What's new

Restitching the Subcontinent How do you solve a problem like Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt read the article as its late and i m feeling sleepy but what funny is indian thanking ajtr for a thread.....

@ post no 12>> couldnt agree more.

Reuniting ???? Naah

Now even "Imagine a combined Indo-Pak cricket team " scenario is no longer a temptation.:P

i have no issues with partition the only problem is the way it happened had it happened in a more civil manner with no bloodshed no kashmir problem may be sub continent would have been a different story altogether.....

Now whats done can not n should not be undone but a economic reintegration should be a welcome step...:agree:

But why would anyone want to Re-Stitch the Sub Continent ?

The Partition was a mistake.

For the reason it happened.

For the way it happened.

unfortunately.....after a point it becomes impossible to undo the damage already done.....both countries have taken different paths and we have come to a stage where each one's priorities are vastly different and each will not survive the other if they merge......so its better left as it is and hope the better one atleast survives than end up seeing both fail

A restitched Sub-Continent will not fare well. Too much has transpired over the last 6 and a half decades for the hatchet to be buried and for us to all hold hands and sing songs of peace. It would be wise to work towards more realistic goals like better relations and greater regional co-operation. With the prevailing hate on both sides of the border, reunification will result in the civil war that we avoided in 1947. The extremists on both sides lose to much when the other community increases in numbers.

While i agree with vsdoc, both airuah and Icarus are absolutely right that there can never ever be a going back. Both our countries & the people have changed so much in the 65 years since then that there is a very superficial connections at best between Indians & Pakistanis. Also true that while some liberals in Pakistan might harbour such dreams in the face of an extremist assault, there is no real interest in Pakistan to undo partition. As for India, there is now a stronger identity at play & that identity as a nation is a post 1947 identity (as opposed to the cultural identity of India) and does not include Pakistan anywhere. Nice article but not in the realm of reality.

Its probably a cultural thing bro.

No Parsi will support Partition.

Partition gave us a much stable India. Not cultural thing though. They have unstable border, too much western and Arab interfere. Partition lessened our problems to a great extent. But I agree with you that it was not done in a correct way.

The legacy of Partition is borne wholly by India.

India lives with it daily and still moves on.

Pakistan got what it wanted, and still wallows in strife.

2nt may have been good at the time, but is not relevant for the secularists on both side of the border. IF secularism can increase then maybe we can have a South asian uniion, like the european union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom