What's new

Russia offers Bangladesh Sputnik V jabs for $9.95 each

Yes my point is who wants to take a vaccine where you still can get infected and die when there are others that are nearly 100% guaranteed to save you if you are vulnerable to the disease.

Only if you have no other option then the Chinese vaccine is better than the others.

Anything less than 75% is no effect at all. I believe that is WHO Threshold too.

Anything less than 75% is no effect at all. I believe that is WHO Threshold too.

WHO threshold is 50% and the Chinese vaccine just about meets that.

I don't think that vaccines are the only way to gain "herd immunity" as recovery from natural infection and exposure to previous coronaviruses can also do it.

Lmao these people not able to sell their vaccine anywhere else… shouldn’t be more than 200 rubles in Russia, what makes 10 $ justifiable. Lmao get Pfizer instead

Lmao these people not able to sell their vaccine anywhere else… shouldn’t be more than 200 rubles in Russia, what makes 10 $ justifiable. Lmao get Pfizer instead
We should buy the initial batch at least without negotiation in order to save time.
The co-produced ones should not cost us so much.

We do not have the infrastructure to store Pfizers in the required sub-zero temp.

@Destranator bhai mentioned this already. Liquid Co2 needed for transport. Pfizer and BioNTech's vaccine, , requires some of the coldest temperatures of any vaccine: minus 70°C (minus 94°F) or lower during storage and transport. This would complicate things in Bangladesh.

Moderna is probably a lot better (very popular in warm states in USA now). Moderna vaccine needs to be frozen during transport as well, but only at minus 20 Celsius, more like a regular freezer.

I much rather look at the effect of 20 million vaccinations on the most vulnerable on Turkey by early May, compared to your personal anecdotes.

Both Chile and Turkish data suggests that the Chinese vaccine is not as good as the Western and probably Russian Sputnik.
Chile real world data suggests only 3% efficacy from symptons from single dose and 50-60% from two - although protection from severe disease would be a lot higher than these figures.

Me saying the truth is not going to make the vaccine less effective. I hope that the vaccine gives good protection to your family members and it is disappointing that Chinese vaccine did not have higher efficacy.
I am still alive and doin great.. Chinese vaccine did a great JOB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom