What's new

Russian aircraft carrier readies for training mission

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Russian aircraft carrier readies for training mission

Russia's only aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, has left a dry dock after scheduled repairs and is getting ready for a training mission in the Barents Sea, the Northern Fleet said in a statement.

"The Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier will sail to the Barents Sea at the end of September on a training mission relevant to its main purpose," the statement said.

The warship was assigned to the Northern Fleet in January 1991. It is capable of carrying 26 Su-33 Flanker-D and MiG-29K Fulcrum-D carrier-based fighter jets, and 24 anti-submarine helicopters.

The upcoming mission will most likely involve a comprehensive program of naval pilot training to further develop the skills acquired by pilots at the Nitka Naval Pilot Training Center in Ukraine.

The Admiral Kuznetsov is expected to be docked at Sevmash shipyards in 2012 for full-scale modernization, which will continue for at least five years.

Russia is aiming to finish drafting plans for a new nuclear-powered aircraft carrier for its Navy by 2012 and build at least three of the ships for its Northern and Pacific fleets.

160592293.jpg

Russian aircraft carrier readies for training mission | Defense | RIA Novosti

The Russian Bear is slowly waking up..
Only this time one thing is for sure,they will be openly against Islam and Muslims .

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of wasting time and money to build these evil machines, why not work together for **** sakes and build SPACESHIPS and conquer other planets!

We are all human here, a rare spieces indeed and here we are fighting over stupid stuff!

OMG I wish I was president

The Russian Bear is slowly waking up..
Only this time one thing is for sure,they will be openly against Islam and Muslims .

why will that be so? why should anyone in this world be against Islam or Muslims? I am kind of tired listening to this.

Please give a credible source why will Russia be against Islam.

why will that be so? why should anyone in this world be against Islam or Muslims? I am kind of tired listening to this.

Every military power needs an enemy,however hypothetical,to sustain itself.
Unlike the cold war,USA and Russia are no more arch rivals,and a large,powerful enemy is required...Guess who will be dragged in to fill in the blank?

Btw if you are fed up...its better to flip the page ;)

Every military power needs an enemy,however hypothetical,to sustain itself.
Unlike the cold war,USA and Russia are no more arch rivals,and a large,powerful enemy is required...Guess who will be dragged in to fill in the blank?

Btw if you are fed up...its better to flip the page ;)

so your source on russia going to be against muslims is this?

seems like you are making the hypothetical enemy here.!!!

please come out of this mindset.

so your source on russia going to be against muslims is this?

seems like you are making the hypothetical enemy here.!!!

please come out of this mindset.

Actually my source was Vladimir Putin's various comments on different occasions which are visibly as hypothetical as my comment,and all were anti Islam and anti Muslim.
But since you are already fed up,i will stop insisting on my comment and move on to other threads.

sorry.... I dont see how the kremlin would be against ISLAM/MUSLIMS...

that would be not only political suicide, but very dangerous in regards to there interest of not only themselves... but there allies (US)

dont worry, US will keep them on check in regards to this...

our enemy is not MUSLIMS or Islam... its Al-Qaeda

Last edited:

We have a lot of conspiracy theorists.

And a lot of 12 year olds running around.

Posts like that are normal here. Just ignore 'em.;)

We have a lot of conspiracy theorists.

And a lot of 12 year olds running around.

Posts like that are normal here. Just ignore 'em.;)

Actually i am 37,but thanks for calling me young..Feels good ;)

Btw..ever been to soviet Russia,or any of the communist countries during Soviet union's time? Burning mosques,churches,public executions of mullahs,cardinals,rabbis? Plus reports like this and many.DAWN.COM | World | Fear of anti-Muslim backlash after Russia blast
Oh well,i should go and suck my thumb,being the 12 yo i am...
cheerio.

Btw..ever been to soviet Russia,or any of the communist countries during Soviet union's time? Burning mosques,churches,public executions of mullahs,cardinals,rabbis? Plus reports like this and many.DAWN.COM | World | Fear of anti-Muslim backlash after Russia blast
cheerio.

that happens in Pak as well.. bombing in mosques, killing of muslims and fighting against muslims (let me not even start on the minorities here),.. so even Pakistan is against muslims and islam?

cheerio.

I was talking about the Russian government, not their people. You know how many Muslim countries prefer Russia over the US?

Actually my source was Vladimir Putin's various comments on different occasions which are visibly as hypothetical as my comment,and all were anti Islam and anti Muslim.
But since you are already fed up,i will stop insisting on my comment and move on to other threads.

You know Putin's girlfriend identifies her self as Muslim right? Or to be more precise she's Muslim and Christian, as strange as that sounds.

Also last year Russia donated 785 million dollars most of that went to predominately Muslim countries such as Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, as well as countries in Africa, this year at least 500 million more will be donated. Russia has also donated goods, services and cash to Palestine.

Russia to donate 500 million dollars to poor countries - People's Daily Online

Btw..ever been to soviet Russia, or any of the communist countries during Soviet union's time? Burning mosques,churches,public executions of mullahs,cardinals,rabbis? Plus reports like this and many.DAWN.COM | World | Fear of anti-Muslim backlash after Russia blast
cheerio.

Have you ever been to a Soviet Russia? Your examples make little sense since you included Christian and Jews. Under Communism all religions were discouraged. However, Russia is not Communist any more, Mosques are being freely constructed in Russia.

BTW that link said nothing about public executions or burning down any Mosques or Churches, you added that for zest and drama.

The only public executions in Russia is done by hit men working for the Mafia and common street criminals/murderers which exist in every country, Russia is not Afghanistan, public executions are illegal, unheard of and anyone that does partake in such behavior will be hunted down.

Your link also stated the following:

With around 2.5 million migrant workers, Russia has the second largest migrant worker population after the United States.

Just like with any other country that has a high concentration of immigrants people will feel upset because they will feel that their jobs are being taken away, thus people with poor judgment will do things in poor taste such as attack others.

Your link also stated that the attacks were linked to paranoia after terrorist attacks which is normal in many countries that have suffered a terrorist attack. There was plenty of attacks after 911. The people that partake in this behavior usually have mental issues such as Schizophrenia or some other mental disorder, or they are poorly educated bigots, either way that does not consist of the majority in any country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom