What's new

Research seminar on Indian AESA radars.

Just for the sake of scholarly discussion, the journal's impact factor is only 5.621. It is not listed amongst internationally renown journals in electrical/electronics engineering
Pardon my ignorance as I didn't know the impact factor of the journal it has been published. On similar note, I've got a pape( on adaptive sliding mode control) submitted for review at AIAA guidance navigation and control
Also I failed to mention the fact that there is no connection between the paper and the patent. The patent has already been granted to the design agency that is, LRDE. The very fact that it has been granted patent means it was "something unique" and new and not directly copied from existing design.
I only wish Pakistan was as transparent as India.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! These are some of the developments and my own thoughts based on my interaction and experience with radars.

Some of the major modes realized so far in uttam AESA radars are-
1)Air-Air mode
(a) Target acquisition mode
(b) Countermeasure support mode
(c) Performance monitoring
(d) Multi target track
(e) Weapon systems support.
2)Air to sea mode
(a) Target detection and tracking-ISAR and RS.
3) Air to ground mode
(i) Imaging modes
(a) Real beam mapping.
(b) Strip map
(c) Spotlight mode
(d) Air to ground ranging and terrain avoidance.
(e) GMTI
(f) GMTT
4) Target search and track.

All these modes are interleaved that means they are performed one after the other sequentially however since the time scales are in micro seconds it appears near simultaneous to the pilot.
The main constraint to the AESA is the power and cooling requirements from the fighter platform.
The design of X-band T/R modules package also known as "planks" have been realized in the country for the first time and patented! Yes LRDE bangalore hold the patent. They have settled with vaccum barzing technology for manufacturing these planks in India.
They're 3 variants of this plank-4,6 and 8 T/R module.
These QTRM planks form the building blocks of not only fighter jet AESA radar but also a lot of other strategic AESA radars under design and development at DRDO.
This fighter borne AESA has a minimum range of 115kms against a 2m^2 target.
@Oscar
@Nilgiri
View attachment 403583

Like the way I projected the news.. Nice.. Plz post more of these knowledge

38MO1oI.jpg

This is probably the first GaN radar from DRDO.

This small radar has 400 km range and 4D capable.

38MO1oI.jpg

This is probably the first GaN radar from DRDO.

This small radar has 400 km range and 4D capable.
Is it true,I heard that arudhara is an Israeli devoloped radar for IAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom