What's new

Royal Enfield...A full circle indeed!

Whats the price for suzuki 150 ?

KTM is more of a sports bike in looks.
KTM-Duke-RC-200-India.jpg

Wow, that's a pretty awesome looking bike. The Suzuki GS 150 costs about PKR 130,000, so close to about 65k Indian.

I am such a guy..... now are you giving me the "MFN Status" ??? :D
check it out
couple of Indian dudes, are using the classic 350/500 frame and refitting it with a hand built vtwins - 700 and 1000 cc Vtwins - I watched it on a jay leno's garage .

they named it the Musket:

Last edited:
Wow, that's a pretty awesome looking bike. The Suzuki GS 150 costs about PKR 130,000, so close to about 65k Indian.

Thats a reasonable price for a 150 cc bike.

New Pulsar 150 costs somewhere around 82k INR .

Yamaha FZ 2.0 is also a decent looking bike in the same price category.

Nostalgia is good, but the Enfield is not all that great to ride, given modern alternatives, Sir.
Royal Enfield is a high maintenance bike - I'm talking about the previous model with cast iron engine and pre-war technology. You'll love riding it. Only problem is reliability. Now that, Bullets are so common, the value has come down. Newer Bullets with UCE also have their own quirks.

The thing is, this is a different breed unlike Indo-Japanese bikes with high reliability and cheap to maintain. Bullets like AJS/Matchless, Norton's, BSA's are primitive in their build, but gives a very comfortable ride. People here often look for old model (Cast Iron engine) with "heavy crank" so as to cruise in 30-40kmph with that bassy thump(Phad Phad) which is really likeable. Bullet mechanics are in great demand especially for modifications. A motorcycle suitable for the men in the 30's and above.
Old vs New Bullets:

Be careful here Sir. The KTM has no center stand, an open chain, a stepped (hard) seat and needs careful servicing. It will be in trouble on Pakistani roads in a few short months. The GS150, on the other hand, will do just fine in that market.

Royal Enfield is a high maintenance bike - I'm talking about the previous model with cast iron engine and pre-war technology. You'll love riding it. Only problem is reliability. Now that, Bullets are so common, the value has come down. Newer Bullets with UCE also have their own quirks.

The thing is, this is a different breed unlike Indo-Japanese bikes with high reliability and cheap to maintain. Bullets like AJS/Matchless, Norton's, BSA's are primitive in their build, but gives a very comfortable ride. People here often look for old model (Cast Iron engine) with "heavy crank" so as to cruise in 30-40kmph with that bassy thump(Phad Phad) which is really likeable. Bullet mechanics are in great demand especially for modifications. A motorcycle suitable for the men in the 30's and above.
Old vs New Bullets:

Good comments, but if I rode an Enfield, I would get a genuine oldie, patina and all.

Its the price that's the real issue. At the moment, the cheapest cruiser selling in Pakistan is the Suzuki Intruder selling for a whopping 1.7 Million Pak Rupees! The BMWs and Harleys that are in vogue with most riders can fetch over three times that price!
enfield has similar price range of suzuki.. its not a reliable bike but people who buy it, buy into nostalgia, also there is some sort of brotherhood thing... am pretty sure the makers charge a premium for that.
Royal Enfield Bike Prices in India - Check Reviews, Models List, Photos & News @ ZigWheels
and judging from price of your own bike, I dont think the prices are that different in India.

Bullet's sound can be heard from 3 streets away.

Use the Jeep mudflap for your rear mudguard, it can be heard 6 streets away.......

I hear that having a Bullet is the most Punjabi thing you can do, maybe that's why it appeals to me. Its a genetic thing.

The real charm for the Royal Enfield lies in the fact that it is not in demand as a mass commute vehicle but rather as a heavy cruiser for bike enthusiasts and aficionados, Harleys and BMWs dominate that segment in Pakistan but are insanely expensive and the Bullet has massive potential to shake up the market.
Absolutely......... As of now the only 2wheeler (mass produced in india) under booking is Bullet - I guess the average booking period is something like 3 months to 6 months.......

I hear that having a Bullet is the most Punjabi thing you can do, maybe that's why it appeals to me. Its a genetic thing.

Most of us (my age) grown listening to the thunder of bullets, as those days the bikes available were, Bullet, Rajdoot/Yezdi...... The sound of bullet is like a music to our ears...... Incidently I have started my automobile career working on a bullet 21 years ago!!!!!!!!

There is a guy called "RL Ravichandran" He changed the face of Bajaj in early 2000, and He changed the face of RE in late 2010's

Bullets are more popular down south, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa..also, all services use bullets - including even the traffic cop.

Bullets are more popular down south, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa..also, all services use bullets - including even the traffic cop.

Well that's a surprise, I knew they were made in the South but I always though their most lucrative Market was in Punjab.

enfield has similar price range of suzuki.. its not a reliable bike but people who buy it, buy into nostalgia, also there is some sort of brotherhood thing... am pretty sure the makers charge a premium for that.
Royal Enfield Bike Prices in India - Check Reviews, Models List, Photos & News @ ZigWheels
and judging from price of your own bike, I dont think the prices are that different in India.

"Not reliable" is a wrong description for RE, they are one of the most reliable bikes, I have used a thunderbird for the last 10 years..it's just maintenance heavy for the first two years. People have used a bullet for 30-40 years without a hitch.

Well that's a surprise, I knew they were made in the South but I always though their most lucrative Market was in Punjab.

South and services is their largest market.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom