What's new

RTX 2080 Ti and 2080

I got this ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC,
What do you want to know?

efbdb2de-ec42-4cce-9374-a10412ff0a89.jpg

I got this ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Dual OC,
What do you want to know?

efbdb2de-ec42-4cce-9374-a10412ff0a89.jpg

Well I guess there does need to be early adopter for the RTX technology, but for myself it's way to much to spend on one GPU. Over 1200 dollars for a single graphics card is just insane, given the Nvidia doesn't have any real competition so they can charge whatever amount they want really.

I got a 1080ti sli rig myself but the second card I got was free so I only spent around 700 dollars for one of the 1080tis, performance is still really good but it's now more or less not that spectacular compared to the 2080ti.

In certain use cases the 1080ti sli set-up can help but for the most part games either benefit, a little, a lot or not at all.

RTX is still unproven tech when it comes to practicality since there is such a price premium to get into it and how the seemingly general disinterest in RTX from most gamers I've talked to. Personally, the gpu power we had thus far was perfect for the graphics games are currently employing, it will be nice to see RTX tech become widespread but again it must be widely implemented and worth the price premium which it just isn't currently. I my own opinon (not to offend you) I think those who buy the RTX 2080ti have the money and want to have either bragging rights or the raw performance and that exclusivity of having a 2080ti but the card won't be widespread or popular (unlike the 1080ti) due to its high price tag.

Now if the 2080ti was around $1000 or a little less, then the card would be a much more feasible upgrade/buy from a price/performance stand-point.

Anybody buy one of these yet?

A lot of people bought them around the world for various reasons. We just have to wait and see how it pans out really. In my honest opinion the RTX launch has been a rocky road so far. Nvidia is just charging too much for comparatively too little compared to past generations.

Reason I ask is that I bought my pre-made rig from CyberPower PC around 12/17.

Core i5 8400
16GB DDR4 3000
GTX 1060 6GB
SSD
Optane enhanced 2TB mechanical drive

I use it to play sims such as DCS.

I was contemplating getting either the GTX 1070Ti or 1080 or 1080Ti to replace what I have now.

I originally wanted to get the 2080Ti or 2080 or 2070 but it seems as if there isnt a significant improvment over the 10 series with the exception of the real time ray tracing DLSS etc. which we cant even take advantage of at this time.

Turing is too expensive and the 2060 down probably wont even have ray tracing capability.

Long story short, I'm contemplating getting a 1080Ti and hope that by the time the successor to Turing is out, ray tracing will be supported by alot more software.

Well I guess there does need to be early adopter for the RTX technology, but for myself it's way to much to spend on one GPU. Over 1200 dollars for a single graphics card is just insane, given the Nvidia doesn't have any real competition so they can charge whatever amount they want really.

I got a 1080ti sli rig myself but the second card I got was free so I only spent around 700 dollars for one of the 1080tis, performance is still really good but it's now more or less not that spectacular compared to the 2080ti.

In certain use cases the 1080ti sli set-up can help but for the most part games either benefit, a little, a lot or not at all.

RTX is still unproven tech when it comes to practicality since there is such a price premium to get into it and how the seemingly general disinterest in RTX from most gamers I've talked to. Personally, the gpu power we had thus far was perfect for the graphics games are currently employing, it will be nice to see RTX tech become widespread but again it must be widely implemented and worth the price premium which it just isn't currently. I my own opinon (not to offend you) I think those who buy the RTX 2080ti have the money and what to have either bragging or the raw performance and that exclusivity but the card won't be widespread or popular (unlike the 1080ti) due to its high price tag.

Now if the 2080ti was around $1000 or a little less, then the card would be a much more feasible upgrade/buy from a price/performance stand-point.
Exactly, my reasons to upgrade are very different..it is not just personal use rather professional use as well so even if I don't like a part/product, I still end up buying it ...for example a lot of apple products e.g. iPhone Xs Max, it is not feasible for to upgrade from iPhone X but I had to because of development and testing etc even though we could rely on the simulator but before shipping, I want to test on the real device all the sensors etc..

If someone has 1080 Ti, I don't see a reason to upgrade to RTX 2080 especially that early. First because of the price point... it is not a great value..you pay a lot more for little improvement in the frame-rates. Also RTX is a very different technology than GTX as they changed the metrics to measure the performance..now it is ray-tracing which was absent in the previous gen card i.e. GTX so definitely RTX will show great improvement in that field over its older siblings but in RAW FPS, the improvement is 30-40% and most of titles do not support ray tracing right now so it will take a few months before most of the games get this feature..

Core i5 8400
16GB DDR4 3000
GTX 1060 6GB
SSD

I was contemplating getting either the GTX 1070Ti or 1080 or 1080Ti to replace what I have now.

I originally wanted to get the 2080Ti or 2080 or 2070 but it seems as if there isnt a significant improvment over the 10 series with the exception of the real time ray tracing DLSS etc. which we cant even take advantage of at this time.

Turing is too expensive and the 2060 down probably wont even have ray tracing capability.

Long story short, I'm contemplating getting a 1080Ti and hope that by the time the successor to Turing is out, ray tracing will be supported by alot more software.
I think 1080 ti is a much better option for you...I have a single 1080 ti in my custom HTPC and it handles pretty anything I throw at it and comfortably push pixels on my 4K TV...

Last edited:

Core i5 8400
16GB DDR4 3000
GTX 1060 6GB
SSD

My own PC specs as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 2700x clocked in at over 4.3 in most cases (XFR2.0 is enabled)
CPU Cooler: H115i pro RGB AIO
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV hero x370
GPU: 1080ti MSI gaming X OC'ed in SLI
Storage:960 evo 1tb, 4tb mechanical hardrive 7200rpm
Monitor: 24 inch, 144hz 2k display with G-sync

The question to ask is how much of a performance gain do you want vs. the price you're most comfortable to pay. A 1080ti is a powerful graphics card (depending on if you get an AIB board partner card or the FE card) and will absolutely wipe a 1060 6gb out of the water in everything.

What is your budget?

My own PC specs as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 2700x clocked in at over 4.3 in most cases (XFR2.0 is enabled)
CPU Cooler: H115i pro RGB AIO
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV hero x370
GPU: 1080ti MSI gaming X OC'ed in SLI
Storage:960 evo 1tb, 4tb mechanical hardrive 7200rpm
Monitor: 24 inch, 144hz 2k display with G-sync

The question to ask is how much of a performance gain do you want vs. the price you're most comfortable to pay. A 1080ti is a powerful graphics card (depending on if you get an AIB board partner card or the FE card) and will absolutely wipe a 1060 6gb out of the water in everything.

What is your budget?

Thats quite a rig!!

1080Ti is gonna be like $650 and above

1080 is $480 and above

1070Ti is about $420 and above

as per Newegg prices.

The 1080Ti is markedly above the other 2 in performance.

A 1070Ti supposedly will be just about equivalent to the 1080 with some OC.

For me DCS is the main reason I wanna upgrade so I can play smooth with highest settings.

1070 and above should theoretically allow this.

The 1060 6GB is a good card for the value but its performance is way less then the other 3.

I was holding out for the Turing cards but they are just too expensive to justify purchasing at this time.

I might just end up getting the 1070Ti.

But I've never really bought a top of line graphics card before (I hate paying premium for something that will be obscelescent in a year or 2)

But I never splurge on myself and am in the mood to do so, so I am entertaining the 1080Ti.

First world problems man.

Last edited:

Core i5 8400
16GB DDR4 3000
GTX 1060 6GB
SSD

Buy a used 1080ti. /thread

Anybody buy one of these yet?
Too expensive, RTX is not a industry standard yet, however the conventional performance is amazing. i got full HD resolution so i am happy with my 1060 for another year i guess.

Last edited:
Thats quite a rig!!

1080Ti is gonna be like $650 and above

1080 is $480 and above

1070Ti is about $420 and above

as per Newegg prices.

The 1080Ti is markedly above the other 2 in performance.

A 1070Ti supposedly will be just about equivalent to the 1080 with some OC.

For me DCS is the main reason I wanna upgrade so I can play smooth with highest settings.

1070 and above should theoretically allow this.

The 1060 6GB is a good card for the value but its performance is way less then the other 3.

I was holding out for the Turing cards but they are just too expensive to justify purchasing at this time.

I might just end up getting the 1070Ti.

But I've never really bought a top of line graphics card before (I hate paying premium for something that will be obscelescent in a year or 2)

But I never splurge on myself and am in the mood to do so, so I am entertaining the 1080Ti.

First world problems man.
A Single gtx 1080 ti is better than 2 x 1080 SLI in price/performance

I have a 1080ti and will not be upgrading to these 1st gen ray tracing cards. FPS takes a hit with ray tracing on when 4k gaming which is unacceptable. Can get more FPS with it turned off.

Why would i pay for £1200 for a 2080ti to give me a few more frames. I can comfortably game at 4k at the moment.

Perhaps in 18 months will upgrade when 2nd gen releases.

I was thinking to buy gtx 2080 for mining.. but i ended up buying Asic miner... Sorry not a pc gamer... Lol... Play games very infrequently on laptop, only mobile phones these days

Unless you plan to 4k gaming with super quality, not worth it

1080 Ti is still good , unless this brings something way more it wouldn't worth buying .

Back
Top Bottom