What's new

Russia-Pakistan Mi-35 Contract Could be Expanded

Missiles and helis are ok but helis too are repair intensive and spares are many times hard to come by. Thats why they lost MI 26 night hunter to US apache in a tender. Missiles are offensive weapon and Russians are pretty deadly and accurate too so they will not sell this any time soon to Pakistan

I believe this helicopter shares some parts like engines with MI17s.....that Pakistan has maintained over decades. We are not buy a large fleet, simply buy enough spares and you're set. The added utility they bring is worth the cost.

AH-1Z/WZ-10s and MI35s ravaging insurgents on the border is what we need.

May be the 4 Evaluation copies , passed all evaluation , and thus we are discussing the need for increase

One indian said only r no prob now 12 armed MI 35m Coming

I think PA looking for pantsir and BUK airdefence system

Russia seems keen on selling to Pakistan when other buyers are short. And they have proven more reliable as a supplier than the US, but maintenance and spares are a nightmare.

Russia could potentially sell up to 12 Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The contract on the delivery of four Russian Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan could be expanded, head of the Russian Foreign Ministry's Second Asia Department Zamir Kabulov said Tuesday.
"It all depends on money. Pakistan has stated that it has the financial means for 10-12 helicopters of this type, but negotiations are ongoing," Kabulov told RIA Novosti..

This will start from 4, might go up to 10, but over the next 5 years, Pakistan will have about 30-40 of these. Plus, about 40 of the Chinese Z-10 over the next 5-7 years (3 already given and I hope these will come with some TOT, so Pakistan could produce 40-80 more long term internally), and 15 Vipers (will go up to 20-24).

This will start from 4, might go up to 10, but over the next 5 years, Pakistan will have about 30-40 of these. Plus, about 40 of the Chinese Z-10 over the next 5-7 years (3 already given and I hope these will come with some TOT, so Pakistan could produce 40-80 more long term internally), and 15 Vipers (will go up to 20-24).
will be a big stock of tech :agree:

Vipers will go up to 30 at the most...That too if PAA gets more AH-1Y which they are looking at the moment.

Sir @Viper0011. Is this your assessment or based on some inside source?

Russia is in dire need of export orders if pakistan has money then they can get Russian defensive weapons but there equipments though cheap initially turns out to be more costly in the long run because of intensive repairs and there oil guzzling heavy body and engines
the thing worried me at remote parking of noor khan airbase there was a dusty il-78 refeuler parked look like from months . all is not well .

Vipers will go up to 30 at the most...That too if PAA gets more AH-1Y which they are looking at the moment.
one SQN this one that and may be one from next door , that is it

Ignore every thing ...... just answer a question...... why USA is delivering Vipers so late? In late 22018.....? USA companies particularly Lockheed Martin and Bell have reputation of following quick orders ....... also is their any possibility that under Indian pressure USA might still cancel this deal too??

We might get few S300 , for billion or so it would be good purchase

At least 12 is a good starting number much better then just 4 units
This is first batch will go up I beleive 40 plus easy to maintain and very similar Mi 17 so issue .plus pak should go for more hardware from Russia I am long advocate of SU 25 around 36 copies for coin ops will take burden off from airforce

the thing worried me at remote parking of noor khan airbase there was a dusty il-78 refeuler parked look like from months . all is not well .

well that might be waiting for spares from Russia which comes at snails pace sometimes. thats why India diversified with western and Israeli weapons of late

I thk Pak wont get more then 10 of these..
I thk they did this contract to the ball rolling on Russian Defense deals
Like seniors have said, multiple platforms is a headache logistics wise.
The goal might be to get other weapons down the road, this was the quickest deal they could get and justify with the WoT, they cant justify selling S-300s to us for WoT can they

Back
Top Bottom