What's new

Russia also have intercontinental missiles???

khattakfaisal

New Recruit

Reaction score
Russia has stopped the production of its new sea-to-surface intercontinental missile “Bulava” due to its repeated failures.

Bulava which was thought to be the future pride for Russian strong Navy failed more then half of its eleven tests.
Some strict actions have been taken in this regard. Missile’s chief constructor have been replaced and the the manufacturing factory has been changed.

Bulava is a sea-to-surface intercontinental missile with a maximum range of 8,000 kilometers (5,000 miles). It is the sea-based version of the Topol-M, another new intercontinental missile for surface-to-surface attacks.

Russia is spends a huge budget on development of this giant missile, but its repeated failures can put a heavy blow to the morale of Russian Forces.
Source: Russian bulava missile fail ? India-Pak Defence Forum

Buddy i think you are about 50 years late. Russians were the original pioneers of ballistic missile technology (remember the Germans never got beyond the V2). Infact, they were the ones who fielded world's first operational ICBM with a nuclear warhead (the mighty R-7).

Secondly, Bulava has not been abandoned. As the Russian naval chief has recently said, the Borei class submarines are specifically designed for the Bulava and designing a new missile would mean designing a new submarine. According to reports, Russians have ended the contract of production of Bulava with Moscow Institute of Thermal Technology and are looking for a new manufacturer.

Last edited:
Buddy i think you are about 50 years late. Russians were the original pioneers of ballistic missile technology (remember the Germans never got beyond the V2).

Secondly, Bulava has not been abandoned. As the Russian naval chief has recently said, the Borei class submarines are specifically designed for the Bulava and designing a new missile would mean designing a new submarine. According to reports, Russians have ended the contract of production of Bulava with Moscow Institute of Thermal Technology and are looking for a new manufacturer.

lol yea i read the title of this thread and i was like, what!? Russians made the first operational ICBM.

7a064703579144bd06757c39585cc582.jpg

Back
Top Bottom