What's new

Revealed: World Pupil Rankings in Science and Maths - TIMSS results in full

Without India and China how can this be termed as a world event?
We are 2.4 billion out of the 7.5 billion humans in the planet.o_O:woot:

Yep I agree my friend.

The Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) have been collecting data from students at grades 4 and 8 since 1995 every 4 years, generally. TIMSS is sponsored by the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA) and managed in the United States by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), part of the U.S. Department of Education. They have limited resources compared to UN or OECD, so they have 56 nations covered, but not (yet) China and India.

IEA.png

Last edited:
TIMSS Today, PISA Next Week
Steve Sailer December 1, 2016

Screenshot-2016-12-01-00.51.09.png

Above is the graph of 8th graders in math scores on the 2015 TIMSS international test. There are also scores for 4th graders in math and both grades in science.

TIMSS’s rival PISA will release their scores on December 6th. Over the years, I’ve read up more on the PISA test. Anybody out there know much on comparing their strengths and weaknesses?

Here’s a 2015 paper by Heiner Rindermann comparing the two.

TIMSS tasks were seen as more curriculum-related and requiring more school knowledge than PISA tasks. For solving PISA tasks, thinking/reasoning ability and general intelligence were rated as being more important (d = 0.36).

In general, it’s not that hard to get a testing process so its scores are fairly accurate, but you run into diminishing marginal returns in reliability the more subtle the type of judgments you want to make. For example, averaging the two tests across both grades and all subjects tends to give a more reliable rank ordering of countries than trying to tease out more specific questions like why did Finland’s 8th grade science score go or up down.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/timss-today-pisa-next-week/

USA is highly diversed.
You can find Sweden in USA, u can also find Sub-Sahara Africa in USA.

PISA will include China, but india refuses to take part in.

Dude, Can you give me India's last rankings in PISA?

I cannot believe my country finished above countries like Sweden, Germany, Denmark, etc. :o: Our school system is a train wreck and every American kid I see won't take his head out of his cell phone long enough to crack open a maths or science book.
If Trump deport low IQ groups, I'm sure it would improve US education standards.

The top performers are from North East Asia.

It's either the genes or the Confucian/Daoist culture or both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom