What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punjabi Pakistanis have no relatives back in India. The Punjabi Muslims who migrated from Indian Punjab to Pakistan Punjab all came together, and many were killed and raped on the way by hindus/sikhs. The only Punjabi Muslims left in Indian Punjab are in a small city where the sikh people's guru told his followers not to hurt the Muslims, and they are mostly Ahmadiyyas not even real Muslims. Everywhere else in Indian Punjab, Muslims were not spared. No Pakistani Punjabi has a relative back in India, its only Urdu speaking Mohajirs who have relatives back in India.

Don't know where you got your history from but Ahmadi's suffered heavy losses when violence broke out during partition.

This is Rabwah, the town the Ahmadis built when they fled the killings of Muslims in India at Partition in 1947.

In Ahmadis's desert city, Pakistan closes in | Reuters

They came along with a few thousand British Indian soldiers who were to be transfered over to Pakistan army, all these soldiers and officers were also Ahmadi's.

The Ahmadiyya community offered to the Pakistan Army 15000 soldiers and 199 Officers who were well trained in the battlefield during the Second World War.

LankaWeb – The Ahmadiyya Position

Jinnah was not a maohajir. He was born in Karachi.

Jinnah's great grandfather was a Punjabi Rajput from Sahiwal who migrated from Sahiwal (Pak Punjab) to Kathiawar, Gujarat where he married into a khoja Shia family

These bhartis feel more proud of Jinnah’s ancestors being bharti (which they were not) than Gandhi’s ancestors.

Jinnah never called himself a Gujrati; he called himself a Punjabi Rajput

Source: Jinnah and his times: a biography Aziz Beg

Pakistan Punjab has 99% Muslim population while India Punjab has 1% Muslim population. I dont know about you, but I dont have a single Hindu or a Sikh in my family. We have no relatives back in India. While Uttar Pradesh and Bihar still has plenty of Muslims, these places in India are where most of you urdu speaking Mohajirs came from.

look man i dont know where are you getting at, but to be very frank and honest, i didnt even know about my ancestors being from india, while i grew up, never once my parents talked about where they came from and where their fore fathers came from, i just grew up learning that i was some ethnicity, i didnt even care what was that ethnicity till the day i googled abt it and found that our forefathers had migrated, if you are misguided that we are raw agents and have less patriotism, i dunno where r u getting at, but its not mature, grow up

people in karachi dont even speak other languages like other pakistani like potohari, punjabi, kashmiri etc

The way you non Mohajir are at it, it appears that it is a sin to be a Mohajir.

Have a heart.

Jinnah was a Mohajir and so were all the brilliant men.

Check the intellects of Pakistan, they are all Mohajirs!

Oh don't mind them...they have some kind of inferiority complex.

I'm a Mohajir too. Bihari Mallick. My ancestor was Syed Ibrahim, a Military General, a famous Sufi and the Governor of Bihar during the reign of the Sultans of Delhi (Sultan Mohammad Tughlaq (1290 AD-1351 AD) to be precise).

Syed Ibrahim was a descendent of Hazrat Ali, and when the Abbasyds persecuted Syed Ibrahim's ancestors, they escaped to Ghazni. He himself was born in a town near Ghazni.

Mallicks have Arab, Persian, and South Asian roots.

Jinnah's great grandfather was a Punjabi Rajput from Sahiwal who migrated from Sahiwal (Pak Punjab) to Kathiawar, Gujarat where he married into a khoja Shia family

These bhartis feel more proud of Jinnah’s ancestors being bharti (which they were not) than Gandhi’s ancestors.

dude does it really matter, who jinnah was, who liaquat ali khan was, who this was that was?? come on man was he a mohajir or not, did he had some roots to 'original' pakistanis, this omar guy is retard leave him be

Oh don't mind them...they have some kind of inferiority complex.

I'm a Mohajir too. Bihari Mallick. My ancestor was Syed Ibrahim, a Military General, a famous Sufi and the Governor of Bihar during the reign of the Sultans of Delhi (Sultan Mohammad Tughlaq (1290 AD-1351 AD) to be precise).

Syed Ibrahim was a descendent of Hazrat Ali, and when the Abbasyds persecuted Syed Ibrahim's ancestors, they escaped to Ghazni. He himself was born in a town near Ghazni.

Mallicks have Arab, Persian, and South Asian roots.

Actually, to me, it should be immaterial.

But maybe it gets under my skin when I find things getting unfair.

I was getting a bit uncomfortable about the tongue in cheek insinuations as if to be a Mohajir and having Indians back in India is some sort of a treacherous act.

Hate India with all your heart. It is understandable.

But why show total contempt (veiled of course) for Mohajirs who have relatives in India?

Is it their fault that a part of their family stayed back?

No, be fair, is all I hope.

dude does it really matter, who jinnah was, who liaquat ali khan was, who this was that was?? come on man was he a mohajir or not, did he had some roots to 'original' pakistanis, this omar guy is retard leave him be

Ill let you mohajirs go back to tracing your indian roots, and dreaming about your people in bihar, uttar pradesh, bombay, etc.. And let you talk about dossa, pan, and whatever you uttar pradeshis like to eat.

Yes his origin is from Pak Sarzameen like most Pakistanis. He is not a mohajir like many indians and mohajirs claim. My point exactly.

Punjab and Punjabi's are heavily influenced by Hindu customs and rituals, the rest of the ethnicities are more focused upon their age old customs that have remained constant.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that Punjabis are too ethnically and linguistically diverse to call them the same race. The Punjabi identity was given by Ranjith Singh who forcibly occupied the Multan province and united most of the Lahore, Multan region. During mughal era there was no province by the name of Punjab. Punjab consisted of Province of Lahore and province of Multan.

You have areas of Pak Punjab who see themselves as Siraikis, Potwaris, Hindkowans, or Pahari rajputs, Kashmiris and pushtuns. Jatts and rajput claim different ethnic origin and some have different customs and tradition.

Punjabi people are not like sindhis or pushtun who share the customs or tradition. They are too diverse to be given central punjabi identity. Not all share the same hindu customs

Ill let you mohajirs go back to tracing your indian roots, and dreaming about your people in bihar, uttar pradesh, bombay, etc.. And let you talk about dossa, pan, and whatever you uttar pradeshis like to eat.

Look at the bloody thread title! :lol:

What are you doing in this thread then?

Yes his origin is from Pak Sarzameen like most Pakistanis. He is not a mohajir like many indians and mohajirs claim. My point exactly.

Once Quaid-i-Azam was the guest of the Nawab of Baghpat
in Meerut district. One day in lighter vein the Nawab
enquired of Quaid-i-Azam “Your family is that of the
Khojas-businessmen. From where did you inherit this dash
and fight?” Thereupon Quaid-i-Azam smiled and said:
“Nawab Sahib, I am a Punjabi Muslim Rajput. One of my
ancestors migrated from Montgomery (Sahiwal) in the
Punjab to Kathiawar. There he married a Khoja girl, and
became a Khoja.”

Invent as much as you like!

In fact, there was a huge debate out here long long back that Jinnah was a Sunni and not a Shia and many links were appended.

Wiki

Jinnah was the first child born to Mithibai and Jinnahbhai Poonja. His father, Jinnahbhai (1857–1902), was a prosperous Gujarati merchant who hailed from the state of Gondal situated in the Kathiawar region province of Gujrat (present day India). He had moved to Karachi from Kathiawar, because of his business partnership with Grams Trading Company whose regional office was set up in Karachi, then a part of the Bombay presidency. He moved to Karachi some times before Jinnah's birth.[16][13][17] His grandfather, Poonja Gokuldas Meghji,[18] was a Hindu Bhatia Rajput from Paneli village in Gondal state in Kathiawar. Jinnah's ancestors were Hindu Rajputs; his grandfather had converted to Islam.[17] Jinnah's family belonged to the Ismaili Khoja branch of Shi'a Islam,[1] though Jinnah later converted to Twelver Khoja Shi'a Islam.[2

If Mithibai and Jinnahbhai are anything but Gujratis, then the Earth is flat!

About Indians being proud of Jinnah being Gujaratis, may I help you more.

Not only Gandhi and Jinnah were Gujaratis, but also Ballabbhai Patel!!

The future was crafted by Gujaratis!!

Now it is upto the individuals to lament or rejoice!

My family migrated from Amritsar India My late grandfather's brother still live in Srinagar Kashmir and they visited us like last month.My caste is arian and its said arian were Arab Muslims who came with Muhammad Bin Qasim.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that Punjabis are too ethnically and linguistically diverse to call them the same race. The Punjabi identity was given by Ranjith Singh who forcibly occupied the Multan province and united most of the Lahore, Multan region. During mughal era there was no province by the name of Punjab. Punjab consisted of Province of Lahore and province of Multan.

You have areas of Pak Punjab who see themselves as Siraikis, Potwaris, Hindkowans, or Pahari rajputs, Kashmiris and pushtuns. Jatts and rajput claim different ethnic origin and some have different customs and tradition.

Punjabi people are not like sindhis or pushtun who share the customs or tradition. They are too diverse to be given central punjabi identity. Not all share the same hindu customs

You are right. Punjab (Panj-ab) means land of five rivers in Farsi and that name Punjabi refers to people living in Punjab. Anyone can be a Punjabi. Being Punjabi is not an ethnic group. Jatts, Gujjar, Syyed, Qureshis, Rajputs, Raos, Maliks, Arian are ethnic groups and each has its own history and roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom