What's new

Rumors: Finally AH-1Z are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to these twitter handles there are 2 zulus in PK. Kapt Maverik is supposed to be the real deal and has broken the news. Chatter here a few days ago (along with news of Hercs) seems to be correct.

the uniform of those pilots dont look Pakistani and the photographer is american plus Pakistan is still not visible on this chopper.
We still need to wait. :partay::sick:

Multiple sources on social media and forums point to that. Infact, it was known IL-78 was transporting them. I think the first news broke just before 10pm last night of it landing in Pakistan.

But why the secrecy?

FB_IMG_1592098941865.jpg
FB_IMG_1592098936262.jpg

Pakistan Strategic Forum

@ForumStrategic

·
2h

"Total order is of 15 AH-1Z Helicopters, 12 brand new & 3 used. Remaining 13 will be delivered in coming weeks. As per sources 10-15 additional AH-1Zs will be ordered soon by PAA". "Gear up for ATAK T-129 Attack Helicopter".

US-#Pakistan signed a $952 mil deal for 12 AH-1Z Viper gunships in 2015 to start replacing 1960s era Cobras. US being the US, withheld the delivery With the Afghanistan peace around the corner, there are rumors that US might not only deliver them but that two have already landed

Pakistan badly need those AH-1Z and T-129 for its defense .I hope thus tine all rumours comes to true.

Last edited:
I wonder if US eliminating drone export restrictions a few days ago is related to this. I think they changed some MTCR law which reduces export restrictions not just for drones but also for other things like helicopters because US wants to stop Turkish and Chinese defense industry from growing. So US first blocked T129 and then unblocked AH-1Z under this MTCR law change. I would not be surprised if this MTCR change in export restrictions means US will now want to sell drones to Pakistan as well to compete against China and Turkey which also want to sell drones to Pakistan. I think this is good news for Pakistan as now it will be easier to buy drones and other things from US with reduced export restrictions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rms-pact-to-sell-more-us-drones-idUSKBN23J1HS

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...efense-industry-but-doing-so-has-consequences

Original dsca

Helo Deal. WASHINGTON — The US State Department has cleared a $952 million sale to Pakistanthat includes 15 AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters and 1,000 Hellfire II missiles, according to a Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announcement.

Dsca defines max or high level estimates details are clear d lasted

paa ordered just 12 and support package unknown so total should be less than 952

Currently 3 sqn cobras so one will convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom