What's new

River Indus 2

Where would the water come from for artificial rivers?
BTW, our irrigation system is sort of same thing in a way that it makes water reach places where it can be used for agriculture

BTW, our irrigation system is sort of same thing in a way that it makes water reach places where it can be used for agriculture
Just look at chinese agricultral system its the best in the world right now. With artificial riviers and streams. Even water goes backwards upstream like in opposite direction when they want it to go in oppositie direction with help of gates etc

We need to better manage the water that does flow through out country, but in terms of expanding the green cover of our country we need to manage rain water supplies, small streams and local aquifers.

3-s2.0-B9780128008751000144-f14-01-9780128008751.jpg

If we manage small areas in thousands of little mountain valleys across KPK, Baluchistan, Punjab, and Sindh, we can create places like the following
Africa1.jpg

Once you have a stable water supply, shaping the terrain to expanding outwards becomes possible. Planting the right kinds of trees and scrubs will improve soil quality.

A good article to read in this regard
https://www.nature.com/news/agriculture-increase-water-harvesting-in-africa-1.17116

The Chinese are working on this already
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1477-8947.2009.01207.x

Last edited:

There are various methods.

I was thinking of bringing back life to dried up rivers of "punjab" (not punjab anymore because of the dry rivers)

change punjab to dusab (land of ten rivers) or more.

One of the methods may turn land into sea so not a good idea.

I was also thinking of Indus 2,3,4,5,..10 !

Theoretical that's why i just stated "Indus 2" in the OP.

Just look at chinese agricultral system its the best in the world right now. With artificial riviers and streams. Even water goes backwards upstream like in opposite direction when they want it to go in oppositie direction with help of gates etc

But this doesn't answer my question. Where would the water come from?
One of the many problems with water in Indus is that it has to maintain a decent level when it merges into Arabian Sea otherwise, the sea water returns backward and destroys cultivatable land in in and around Badin.

The best- long lasting-approach would be to work on two fronts:
  1. Later Reservoirs to catch extra water and maintain decent flow for Indus Delta in the south
  2. Water Conservation for crops as well as industrial/domestic usage

There are various methods.

I was thinking of bringing back life to dried up rivers of "punjab" (not punjab anymore because of the dry rivers)

change punjab to dusab (land of ten rivers) or more.

One of the methods may turn land into sea so not a good idea.

I was also thinking of Indus 2,3,4,5,..10 !

Theoretical that's why i just stated "Indus 2" in the OP.

I can't tell if you are serious of messing around....

Back
Top Bottom