What's new

Reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karabakh is already a part of Azerbaijan.

You talked about Afghan minority of Pakistan to join Afghanistan.

No i didn't, why don't you read my post and use a dictionary this time?

I think the purpose of this forum or any forum in general is to have discussions ?... And with such diverse forum like this one... it is natural that we all have different opinions...

Everyone has the right the express their own view points.. but I don't like it when people start to get mad, angry, nasty, defensive..

Come on people.. this is just a forum... why take everything so seriously?

Mech-e are you in anyway related to Arab Talibans? :D:D:D

Just joking.... :partay::partay:

no way been seperate for too long pakistani population is around close to 200 million by now far too large to join anothercountry and too much bad blood between all 3 countries .It's true pakistan is majority indic and was in the past part of india but partition happened and most pakistanis have only known being part of pakistan they don't want to join any other country probably same could be said for india and bangladesh too.

Mech-e are you in anyway related to Arab Talibans? :D:D:D

Lets not use the forum to instigate other members. Not all Arabs are Taliban, as a matter of fact majority fo Talibans are non-Arabs.

Lets not use the forum to instigate other members. Not all Arabs are Taliban, as a matter of fact majority fo Talibans are non-Arabs.

I was joking... I am amazed that you keep on pointing at me and keep on ignoring what mech-e said in all his posts.. the stuff about punjabis and iranians and all the bad words he used...

Is there some kind of conspiracy going on on this forum... that some members are favored over others?

Everyone should get fair and just treatment on this forum...

I just don't like seeing weak and small countries. The Brits wanted to weaken other countries and so they split up Iranic, Indic and Arabic people.

Just out of cursity, why do you think that Pakistan is a "weak" and "small" country? It may be unstable, but thats a different thing.

And you should be more down to earth in your comment. Everything dosen't works out like that. We just have the Yugoslavia exampele, and I don't think there are any nations closer to each other then whole Yugoslavia was to each other.

I don't think majority of Pakistanis or Indians want to re-unite.

Just out of cursity, why do you think that Pakistan is a "weak" and "small" country? It may be unstable, but thats a different thing.

And you should be more down to earth in your comment. Everything dosen't works out like that. We just have the Yugoslavia exampele, and I don't think there are any nations closer to each other then whole Yugoslavia was to each other.

I didn't call Pakistan a weak or small country, can't you read?

relax people it was just an innocent question :)
sensitive topic i guess

It is funny how India/Pakistan thread ended up being Iran/Azerbaijan thread... :flame::lol:

It is funny how India/Pakistan thread ended up being Iran/Azerbaijan thread... :flame::lol:

It did? Only in 2 post I pointed out the diversity of Iran itself. Abi should remember that himself.

And the other thing is, he should be carefull with his misinformation.

Haha! All of you don't involve me in your arguments.. lol! I am a new member here and as a girl I am already nervous..

I don't want to take sides here lol! I like Iran as much as I like Azerbaijan (I don't know much about Azerbaijan though, but I know alot about Iran).

And for that matter I like India too.. just that I don't want to unite with them hehe! :partay::rofl:

The question was truly innocent and i had no bad intentions with it. It only took two trolls, mech-e and his Azerbaijani counterpart to derail it.

The question was truly innocent and i had no bad intentions with it. It only took two trolls, mech-e and his Azerbaijani counterpart to derail it.

Anywayz it was a fun thread... I hardly know anything about missiles, bombs, navy, army, airforce.. therefore I can't take part in most of the threads on this forum.. :mod:

The vision of Allama Iqbal for Pakistan was that he wanted North Western state to Unite for separate Muslim Homeland...

Iqbal never advocated the Pakistan scheme. Here is the link of his 1930 speech to the ML session and he clearly spells out his vision of a muslim majority state within the Indian union. States that would have common defence and foreign policy. A NW state that would be an ally and defend the frontier against aggression to the mainland India. Unfortunately his vision was never fulfilled. Please go through his entire speech which is a must read if you want to understand what Iqbal was articulating for Indian muslims and what he felt about India as a whole.
Sir Muhammad Iqbal’s 1930 Presidential Address

There is no doubt that muslims as a whole were politically and economically a weaker community. But at the same time, muslims as a whole were just as poor as the majority of non muslims. The literacy rate of the whole of India was around 9% which was more or less the same as muslims as well. Infact, more muslims were represented in the British Indian army mainly from the NWFP and Punjab than non-muslims (around 55%).

Besides, we had non-muslims rulers like the Sikh kingdom in Punjab, the Dogras in Kashmir, the Marathas in central India and Tranvacore ruled by hindu kings in south India among others which were quite powerful on their own. These groups never claimed their ruler ship just on religious basis but tried their utmost to take care of all religious communities under their rule and form alliances irrespective of religion. Be it the Marathas or the Mughals.

Infact the first was of independence in 1857 was a classic example of Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims revolting against the British under a single banner of Bahadur Shah Zafar. Ironically it was a muslim minister who ended up betraying his troop positions to the British as a traitor.
So religious affinity was not a political problem as such until it was made paramount by the various events. Infact, it was only after the British census post the 1857 that the majority-minority concept was started as was the martial races theory expounded since it was mainly "loyal" soldiers from NWFP and Punjab that helped put down the revolt.

In the words of the Maulana Azad, partition was a politically incorrect solution to a political problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom