What's new

Rome recalls ambassador from India in piracy spat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope they won't, people around here have bigger eyes and can distinguish between a Somalian and a dark skinned South asian. Two can play this game. :azn:

I don't think size of eyes affects vision. You could have argued that East Asians have higher rates of myopia though, and unlike the Indians in this thread, I wouldn't have any difficulty acknowledging this objective fact.

Anyway, I think if a Somalian pirate landed ashore, the local population wouldn't bat an eyelash as long as he avoided conversation. It's not just a matter of skin tone, but South Indians tend to have African features.

Snake man inserts live snake up nose and out of mouth - Telegraph

Do you think this Tamil man gets stopped in the street often to be asked if he's a Somalian pirate?

You have a valid point. The Indians here all day long praise their BSF for killing unarmed BD people siting fantasy threat. Some even think that the action of BSF is worthy of Bharot Ratna.

Here the Somali pirtaes actually pose a serious threat. The Italians took action considering the threat by dark skinned occupants of a possibly armed boat posess to a ship. At least the Italians paid some money to the families that lost the loved ones.

Ah, the duplicity of the Indian members here.

I don't actually think any of the Indians here actually care about this tragedy; I was the only one who expressed condolences. All the Indian's first, unequivocal priority was insisting that Indians are not darker than Pakistanis.

I don't think size of eyes affects vision. You could have argued that East Asians have higher rates of myopia though, and unlike the Indians in this thread, I wouldn't have any difficulty acknowledging this objective fact.

Anyway, I think if a Somalian pirate landed ashore, the local population wouldn't bat an eyelash as long as he avoided conversation. It's not just a matter of skin tone, but South Indians tend to have African features.

Do you think this Tamil man gets stopped in the street often to be asked if he's a Somalian pirate?

If you are a specimen for East Asians then it apparently does, I mean you can't tell difference between a South Indian and Africans.

And that photo in your little link, that guy is not ethnic Tamil. They are part of the African groups who came to India as slaves and sailors on Arab merchant ships. They can be found in some regions of India and Pakistan.

Do some research before trying to be a DIY anthropology expert here.

Siddi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

African Tribe in India - YouTube

That's interesting, I thought he was Tamil as it was from Chennai. Although while you may regard the nuanced differences as obvious, I don't think most foreigners would be able to tell between South Indian and Somalian, kind of like how most foreigners cannot differentiate between Chinese, Japanese and Korean. As long as the broad phenotypes are identical, such as skin tone and holistically-speaking, facial features, most people will not note the subtleties of cheekbones, brow ridge, lips, eye sockets, nose bridge, jawline, etc.

That's interesting, I thought he was Tamil as it was from Chennai.

Seriously? So everyone who lives in Chennai must be a Tamil? Are you sure you are at Oxford mate? Cause I donno you should be an Anglo Saxon then!:lol:

Although while you may regard the nuanced differences as obvious, I don't think most foreigners would be able to tell between South Indian and Somalian, kind of like how most foreigners cannot differentiate between Chinese, Japanese and Korean. As long as the broad phenotypes are identical, such as skin tone and holistically-speaking, facial features, most people will not note the subtleties of cheekbones, brow ridge, lips, eye sockets, nose bridge, jawline, etc.

Pirates119.jpg

Put this guy anywhere in South India and he ll stick out like a sore thumb. But I guess you are kinda right, to the whites and to us browns all Mongoloids look the same, same for you guys I guess, all the brown people look the same to you and all the white people look the same to you.

That's interesting, I thought he was Tamil as it was from Chennai. Although while you may regard the nuanced differences as obvious, I don't think most foreigners would be able to tell between South Indian and Somalian, kind of like how most foreigners cannot differentiate between Chinese, Japanese and Korean. As long as the broad phenotypes are identical, such as skin tone and holistically-speaking, facial features, most people will not note the subtleties of cheekbones, brow ridge, lips, eye sockets, nose bridge, jawline, etc.

It is really surprising that being in UK you are not able to differentiate between an Indian and a Somalian, and moreover there are around 400 students from India studying at Oxford.

Seriously? So everyone who lives in Chennai must be a Tamil? Are you sure you are at Oxford mate? Cause I donno you should be an Anglo Saxon then!:lol:

Pirates119.jpg

Put this guy anywhere in South India and he ll stick out like a sore thumb. But I guess you are kinda right, to the whites and to us browns all Mongoloids look the same, same for you guys I guess, all the brown people look the same to you and all the white people look the same to you.

Fine, even than the facial features of any South Indian and an Somalian are starkly different. They are as different as a Chinese to a European.

It is not of being Black or White, it being of Black being less worthy.

i don't think raphael implied blackness is less worthy - i am sure the italians' crime was equally condemnable if the two murdered were actually dark-skined african fishermen. but i have long thought many in india think that way (after speaking with many indian girls in the past), which explains the vigorous "explanation" and "clarification" and "lecturing" many indians did here.

if we can get back from this unfortunate diversion on the worthiness of skin colors - i think legally italians might have the jurisdiction to try the two shooters by virtue of the conventions governing the law of/on the sea, but i also believe the excuses italians are manufacturing for the two killers in the press are a legitimate reason to believe any trial that takes place in italy will be prejudiced even before it starts, and even if convicted, the lenient terms an italian court is bound to impose will make trivial the suffering and losses of the victims' families. it has become a moral imperative for the trial to take place in india to ensure some commensuration between the crime and the punishment.

So, any news on how this played out? Did the fisherman close on the ship?

I find it hard to believe the Italian marines would just shoot at fishing skiffs for the lulz.

So, any news on how this played out? Did the fisherman close on the ship?

I find it hard to believe the Italian marines would just shoot at fishing skiffs for the lulz.

The Italian marines reported the "fisherman" we're thought to be carrying firearms and one even waved one at them, they soon opened fire.

I don't actually think any of the Indians here actually care about this tragedy; I was the only one who expressed condolences. All the Indian's first, unequivocal priority was insisting that Indians are not darker than Pakistanis.

what a dumba**!!

Sad is the state of Oxford, Idiotic chimps are getting in these days.. They were better behaved as drug addicts or as experiment tools..

I would like to announce that …Here we have (Raphael) winner of the OSCAR of trolling... Please give him a big round of applause. :yahoo: :china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom