What's new

Russia hypersonic weapons still ahead of the game?

GlobalVillageSpace

Media Partner
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Global Village Space |
Moscow knows other nations are hastily designing their own hypersonic weapons – but by the time they are acquired, the Russian military will have learned how to shield the country from them, President Vladimir Putin has said.

The likes of the US and China have their own projects to build missiles capable of travelling several times faster than the speed of sound.
Russia able to counter hypersonic weapons made by other nations
Putin believes the world’s leading defence powers will eventually succeed in developing the ultra-fast weaponry. However, the President explained to Russia-1 TV, on Sunday, that Russia won’t be caught off-guard once that happens. At present, the country seems to be leading the field in this area.
“I think that we can pleasantly surprise our partners with the fact that when they get these weapons, we will have the means of combating them, with a high degree of probability,” Putin forecast.

The US president just recently teased a new “super-duper” missile, which he claimed could travel 17 times faster than the speed of sound.

“We have, I call it the Super Duper Missile. And I heard the other night [it’s] 17 times faster than what they have right now,” Trump said.

Read more: Trump hints about launching ‘SUPER DUPER MISSILE’ at Space Force ceremony

If you take the fastest missile right now – you’ve heard Russia has 5 times [faster], China is working on 5 or 6 times [faster]. We have one 17 times …17 times faster, if you can believe that.
Read full article...
Russia hypersonic weapons still ahead of the game?

So 17 times speed of sound or 17 times faster than fastest Russian and Chinese missile? Funny man. Doesn't even have straight information. First says 17 times fast than what they have and this same missile is 17 times faster than speed of sound so basically Chinese and Russian fastest is at speed of sound even though his own Pentagon says Chinese completed successful testing of hypersonic at least 5 times speed of sound in 2014. Now expect 20 times speed of sound for atmosphere glider and 5 to 10 times for powered hypersonic. Anyway I guess he just means to say USA has hypersonic missiles that are very fast basically. We already know anyway.

Back
Top Bottom