What's new

Rubber components manufacturing plant inaugurated at Bangabandhu Aeronautical Center (BAC).

Good news.

However Rubber components like bushings are made in Pakistan roadside shops.
And, tens of rubber factories in or near Dhaka produce rubber components.

But, here some people are shouting that Hasina Bibi has turned BD into another Japan because her factory produces rubber products. Bloody stupid BAL cronies.

The BAL cronies probably expect a Nobel Prize for Hasina Bibi, something like Nobel Rubber Award.

There are tens of rubber factories in BD. See below. Hasina Bibi should have sent delegations to them and asked them to produce all those small nameless components instead of wasting money on imported machines.

It must be of the sewing type and manufactured with no involvement from "Dhakaiyas".

Don't get riled up buddy - no need to cast aspersions on British Sylhetis because of one persons comments.

Btw I understand when he talks about dhakaiyas he's referring to the city elites - who could be from any district (even Sylhet)

Don't get riled up buddy - no need to cast aspersions on British Sylhetis because of one persons comments.

Btw I understand when he talks about dhakaiyas he's referring to the city elites - who could be from any district (even Sylhet)

Trying to feel good by looking down on others, even the urban elite, is just poultice on one's own (ahem) "short"-comings.

Here is a video where they make an excavator bucket from recycled steel plate sourced from a ship breaking yard in Gadani, Karachi.

So - one might wonder, why doesn't the same thing happen in Bangladesh? Why don't we have the same inventive mentality to,

a) provide value-addition jobs like this to our people? and,

b) save money by making excavator buckets locally instead of importing them from India?

After all - we recycle three times as much steel from Chittagong ship-breaking yards. Why can't we add value to make things like Pakistanis do ??

We have needs for ten times as many excavators+buckets as Pakistan does, especially right now.

The reason is simple - this Awami idiot govt. (and the RAW sponsored AL ministers) will make any excuse to reduce tariff on Indian imports to zero and of course Indian goods will always be cheaper than those made in Bangladesh - because of economies of scale, even though our labor cost is way lower than India.

The result is - Kala Kumar in India gets to eat with this welding skills (together with making money in his weekend minaret-climbing spare-time side gig) while Safiul in Bangladesh starves because his welding skills don't get used anywhere. No job, no money, no rice, no house, no education for the kids.

These Awami idiots are the architects of Bangladesh' poverty - we gave them permission to drag Bangladesh economy down which they compensate using "smoke and mirrors" (Dhu-asha) propaganda, showing us fake spectacles of "unnoyon" and fake dhoka stories of $5 Billion of exports every month.

The cohorts of Awami looters are right here in this PDF section raising strong voices to preserve that looting status quo, and the fifth columnists and Indian Sanghis are also jumping and hooping like jackals to support them, because Sanghis are the biggest beneficiaries of the looting proceeds coming from Bangladesh.

Mark them well - these are your enemies now and enemies of your future.

Last edited:
I may suggest a sub-forum of "Bangladesh Development Projects" for these type of threads.

And good luck with all these projects.

I may suggest a sub-forum of "Bangladesh Development Projects" for these type of threads.

Thanks brother.

That is up to the mods, @waz and @The Eagle bhais may kindly consider a sticky thread maybe.

Will reduce the number of posts definitely.

There is no shortage of development projects in Bangladesh, almost like Pakistan some years ago. Bangladesh is in that stage infra wise.

There is no shortage of development projects in Bangladesh, almost like Pakistan some years ago. Bangladesh is in that stage infra wise.

Pakistan seems to be a lost cause now. May be Bangladesh, Indonesia and Turkey can go on with their development.

You guys proved to be smarter to go on your separate way :toast_sign:

Pakistan seems to be a lost cause now. May be Bangladesh, Indonesia and Turkey can go on with their development.

You guys proved to be smarter to go on your separate way :toast_sign:

Don't loose hope, all is not lost for Pakistan.

A dynamic and resourceful group of people like this cannot be discounted so easily.

This just shows a fundamental lack of knowledge of Bangladeshi culture. The term "Dhakaiya" is reserved for people who are native to Dhaka district (i.e., যাদের দেশের বাড়ি ঢাকা জেলা). These people also speak a distinct Dhakaiya dialect which stands out just like the Sylheti dialect.
Here is a sample of what Dhakaiyas sound like:

Most inhabitants of Dhaka city, including vast majority of societal elites, are non-Dhakaiyas whose families migrated to Dhaka from other parts of Bangladesh. Calling Bangladeshi elites "Dhakaiyas" and claiming they speak "shuddho bhasha" is therefore comical to say the least.

Last edited:
This just shows a fundamental lack of knowledge of Bangladeshi culture. The term "Dhakaiya" is reserved for people who are native to Dhaka district (i.e., যাদের দেশের বাড়ি ঢাকা জেলা). These people also speak a distinct Dhakaiya dialect which stands out just like the Sylheti dialect.
Here is a sample of what Dhakaiyas sound like:

Most inhabitants of Dhaka city, including vast majority of societal elites, are non-Dhakaiyas whose families migrated to Dhaka from other parts of Bangladesh. Calling Bangladeshi elites "Dhakaiyas" and claiming they speak "shuddho bhasha" is therefore comical to say the least.

I think you are taking the term too personally.

Sylhetis have always used the term dhakaiya - that's our Bangladeshi culture.

Like you said the majority of Dhaka's population are outsiders. So the word dhakaiya is not a personal or ethnic slur - it's about people in the seat of power and education that Dhaka represents. 'Shuddho basha' is another clue about this (i.e. elitism)

In the UK, they have similar stereotypes for London and Londoners. Every province has the right to question the centre and it's minions right?

Trying to feel good by looking down on others, even the urban elite, is just poultice on one's own (ahem) "short"-comings.

Lol, thought you were ignoring me @bilal?!

Anyway, like I said before, please don't get personal on here, it's low. If everyone starts getting personal, this section will become trash.

Last edited:
Here is a video where they make an excavator bucket from recycled steel plate sourced from a ship breaking yard in Gadani, Karachi.

So - one might wonder, why doesn't the same thing happen in Bangladesh? Why don't we have the same inventive mentality to,

a) provide value-addition jobs like this to our people? and,

b) save money by making excavator buckets locally instead of importing them from India?

After all - we recycle three times as much steel from Chittagong ship-breaking yards. Why can't we add value to make things like Pakistanis do ??

We have needs for ten times as many excavators+buckets as Pakistan does, especially right now.

The reason is simple - this Awami idiot govt. (and the RAW sponsored AL ministers) will make any excuse to reduce tariff on Indian imports to zero and of course Indian goods will always be cheaper than those made in Bangladesh - because of economies of scale, even though our labor cost is way lower than India.

The result is - Kala Kumar in India gets to eat with this welding skills (together with making money in his weekend minaret-climbing spare-time side gig) while Safiul in Bangladesh starves because his welding skills don't get used anywhere. No job, no money, no rice, no house, no education for the kids.

These Awami idiots are the architects of Bangladesh' poverty - we gave them permission to drag Bangladesh economy down which they compensate using "smoke and mirrors" (Dhu-asha) propaganda, showing us fake spectacles of "unnoyon" and fake dhoka stories of $5 Billion of exports every month.

The cohorts of Awami looters are right here in this PDF section raising strong voices to preserve that looting status quo, and the fifth columnists and Indian Sanghis are also jumping and hooping like jackals to support them, because Sanghis are the biggest beneficiaries of the looting proceeds coming from Bangladesh.

Mark them well - these are your enemies now and enemies of your future.
Bangladesh is led by Chapabaz BAL and Hasina whose only duty is to ridicule Pakistani achievements. When their own people try to do something our BAL govt asks for foreign loans for every tiny thing.

The result is, BD has not industrialized while Pakistan is getting industrialized from the grassroots level. All your pictures attest to this truth. However, our tiny-minded BAL cronies cannot accept the truth.

This thread is actually related to defence equipment production. But it is true a lot of other purely economic threads are being opened up here all the time.

The result is, BD has not industrialized while Pakistan is getting industrialized from the grassroots level. All your pictures attest to this truth. However, our tiny-minded BAL cronies cannot accept the truth.

Haaaiin.,what are you smoking Bro?

Its true that united Pakistan was rapidly Industrializing in 1960's. I don't know about BD but West Pakistan is just lagging behind everyone since then.

In 1983, per capital income of Pakistan was higher than China but those days have long passed. Currently foreign reserves of Bangladesh are around $50 billion vs Pakistan at $8 billion.

You guys must be making less financial mistakes as compared to us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom