What's new

Russia rubbishes reports of 'secret negotiation' with Pakistan on CPEC

Moscow made someone happy by showing him the mere tip and not the iceberg as indeed, if the meeting was secret than would be denied in first place. Welcome for the start instead of totally NO due to Afghan theater.

The only source there is DAWN and some indian newspapers ........no russian sorce that i could find . indians have this way of spreading lies which even our public believes . we can see in so many cases . their media plays the extension of r.a.w ........unless there is a russia source i dont believe this report ........
the DAWN seems to copy this from the indian news papers ..........
this is totally fake news guys , only in indian news papers ..............please some seniors confirm this?

India to Russia:

you-cheating.jpg

Russia:

Lw6RrTG.jpg

Those were very happy days, everybody was jumping , especially religious people who loves to live in delusional/imaginary world. Sadly it has ruined those good days. Sad day, let see what is next in their delusional world. This is a cycle which never stops , and it disappoint them again & again. But they will get few good days , when they again go in imaginary world
"Kabhi khushi, Kabhi gham" cycle !!
You are not pakistani its come out true today that even on a news you are on indian side

The Russian foreign ministry on Tuesday rubbished Pakistani media reports about 'secret negotiations' between the two countries regarding cooperation on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

Reports circulating last week claimed that the Russian spy chief had made a visit to Pakistan in order to inspect the Gwadar port.

The reports alleged that Pakistan had formally authorised Russia to join the $46bn CPEC after the head of Russian intelligence requested to join the project.

I've said it before too, the Russians won't directly tick off the Indians right at this time. They won't lose billions they make from India today in various deals, for billions they will make in the future from Pakistan. The game is played in a much more subtle manner. Our Pakistani friends want everything black and white (the US has to go all out to show us they support Pakistan, is also an example we see on here all the time). The Pakistanis need to learn diplomacy (especially the one's on here who want the Army rule because they don't understand the word diplomacy, and the meaning of it at all). This right here, is an example of good diplomacy.

Russians have national interests like the Americans. And they can't jeopardize those because they want to be closer to Pakistan today. But actions speak louder than words. The actions are, they are investing and building strategic projects inside Pakistan, like the Pipeline, the Steel Mill, Mining, etc. So you can pull an ear by two different arm movements, but you are pulling one ear. Similarly, they don't have to announce anything like "joining the CPEC" but they are already participating into strategic work that complements the CPEC. Thanks

Last edited:
DAWN.COM — UPDATED 33 minutes ago
WHATSAPP
12 COMMENTS
PRINT
The Russian foreign ministry on Tuesday rubbished Pakistani media reports about 'secret negotiations' between the two countries regarding cooperation on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

Reports circulating last week claimed that the Russian spy chief had made a visit to Pakistan in order to inspect the Gwadar port.

The reports alleged that Pakistan had formally authorised Russia to join the $46bn CPEC after the head of Russian intelligence requested to join the project.

"The Pakistani media reports about secret negotiations between Russia and Pakistan on the implementation of projects as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) are not true to the facts," Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation said in a press release.

Russia denied holding discussions with Pakistan on the possibility of joining the project.

"Moscow is not discussing the possibility of joining this project [CPEC] with Islamabad," the Russian foreign ministry said.

"Russia-Pakistan trade and economic cooperation has its own inherent value, and we intend to strengthen it," it said, adding, "Russian companies are implementing business projects in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, including the planned construction of the North-South gas pipeline from Karachi to Lahore, on a bilateral basis."

This is just an eyewash by Russians. I do not find any logical reason of why Russian will not join Pakistan China Project. Pakistan is a way not anti Russian nor do Russia to Pakistan...

Rather i feel, CPEC should be used collectively by all neighboring nations including India, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan to increase trade and business in our region.

I don't think India will have any problem Russia joining CPEC, the only concern India will have is if Russia becomes a supplier of cutting edge defense tech to Pakistan

If russia had joined it , USA will stop our aid .
USAID is much more important for us than russia .
Russia is temporary but USA have been giving us permanent support .

This is just an eyewash by Russians. I do not find any logical reason of why Russian will not join Pakistan China Project. Pakistan is a way not anti Russian nor do Russia to Pakistan...

Rather i feel, CPEC should be used collectively by all neighboring nations including India, Iran, Russia and Afghanistan to increase trade and business in our region.

I support it .
I really want india to become part of cpec but without any concerns from both sides .

People to people connection are really good . India is the only country where our people are so closely linked .

"The Pakistani media reports about secret negotiations between Russia and Pakistan on the implementation of projects as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) are not true to the facts," Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation said in a press release.

Russia denied holding discussions with Pakistan on the possibility of joining the project.

"Moscow is not discussing the possibility of joining this project [CPEC] with Islamabad," the Russian foreign ministry said.

"Russia-Pakistan trade and economic cooperation has its own inherent value, and we intend to strengthen it," it said, adding, "Russian companies are implementing business projects in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, including the planned construction of the North-South gas pipeline from Karachi to Lahore, on a bilateral basis."
http://www.dawn.com/news/1299402/russia-rubbishes-secret-negotiation-reports-on-cpec-with-pakistan

Apparently the foreign minister is smoking something. History has already been made on PDF by allowing Russia to access warm waters in this winter. Pakistani PDF members allowed Russia to do so.

It can't be undone. Russia-Pakistan-China nexus is alive and kicking. No one can deny it, even Russian foreign ministry.

They can deny or accept it doesn't matter

Reality is it happened

just like the Russia-China-Pakistan geo strategic meeting on "Afghanistan" coming up

They can deny or accept it doesn't matter

Reality is it happened

just like the Russia-China-Pakistan geo strategic meeting on "Afghanistan" coming up
That's what I've stated in my previous post. You will include them even if they don't want to. I wish Russia a good luck. Warm waters in winter. That really sounds interesting.

Hold tight. Ivan is coming to CPEC. He will race down the roads and swim through the oceans full of warm waters.

May be Russians get disturbed by such hype Pakistanis created so thats why they are denying....I don't know why Russians are denying...?? to please India?

I m not ready to believe this denial of Russians. No way. Pakistanis don't have any need to lie....Their secret service chief visited Pakistan and greeted warmly by his counterpart Pakistani officials as per Pakistani media...

Unlike Indians, Pakistanis don't circulate fake news...

May be this denial is part of some pre-planned thinking...

@Taimoor Khan @Horus @PakSword @Farah Sohail @The Sandman @Sinopakfriend @Chinese-Dragon @Star Expedition @HAKIKAT @Areesh @DJ_Viper

There are two groups within Russia, one is the old school lot and on the other hand there is another one who wants to work with new geopolitical realities. This might be the work of old school guys.

Its in Russia own interests to join CPEC. They are not doing us any favors.

Apparently the foreign minister is smoking something. History has already been made on PDF by allowing Russia to access warm waters in this winter. Pakistani PDF members allowed Russia to do so.

It can't be undone. Russia-Pakistan-China nexus is alive and kicking. No one can deny it, even Russian foreign ministry.

Your officals declared Sir Jee Kal strike being carried out , in reality they were not.
You can find out the moral yourself mate.

Back
Top Bottom