust of only 33000 lbs (140 kn) which is not comparable to F-119 (35000, 157 kn ) so your claims about Su-57 carries more weapons is ridiculous @Frostbiite

1) F-22 is also air refuel-able so range is not a problem for F-22 @Frostbite
3)gives me prove of this with less thrust engine its can't carry much weapon payloads @Frostbite

Prove its your second point @Frostbite , currently Su-57 uses interim engine (AL-41F1) with thrust of only 33000 lbs (140 kn) which is not comparable to F-119 (35000, 157 kn ) so your claims about Su-57 carries more weapons is ridiculous @Frostbiite

1) F-22 is also air refuel-able so range is not a problem for F-22 @Frostbite
3)gives me prove of this with less thrust engine its can't carry much weapon payloads @Frostbite

And even with the interim engines the SU-57 has 66,000lbs thrust while the F-35 has 43,000lbs thrust....

Having more thrust doesn't mean you can automatically carry more weapons. There are many factors that determines the payload of aircraft such as lift, drag, and weight of aircraft, and the simplest and most obvious is the issue of having enough hard points, be it internally or externally via pylons.

The F-135 engine is also an enormously large engine, it is extremely heavy, as is the entire aircraft, lift is also mediocre. Weapons are limited to its weapons bays, once external pylons are added the RCS, range, maneuverability and airspeed suffer.

And even with the interim engines the SU-57 has 66,000lbs thrust while the F-35 has 43,000lbs thrust....

Having more thrust doesn't mean you can automatically carry more weapons. There are many factors that determines the payload of aircraft such as lift, drag, and weight of aircraft, and the simplest and most obvious is the issue of having enough hard points, be it internally or externally via pylons.

The F-135 engine is also an enormously large engine, it is extremely heavy, as is the entire aircraft, lift is also mediocre. Weapons are limited to its weapons bays, once external pylons are added the RCS, range, maneuverability and airspeed suffer.
Compare Su-57 to F-22 not to F-35 @ptldM3 sir

Compare Su-57 to F-22 not to F-35 @ptldM3 sir

Forget about Su-57 against F-22 - Su-57s will also be turned into scrap metal by F-35s. Russia obviously is incapable of developing 5th generation aircraft and the necessary software/hardware.

Yes the Su-57 might have better speed and payload, but what does it matter when the radar is inferior and incapable of even finding the F-35.

Why would I when you compared it to the F-35 and still at the end the SU-57 will have more thrust then F-22 which is what the argument is about.
What is you talking about F-22 2*35,000=70,000, whereas Su-57 2*33,000=66,000 @ptldM3 :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Forget about Su-57 against F-22 - Su-57s will also be turned into scrap metal by F-35s.

Because you speak from experience I assume? I can also assume you have secret access to the SU-57, F-22 and F-35 and you somehow flew mock combat simulations using all 3 aircraft to come to that conclusion?

Or maybe perhaps you are blowing diarrhea out of your mouth.

Russia obviously is incapable of developing 5th generation aircraft and the necessary software/hardware.

Again do you have information that no one else does? Russia is a world leading aircraft manufacturer, with more college graduate rates then any country in the world, they have all the things such as AESA, sensor fusion, and engines that are deemed as 5 generation technology.

Yes the Su-57 might have better speed and payload, but what does it matter when the radar is inferior and incapable of even finding the F-35.

Again you seem to imply you have inside information. Exactly what do you know about the SU-57s radar? How do you know that "it can't find an F-35" This claim is about as empty as me claiming the F-35 can't find the SU-57. The fact is every "stealth" aircraft can be picked up by radar depending on range, frequency and angle. "Stealth" just allows aircraft go much further before being detected in which they can still be seen in the IR spectrum.

The fact is even the SU-35 was able to see the F-22s IR signature and the Russian pilot implied that the F-22 wasn't that stealthy.

SU-57 have two engines onboard much like F-22 - these two are big aircraft. Two engines, in tandem, provide higher thrust, speed and flight range.

F-35 is a marvel of engineering but single engine design. Therefore, F-35 cannot match SU-57 in thrust, sheer speed and range. F-35 can contend with SU-57 on its terms nevertheless, due to the former's relatively superior sensor-suite and low-observable characteristics.

SU-57 is arguably the best Sukhoi out there, and designed as per Russian needs.

Back
Top Bottom