What's new

Russia Competes With China for Arms Sales to Pakistan

Report mentions some Pakistani Shopping List that includes MiG35 !!!!
we are facing too much problems how we can procure this list . its just a trick to milk some one an other

Mi26T2 Heavy Lifter with Local Assembly. Yes Most Welcome and needed. But Mig35?? Sorry just Sale us the Improved versions of RD-93s based of Mig35 RD33k. And 9 Billion dollars Defense Deal? o_O That is almost out total foreign reserves with state bank. That part makes the article dubious.

9 Billion must be segregated in different phases spread over a period of time ...say 5~7 yrs.

we are facing too much problems how we can procure this list . its just a trick to milk some one an other

Yes, most probably the case.

9 Billion must be segregated in different phases spread over a period of time ...say 5~7 yrs.

yes all money is not given in 1 go. in a span of 5 to 10 years

May Allah bless us with the good news of oil exploration activities..... bartering may be the way to go.:smitten:

Pakistan should get closer to Russia and gain the trust, Sukhoi is the future it is already working on 6th generation fighters from a prototype su-57 beyond 2030 when it'll be operational will be superior to F-35 and F-22 Raptor.
What i want to say is that since USA ditched us its to dump the relations with US and go with a mix of Russian and Chinese fighters in PAF inventory....
Our relations with US will never settle now, most likely WW3 will be based on US fighting us along side our enemies or openly coming in with their stealth planes and all it got for attacking Pakistan, this will be a time when good relations with Russia will pay you more benefits and possible disintegration of US like USSR>

Last edited:
May Allah bless us with the good news of oil exploration activities..... bartering may be the way to go.:smitten:
Friends, the infrastructure to extract the oil and pipeline it properly for heavy production outputs itself is going to take 2 to 3 years. Then there are matters of refining this crude oil and the establishment of required refining infrastructure to support outputs of the expected scale will add a few years in itself. You can expect the benefits of the oil discovery to be available no earlier than the next 4 to 5 years if everything goes smoothly. Which is unlikely that it would. There are forces within and external who would want to delay this as much as they can.

Just my 2 cents.

Pakistan should get closer to Russia and gain the trust, Sukhoi is the future it is already working on 6th generation fighters from a prototype su-57 beyond 2030 when it'll be operational will be superior to F-35 and F-22 Raptor.
What i want to say is that since USA ditched us its to dump the relations with US and go with a mix of Russian and Chinese fighters in PAF inventory....
Our relations with US will never settle now, most likely WW3 will be based on US fighting us along side our enemies or openly coming in with their stealth planes and all it got for attacking Pakistan, this will be a time when good relations with Russia will pay you more benefits and possible disintegration of US like USSR>

Opsss you have gone too far...

Report mentions some Pakistani Shopping List that includes MiG35 !!!!
More like Window Shopping.

Try to see the bigger picture. If push comes to shove, who's side do you think Russia is going to take...Pakistan or India? Do you really want us to be standing with the deep end of the stick...?

Look, India has Russia in their corner. That's fine. But we too have China on our side.

I'm not suggesting that we do not do business with Russia - at all, but one needs to fully understand the optics of Politics. We can work alongside with them in Civilian-based projects like Trains, Energy related stuff - but Defense is a big 'NO'.

Even (if) we were able to muster up $9 Billion - can anyone guarantee what our relations will be 10 Years from now. Who's to say that they won't cut us off with spares. We've already learned our lesson in the past & i'm pretty certain this is just a pipe dream.

The MiG-35 is a mean looking s.o.b, and I would take that over the Su-35 - anyday, but its not going to happen.

The only way, I see Pakistan doing business with Russia...if we have a pact that involves China & Turkey.

The best fit from Russia is not Su is MIG 35 bcas of engine commonalities .in any jet the basic is engine

Well if russian military hardware is better than chinese, turkish or american one in their specific role then indeed pakistan should get it from russia.

Depends on the role of that hardware weapons and their usability enhancment they offer to the armed forces.

Mig 35 is a twin engine aircraft , new but not top of the line, pakistan would rather invest in chinese dual engine fighters as they come with transfer of technology and are in many cases superior to mig 35. Anything mikoyan can offer has quality issues. Mikoyan and MIG isn't a good name.

But we need to extend diversifiaction hand of friendship towards russia. Anything that makes pakistan stronger and gain more partners is good.

Havving said that pakistan wont be able to make big ticket purchases in billions of dollars for next 3 years atleast.

You have got to be kidding?!!

I'll take the MiG-35 anyday.

I second that thought. India just wants to sit back & observe. (If) Pakistan was to take an interest in (any) Russian equipment - they'd put a stop to it before the talks would pick up any momentum.

But yeah, the MiG-35 is a beauty and currently only the Russians have a handful of 'em.

The problem with Migs now is their built quality which is not par with even Sukhois, forgot about western birds.

Back
Top Bottom