Rubbish cleaning delays PIA’s Manchester flight

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

https://www.dawn.com/news/1660083/rubbi ... ter-flight

RAWALPINDI: A chartered flight of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) from Manchester to Islamabad was delayed for four hours due to deep cleaning as the entire fuselage was littered with rubbish.

A PIA official said it was not for the first time as often the departure of flights was delayed due to the deep cleaning of the planes that has to be done before take-off.

He said that whenever a plane was littered with rubbish, especially if toilets were choked, it was handed over to engineers who thoroughly check all pipes and then give clearance.

The latest episode came to light when pictures of PK-9785 flight went viral on social media. The new plane, which was obtained by the PIA on lease from Jordanian aviation, was littered with rubbish when it landed at Manchester airport on Wednesday.

It took four hours of deep cleaning as plastic cups, water bottles, tissue papers, ripped chocolate wrappers, biscuits, and food waste were strewn on the floor after the passengers disembarked the plane. Pictures also showed toilet tissue papers strewn in the lavatory.

Seats were looking dirty with food waste and what not which was left behind by the passengers who travelled from Islamabad to Manchester. Again the plane was littered with rubbish on return to Islamabad.

“Passengers usually remain careful and behave well when they are onboard the flights operated by foreign airlines, but unfortunately, they don’t do so while onboard a PIA flight,” a spokesman for the national airline said.

He said that often there were delays in the departure of flights due to deep cleaning of the plane which caused financial loss to the airline as well as inconvenience to the passengers.

A PIA captain, who wished not to be named, said that once a PIA flight was delayed for eight hours due to the dirty condition of the plane and choked toilets. The plane was finally handed over to engineers and other relevant staff to get its drain pipes clean. He said that an alternative plane was arranged for the passengers, while the engineers opened the joints of the pipes of that plane to clean them.

A ground staffer of the airline said that such dirty conditions in the UK-Islamabad flight was not unusual; it often happened. “As they boarded the UK flight, many passengers rushed to the kitchen carrying baby feeders for milk. Some scratch warning signs, damage seats, headphones and some pull seat belts.”

Published in Dawn, November 25th, 2021

RAWALPINDI: A chartered flight of the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) from Manchester to Islamabad was delayed for four hours due to deep cleaning as the entire fuselage was littered with rubbish.

A PIA official said it was not for the first time as often the departure of flights was delayed due to the deep cleaning of the planes that has to be done before take-off.

He said that whenever a plane was littered with rubbish, especially if toilets were choked, it was handed over to engineers who thoroughly check all pipes and then give clearance.

The latest episode came to light when pictures of PK-9785 flight went viral on social media. The new plane, which was obtained by the PIA on lease from Jordanian aviation, was littered with rubbish when it landed at Manchester airport on Wednesday.

It took four hours of deep cleaning as plastic cups, water bottles, tissue papers, ripped chocolate wrappers, biscuits, and food waste were strewn on the floor after the passengers disembarked the plane. Pictures also showed toilet tissue papers strewn in the lavatory.

Seats were looking dirty with food waste and what not which was left behind by the passengers who travelled from Islamabad to Manchester. Again the plane was littered with rubbish on return to Islamabad.

“Passengers usually remain careful and behave well when they are onboard the flights operated by foreign airlines, but unfortunately, they don’t do so while onboard a PIA flight,” a spokesman for the national airline said.

He said that often there were delays in the departure of flights due to deep cleaning of the plane which caused financial loss to the airline as well as inconvenience to the passengers.

A PIA captain, who wished not to be named, said that once a PIA flight was delayed for eight hours due to the dirty condition of the plane and choked toilets. The plane was finally handed over to engineers and other relevant staff to get its drain pipes clean. He said that an alternative plane was arranged for the passengers, while the engineers opened the joints of the pipes of that plane to clean them.

A ground staffer of the airline said that such dirty conditions in the UK-Islamabad flight was not unusual; it often happened. “As they boarded the UK flight, many passengers rushed to the kitchen carrying baby feeders for milk. Some scratch warning signs, damage seats, headphones and some pull seat belts.”

Great to see that PIA cares about quality of service and not the bottom line.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

It's an 8 hour flight, 2 meals were served, a lot of the rubbish on the floor looks like containers the in flight meal was served in.

Did staff not come round after each meal to collect leftovers, packaging and trays? Also could it be that the toilet was not flushing?

Although a lot of Pakistani people are utter pigs. I mean these people literally sat in thier own filth.

PIA would have all the passenger list and details, either name and shame them or send the cleaning bill to these filthy animals.
Ban them from flying at any other airline except PIA. Phir aqal aye gi inko. Imagine them doing this on British Airways.
We as a nation are ill disciplined and lack civic sense, unfortunately it's only getting worse with time..
Even our language is deteriorating thanks to Indian language tv shows and cartoons. My visit in 2019 I noticed so many kids using Hindi words as if they are Chota Bheem or something. Utterly outrageous.

we all know who flies to and from Islamabad, its a shame. the same community in UK would make sure (although I seriously doubt) that they follow the local SOPs, but the moment they use PIA their inner filth comes out. shameless and illiterate people, even after spending over 6 decades did not learn a single civic sense.

Even our language is deteriorating thanks to Indian language tv shows and cartoons. My visit in 2019 I noticed so many kids using Hindi words as if they are Chota Bheem or something. Utterly outrageous.

Aren't hindi and urdu same language with different script? Though I don't understand either one of them but in UAE I saw most Indians and Pakistan talk to each other in those languages without an issue, so both i thought are same.

Aren't hindi and urdu same language with different script? Though I don't understand either one of them but in UAE I saw most Indians and Pakistan talk to each other in those languages without an issue, so both i thought are same.
No they're not. Fukc off. Baghal mein churi mun mein ram ram 😆

These filthy morons go to west, try to copy them, copy their dress and their culture but stupid scumbags will not copy their work ethics or cleanliness or humbleness. We are stillthe same low level ghulam qom.

Is a plane or bus?....:whistle:

you expect respect from UK community after cursing them out as ethnic group do you think they dont know this, this is why you see mess on the floor it a way of saying up yours you mother fcukers for ripping me off from day one.

when on PIA they turn into bandares, cant blame them when staff from pakistan sides are like bandares too pesay pesay barey note passport mai ander bao. But the mess is disgusting and shameful.

Pakistanis will be pakistanis. survival of most corrupt.
i personally avoid pia and fly qatar airlines i love it great service and respect.

Although a lot of Pakistani people are utter pigs. I mean these people literally sat in thier own filth.
People traveling to the UK on PIA are mostly British Pakistanis.
You don't have to be a Pakistani to be a pig.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom