What's new

Russia and India likely to ink trade, military deals

rsingh

BANNED
Reaction score
Russia and India likely to ink trade, military deals

NEW DELHI — Russia said Monday it hoped to sign a slew of agreements with India, including military and trade deals, during a trip next month by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev to New Delhi.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov flew to the Indian capital to prepare the ground for Medvedev's December 21-22 summit with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

"Our discussions concentrated on the visit of the Russian president and our intention is to sign many documents on trade, economy, outer space and military issues," he said after talks with his Indian counterpart S.M. Krishna.

Lavrov's announcement came a month after India said it had agreed to buy up to 300 Fifth Generation Fighter Jets (FGFA) from Russia that it will help jointly develop and manufacture.

Experts say each 30-ton FGFA is worth up to 100 million dollars.

The interesting bit

India is also in the process of acquiring 270 Russian Sukhoi jets worth 12 billion dollars and is poised to hand out a contract for 126 fighter planes as part of a separate 12-billion dollar deal for which six global aeronautical giants are in the race.

Su 35Bomber perhaps or just it refering to Su 30 Mki India has.

Why is it always with these Military deals. Can we invest in something that can benefit the general population, instead of war mongers?

Why is it always with these Military deals. Can we invest in something that can benefit the general population, instead of war mongers?
The answer is in ur falge which has a sign of british colonialism...we dont wanna be a colony once again...this weapons are for integrity of India not for war....

Here's an idea, invest that 12Bil into cultivation, socio economics, farmers etc etc, so that the country that my ancestors hailed from can stop starving to death.

We would love to do that but our loving neigbhours would not let us do that. 26\11 and Kargil are excellent example of that.

The answer is in ur falge which has a sign of british colonialism...we dont wanna be a colony once again...this weapons are for integrity of India not for war....

Right right, integrity. How often to you engage in wars? I know you're surrounded by China and Pakistan, who I bet is not even concerned with India at this stage, and is busy looking after more problematic concerns. The GoI can surprise teh hell out of me by converting those fighters into boats for the fishermen, or something of that sort.

^^^^^
No point in hiding behind those flag. I can very well guess from where you are.

Right right, integrity. How often to you engage in wars? I know you're surrounded by China and Pakistan, who I bet is not even concerned with India at this stage, and is busy looking after more problematic concerns. The GoI can surprise teh hell out of me by converting those fighters into boats for the fishermen, or something of that sort.
u have wrote 15 post & i have read 10 of it :blah::blah::blah::blah: & Its enough for me to understand which country u belong to:hitwall: ...So dont expect a argument from my side with u...:wave:

The answer is in ur flag which has a sign of british colonialism...we dont wanna be a colony once again...this weapons are for integrity of India not for war....

Ouch ! that must have hurt ---- Dont talk like that he might complain to "Her Majesty" :lol:

Another bhula bhatka ghar ko aaye! !
@fullmetal jacket ,you are most welcum to join the ranks of activitst mate and you seems to be peace loving guy but your profile avtaar says different thing that you are war monger hiding behind false flag lol!!

Those 270 planes are Su-30 MKI..

india and russia may ink deals with uranium mining , new reactors in kudumkulam.. oil exploration too

Back
Top Bottom