What's new

Rumors: Finally AH-1Z are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there isn’t any shooting range in multan anymore
m i right?

yes you are right no more rifle range.

I think it was operational till the 80’s---I would find bullet " the nose " on my roof top at times---.

but then I would go outside wild boar hunting at night time in that area

Last edited:
27 FEBRUARY 2020 00:00 GMT+0

Pakistan to buy Chinese attack helicopters if Turkey and US fail to deliver
by Gareth Jennings

Pakistan will procure the Chinese-built Z-10 attack helicopter if Turkey and the United States fail to deliver on their orders of the T-129 and AH-1Z respectively, a senior offer said on 26 February.

fg_2717014-jdw-1207.jpg

The Chinese-built Z-10 attack helicopter could be procured by Pakistan should its first two preferences of the AH-1Z and T-129 not be delivered. (Via CCTV)

Speaking at the IQPC International Military Helicopter conference in London, the commander of Pakistan’s Army Aviation, Major General Syed Najeeb Ahmed, said that the Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) Z-10ME “remains an option” if the Turkish Aerospace T-129 and Bell AH-1Z Viper prove to be unobtainable for different reasons.

The Pakistan Army has a pressing need to replace its 32 ageing Bell AH-1 Cobra helicopters that have been in service for more than 30 years, with Gen Ahmed’s predecessor, Major General Nasir D Shah, telling Jane’s and other defence media in January 2018, “The AH-1 helicopters have provided effective close support for our ground forces engaged in counterinsurgency [COIN] operations, but they cannot be employed effectively in high-altitude operations above 8,000 ft.”

In the near-term, the army partially offset these limitations with the four Mil Mi-35s that it ordered from Russian some years ago, and which were delivered to the country in late 2017. Further to the Mi-35s, it evaluated the AH-1Z, T-129, and the Z-10 attack helicopters.

In January 2016 it was announced that Bell had been awarded a contract for 12 AH-1Zs, and in April 2017 Jane’s

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...-helicopters-if-turkey-and-us-fail-to-deliver

27 FEBRUARY 2020 00:00 GMT+0

Pakistan to buy Chinese attack helicopters if Turkey and US fail to deliver
by Gareth Jennings

Pakistan will procure the Chinese-built Z-10 attack helicopter if Turkey and the United States fail to deliver on their orders of the T-129 and AH-1Z respectively, a senior offer said on 26 February.

fg_2717014-jdw-1207.jpg

The Chinese-built Z-10 attack helicopter could be procured by Pakistan should its first two preferences of the AH-1Z and T-129 not be delivered. (Via CCTV)

Speaking at the IQPC International Military Helicopter conference in London, the commander of Pakistan’s Army Aviation, Major General Syed Najeeb Ahmed, said that the Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) Z-10ME “remains an option” if the Turkish Aerospace T-129 and Bell AH-1Z Viper prove to be unobtainable for different reasons.

The Pakistan Army has a pressing need to replace its 32 ageing Bell AH-1 Cobra helicopters that have been in service for more than 30 years, with Gen Ahmed’s predecessor, Major General Nasir D Shah, telling Jane’s and other defence media in January 2018, “The AH-1 helicopters have provided effective close support for our ground forces engaged in counterinsurgency [COIN] operations, but they cannot be employed effectively in high-altitude operations above 8,000 ft.”

In the near-term, the army partially offset these limitations with the four Mil Mi-35s that it ordered from Russian some years ago, and which were delivered to the country in late 2017. Further to the Mi-35s, it evaluated the AH-1Z, T-129, and the Z-10 attack helicopters.

In January 2016 it was announced that Bell had been awarded a contract for 12 AH-1Zs, and in April 2017 Jane’s

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...-helicopters-if-turkey-and-us-fail-to-deliver
Stop posting old news...

Who is he/she can you provide a video for reference?
View attachment 642322

This is not true. So please close this thread.

Please mods, make sure Defence.pk does not become Evening Special tabloid. People come here and spread rumors. This is seriously damaging this forum's reputation.

I don’t know if choppers are there or not but there are many other threads I don’t even bother clicking because I don’t agree with what they are discussing.

why close this?

If you don’t like what is being discussed then just ignore it and move on.

I think it was operational till the 80’s---I would find bullet " the nose " on my roof top at times---.

the area u referring to is very close to chenab river.
m sure u had fun memories of ur childhood
my grandfather use to tell us stories about how he use to go fishing there

btw now the nearest shooting range in the area is in bahawalpur dha
i heard they r making good one there

How will the arrival of a small number of AH-1Zs scare India? Especially when these birds will be used primarily for COIN ops?
So why cry than? Should i start posting the number of times India went to Papa Sam to protest?

I am very confused about this rumour. When I see the replies of respected journalists and most reliable sources I feel like all of this fuss is untrue. But when I see the replies from @Blacklight and @Tps43 I feel assured that cobras are coming.
I donno when I will come out of this dilemma.
as long as my people are confused
i m fine with it

I don't post according to your wishes.

Its a 2020 article.
An article discussed to death and got its own threads if you follow this forum....
So even if you want to post, atleast post in relevant thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom