What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something called a shajarah or a recorded family tree, as BH mentioned. You can bet on the health of your ancestors' recording ability.

In the absence of a system where everybody is tagged by their genetic test results, trust on what they say they are, and general phenotype is a good guess. I have a fairly well-trained eye for spotting other ashraaf. I met only one here. Somebody from the Maghreb region, he had a classical sayyid face, and when I got to know his name, he was sure enough one.

I've heard of that. Anyways, I rather not trust someone's claims on ancestry from hearsay or word of mouth. So, only option for me is to rely on genetic tests.

Also, that's a nice story but I've heard of people claiming they are Sayyid which I understand to be an Arabic honorific title where the male claims descent from Muhammad. Sayyid's are supposedly spread out across the Arab world, Middle East and South Asia so it's hard for me to fathom all people claiming to be Sayyid are what they say they are. Primarily, because the Sayyid's would vary greatly in phenotype with them all being from different regions.

It's still very well possible the majority claiming to be Sayyid are what they say they are, I just have my doubts.

So? I was not talking about evolution directly. Also, theories are just theories but there is still scientific evidence linking humans to the theory of evolution. Religion, on the other hand, tends to never use scientific evidence to support it's claims and tends to still argue that they are fact.

why religion use the scientific data, religion is divine truth from allah, who created humans and universe in the first place, and thats what i believe in

Strantrun and Truth Teller are two of our racist brothers on the board. Don't mind them.

To the bolded part: we do not have that version. The three brothers, Sam, Ham and Yafeth, were equally blessed. The fourth, Canaan, who remained obstinately Kaafir, drowned and none of us carries his genes.

Its strange that i am coming back after a while and dont remember being to racist to anyone and you are accusing me of being racist. You should first look at yourself before accusing anyone. I dont even know who you are so you mind your own business.

I just reported what i read Curse of Ham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why religion use the scientific data, religion is divine truth from allah, who created humans and universe in the first place, and thats what i believe in

Those are your beliefs and I'm sure many Muslims and other religious people agree with them. I respect your beliefs but I do not agree with them.

Its strange that i am coming back after a while and dont remember being to racist to anyone and you are accusing me of being racist. You should first look at yourself before accusing anyone. I dont even know who you are so you mind your own business.

I just reported what i read Curse of Ham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is what you reported your beliefs? If they are, you do understand, they could be considered racist by many people?

Those are your beliefs and I'm sure many Muslims and other religious people agree with them. I respect your beliefs but I do not agree with them.

if you dont believe doesnt mean its not the truth and that you have refuted the truth

if you dont believe doesnt mean its not the truth and that you have refuted the truth

And vice versa. Just because you believe, doesn't make your beliefs true or factual. Anyways, let's keep the discussion focused on ancestry.

Is what you reported your beliefs? If they are, you do understand, they could be considered racist by many people?

No sir, I already said three times i am not sure how much true they are, So Let me say this again.

I dont believe it to be true. No one is superior to anyone.

I am of the view

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action".

I grew up in South Africa and Zimbabwe, I had many black african friends and still have so me being racists to them is not even worth answering it.

Why are dragging me into this. I didnt made any derogatory posts towards you or any other members on this thread.

Yes. Months ago. I haven't forgotten the name even though I have forgotten the comments you made, but they were quite stereotypical and hurtful.

Yes. Months ago. I haven't forgotten the name even though I have forgotten the comments you made, but they were quite stereotypical and hurtful.

Months ago. Not today. Not on this thread. Not on this topic.

You are needlessly bringing me into this, due to your inferiorty complex and identity crisis right now.

Paraphrasing what Allah tells us "I've given you your deen, now go understand it and practice it". The 'understand it' part has all but vanished in these times, and when you talk with Mr. darkinsky, please understand you're talking to a kid and he nor me are really capable of making absolute statements. Now the thing is, the scientific method is one of the bases of the sciences of ahadiith/sharii3ah/sarf u nahw etc. So no we cannot discard science, especially given that the religion makes use of it in order to evolve.

OK this was a digression and I too don't want to derail the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom