What's new

Russia Competes With China for Arms Sales to Pakistan

Well their is a quality issue with Migs.I haven't seen Bhartis bringing a bad name to Mirage 2000.
Mirage's maintenance and parts from France and Mig, Sukhoi are carrying many locally manufactured parts and maintenance is not under Russian supervision.

Pakistan Russia & China cooperation can be the future but speaking of a purchase off the shelf is not doable nor happening at all. We might have selected Item Purchase and in broader aspects, 3 of us may work together for something of our own interest. There has been some understanding as well as positive response by Russia while China is playing the respective part. A joint venture may be on the way. Just look at how we did with JF-17.

can't we offer JF-17 aircraft to Russia as they are already short on jets and lots of old jets are in line to be replaced.
Su-27 and Mig-29 jet families are very expensive to buy and maintain and Russia did not have any low cost and easy to maintain jet in the inventory to cover his vast land borders and airspace..

maxresdefault.jpg
According to a Russian news agency, Pakistan has shown interest in purchasing Russian military hardware. The deal is expected to amount $9 billion under which Islamabad would purchase heavy and medium fighter jets, medium and short-range air defense systems, tanks, combat helicopters, and warships.

Prospects of Pak-Russia Arms Deal
The agency has cited Konstantin Makienko, the deputy director of the Moscow-based defense think tank Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies. Makeinko revealed that two types of Russian military hardware can make Pakistan’s shopping list, i.e., the new Russian fighter jet MiG-35 and the heavy transport helicopter Mi-26T2.

However, the news has not been confirmed by Pakistan neither has there been any related story on the country’s media. Makienko observed that given the Chinese-dominated, low-competitive military market in Pakistan, Russia can get favorable terms on the purchase agreements.

He also said that Pakistan has not extended any request of technology transfer for localization of production as terms for the purchase contract.

From 2008 to 2018, Pakistan has received weapons worth over $6.4 billion from China. It makes China the South Asian country’s biggest military equipment supplier, while the US comes second with $2.5 billion in weapons supply, and Italy as the third with arms supply worth $471 million.

Notably, Russia and China have been competing to take over the weapon market worldwide. China has been granting certain favors along the arms deals to become a permanent supplier. For instance, in case of its deal with Thailand in 2017, China reportedly sold three submarines among and gave one of these as a ‘free gift’

$9 billion i dont think we can over this kind of money. And is ToT involve ?

$9 billion i dont think we can over this kind of money. And is ToT involve ?

good thing our purchasing ability does not depend on what you "think".

View attachment 555074 According to a Russian news agency, Pakistan has shown interest in purchasing Russian military hardware. The deal is expected to amount $9 billion under which Islamabad would purchase heavy and medium fighter jets, medium and short-range air defense systems, tanks, combat helicopters, and warships.

The agency has cited Konstantin Makienko, the deputy director of the Moscow-based defense think tank Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies. Makeinko revealed that two types of Russian military hardware can make Pakistan’s shopping list, i.e., the new Russian fighter jet MiG-35 and the heavy transport helicopter Mi-26T2.

However, the news has not been confirmed by Pakistan neither has there been any related story on the country’s media. Makienko observed that given the Chinese-dominated, low-competitive military market in Pakistan, Russia can get favorable terms on the purchase agreements.

He also said that Pakistan has not extended any request of technology transfer for localization of production as terms for the purchase contract.

From 2008 to 2018, Pakistan has received weapons worth over $6.4 billion from China. It makes China the South Asian country’s biggest military equipment supplier, while the US comes second with $2.5 billion in weapons supply, and Italy as the third with arms supply worth $471 million.

Notably, Russia and China have been competing to take over the weapon market worldwide. China has been granting certain favors along the arms deals to become a permanent supplier. For instance, in case of its deal with Thailand in 2017, China reportedly sold three submarines among and gave one of these as a ‘free gift’

Where is your source and link? You have been on the forum for long enough to know the rules?

good thing our purchasing ability does not depend on what you "think".

Where is your source and link? You have been on the forum for long enough to know the rules?

I didnt realise my comment will make someone angry. Or maybe your angry meter settings are set to very sensitive.

View attachment 555074 According to a Russian news agency, Pakistan has shown interest in purchasing Russian military hardware. The deal is expected to amount $9 billion under which Islamabad would purchase heavy and medium fighter jets, medium and short-range air defense systems, tanks, combat helicopters, and warships.

Unless there is nothing official to confirm the above then it is all speculative and probably not accurate. Also, with the progress we are making in developing our own arms industry with Chinese assistance, we will probably continue our focus there. We will spend our billions on advanced Chinese weapons with the possibilities of TOT. Russian and American weapons are TOO RISKY and political for us.

Russian military tech has the reputation of being the most feared technology on the planet

Rumors and more rumors. These are half-baked news. Pakistan will NOT go for any major defense items from Russia. It will most probably concentrate on Army transport helicopters and aircraft, Missile defense systems, Tanks, etc. I highly doubt Pakistan will ever go for SU-35s.

Last edited:
I didnt realise my comment will make someone angry. Or maybe your angry meter settings are set to very sensitive.

What makes you think you made @War Thunder angry? He just pointed something out.

Gotta love how so many of us equate any kind of disagreeing statement as "anger." It's not personal!

Back
Top Bottom