What's new

Richest city in Pakistan by GDP per capita?

Raheel Khan_1

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Whats the richest city in Pakistan by GDP per capita?Overall by gdp size we know its karachi. But whats the richest city by GDP per capita?Anyone know the figures? I would predict its Islamabad since it has the highest HDI index in the country and has very few poor people living in it.

Top cities by GDP (PPP)

Pakistan and its three biggest city economies.[6]
The table below lists the top cities by their PPP GDP, based on a 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers study and is not comparable with the figures listed in the table above.[6]

Rank City Province 2013 PPP GDP
(in USD)
Population
1 Karachi Sindh $102 billion 18.2 million
2 Lahore Punjab $40 billion 7 million
3 Faisalabad Punjab $14 billion 4.8 million

Top cities by GDP (PPP)

Pakistan and its three biggest city economies.[6]
The table below lists the top cities by their PPP GDP, based on a 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers study and is not comparable with the figures listed in the table above.[6]

Rank City Province 2013 PPP GDP
(in USD)
Population
1 Karachi Sindh $102 billion 18.2 million
2 Lahore Punjab $40 billion 7 million
3 Faisalabad Punjab $14 billion 4.8 million
Yes on GDP they are big cities ..

but question is related to Per capita ...

These sorts of statistics are seldom recorded or even less seen or available.
Don't bother, not many in Pakistan care for such statistics yet.
PwC reports are quite reliable in these matters.

After doing some research I found the following from jang newspaper but the statistics are from 1999. States Islamabad as the richest city in south asia in terms of per capita. Cant post the link due to less posts so screenshot.

Islamabad $ 7665
Karachi $ 6961
Colombo $ 2608
Delhi $ 2128
Bangalore $ 1467
Dhaka $ 798

419749-d8f1ab27627b04a93d690e996704c7e6.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    191.5 KB · Views: 365
It's Islamabad for sure, not many poor living in that city.

After doing some research I found the following from jang newspaper but the statistics are from 1999. States Islamabad as the richest city in south asia in terms of per capita. Cant post the link due to less posts so screenshot.

Islamabad $ 7665
Karachi $ 6961
Colombo $ 2608
Delhi $ 2128
Bangalore $ 1467
Dhaka $ 798

419749-d8f1ab27627b04a93d690e996704c7e6.jpg
I don't think these stats are true when you think about year 1999.

I think the richest city in terms of GDP per Capita are very similar to largest economic hubs of Pakistan. That is Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Rawalpindi and Islamabad. I think Mirpur would also rank highly thanks to its diaspora in UK and Europe.

I wouldn't be surprised to see smaller cities of Gujranwala, Jhelum and Gujrat amongst the top list as there is large Pakistani diaspora from this region and also have good medium level manufacturing industries in these cities which is helping boost exports to all over the world and all across Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom