What's new

Russia to deliver 12 Fighter Jets to India.

Owais

Reaction score
Russia To Deliver 12 Fighter Jets to India
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
Mon, 19 Jun 2006, 00:04

Russia’s Irkut jet maker is planning to deliver 12 Su-30MKI fighter jets to India this year and will start supplying Algeria and Malaysia from 2007 as production at the plant ramps up, the company’s director said in an interview on June 15.

”The contract has already been agreed, its signature is expected in the next few months, and this year we plan to deliver 12 fighter jets” to India, Oleg Demchenko, director of the plant in Russia’s Siberian region of Irkutsk told the Vedomosti business daily.

”In the first quarter of this year, five unassembled jets have already been delivered” to India, Demchenko said.

Irkut would also begin delivering jets to Algeria “from 2007,” he added.
Algeria agreed in March to buy up to $7.5 billion worth of Russian weaponry, including 28 Su-30 jets, Russian news agencies reported.

Also from 2007 “we will deliver nine jets to Malaysia and we will supply the remaining six out of 18 fighter jets to India” to replace 18 jets exported to India in 1997 and 1999, he added.

”We are increasing production to 32 jets per year, while in Soviet times the factory made 28. It’s a very tough production plan,” Demchenko continued.

Irkut had net profits of $84.8 million in 2005 — up from $68.4 million in 2004 — and factory executives estimate current orders have a total value of five billion dollars, Vedomosti reported.

European aircraft maker EADS has a 10 percent stake in irkut.

Owais said:
Russia To Deliver 12 Fighter Jets to India
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
Mon, 19 Jun 2006, 00:04

Russia’s Irkut jet maker is planning to deliver 12 Su-30MKI fighter jets to India this year and will start supplying Algeria and Malaysia from 2007 as production at the plant ramps up, the company’s director said in an interview on June 15.

”The contract has already been agreed, its signature is expected in the next few months, and this year we plan to deliver 12 fighter jets” to India, Oleg Demchenko, director of the plant in Russia’s Siberian region of Irkutsk told the Vedomosti business daily.

”In the first quarter of this year, five unassembled jets have already been delivered” to India, Demchenko said.

Irkut would also begin delivering jets to Algeria “from 2007,” he added.
Algeria agreed in March to buy up to $7.5 billion worth of Russian weaponry, including 28 Su-30 jets, Russian news agencies reported.

Also from 2007 “we will deliver nine jets to Malaysia and we will supply the remaining six out of 18 fighter jets to India” to replace 18 jets exported to India in 1997 and 1999, he added.

”We are increasing production to 32 jets per year, while in Soviet times the factory made 28. It’s a very tough production plan,” Demchenko continued.

Irkut had net profits of $84.8 million in 2005 — up from $68.4 million in 2004 — and factory executives estimate current orders have a total value of five billion dollars, Vedomosti reported.

European aircraft maker EADS has a 10 percent stake in irkut.

Has Mig-29 production and exports stopped by Russia, it seems no one buys them anymore.

I believe the Mig-29K line is still open but lacks orders.
Ofcourse the Mig-29OVT will have a good export market.

Neo said:
I believe the Mig-29K line is still open but lacks orders.
Ofcourse the Mig-29OVT will have a good export market.

Still there's too much competition, with the presence of Raphael, Grippens and Superhornets.

melb4aust said:
Still there's too much competition, with the presence of Raphael, Grippens and Superhornets.
Russia has a good market in all continents, mostly allies from the Sovjet era.
Mig-29OVT is a very capable platform wich will be available at considerably cheaper price.

sigatoka said:
Has Mig-29 production and exports stopped by Russia, it seems no one buys them anymore.

The Mig-29K is the plane of choice for it's new/ rebfurbished carrier.

The Mig-29OVT ( redesignated Mig-35) is an awesome plane and is in the running for India's MRCA. I hope they pick that, rather than the Superhornet - pricey.

Mig-29OVT is ideal for Indian carriers which will have the 'sky-jump' deck rather than the conventional catapult equipped deck.
Choince to acquire the Super Hornet will be a political one as its doesn't suit the Indian aircraft carrier and will have to operate from Landbase, probably Goa.

Neo said:
Mig-29OVT is ideal for Indian carriers which will have the 'sky-jump' deck rather than the conventional catapult equipped deck.
Choince to acquire the Super Hornet will be a political one as its doesn't suit the Indian aircraft carrier and will have to operate from Landbase, probably Goa.

You mean Mig-29K ( maritime version ) for carriers don't you? The only thing the Superhornet has going for it is the AESA radar. I heard the Mig-29 OVT will have something comparable, but I don't have the specs on it. Can someone enlighten me on this?

TexasJohn said:
You mean Mig-29K ( maritime version ) for carriers don't you? The only thing the Superhornet has going for it is the AESA radar. I heard the Mig-29 OVT will have something comparable, but I don't have the specs on it. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Yeah,
The Russians are working on something like the Aesa but no data is available yet.
Bull, Sword or Sam might answer this.

tats a bad news for pakistan..... fc-1, f-16, j-10 wont be able to hold off massive mig-35 and su-30MKI for long....
hope china can speed up j-14's pace.... and equip PAF in the next 7~8 years

master_fx said:
tats a bad news for pakistan..... fc-1, f-16, j-10 wont be able to hold off massive mig-35 and su-30MKI for long....
hope china can speed up j-14's pace.... and equip PAF in the next 7~8 years

Check out this mig-29OVT video.

http://www.alert5.com/2005/08/mig-29-ovt-demo-video-wmv.html

wait till the end after he lands and watch him show off his thrust vectoring nozzles!! No "radius of turn" while in flight!

I'm not really sure about the Russian AESA.
Heard nothing seen nothing.....

What associated weapons the Americans are willing to offer with the Hornets or Falcons is yet to be seen.So its not the AESA alone....

Remember, we're very interested in ToTs.
The Americans are not too keen to do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom