What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G 3 rocks... Its a tiny cannon in your hand and you can be certain that it brings the enemy down...

I smell a rat in all this talk about changing our main army rifle!!!

M16 plateform is the best !
AR/M16 is truly modular, can be setup for any rifle caliber. I prefer 6.8 SPC
We should really look into it. Would be a lot cheaper & very easy to build.( minus the optics & folding sights etc)
The top/lower receivers are aluminum.
No need for fancy/showy rifles. Just make sure to bump up the ammo components to get the best terminal velocity, long range accurcay and proper yaw and superior fragmentation.

special-weapons.jpg

cartridgesace.jpg

I use G3 many times .....it has few disadvantages....
1. large caliber 7.6mm...it should be 5.5..
2. range of 300m...it should be 400m..
3. large recoil
4. out of control when fully automatic..

AK105 thats the weapon of tommorrow :D
It's way much better than the G3, it's more up to date and it don't cost alot.

Hello all. I have been looking for information on the 3GS on the internet but haven't found much. I have found the same picture posted by 'fox' in a number of different places, and wanted to pool everyone's opinion on the matter. . .

Look closely. Its difficult to make out, but if you zoom in on the image, it seems as though the cocking handle has been moved from the left barrel side of the gun to the right side just behind the chamber. Actually, it appears as though they've milled a slat behind the ejection chamber to allow for movement of the cocking handle with the bolt. If this is indeed true, it would represent a significant modification to the original G3.

What does everyone else think?

Looks like we have found ourselves a solution - say hello to POF- G3s

Displayed in IDEX 2011 Dubai.
180794_1781080879891_1025517435_2066396_6894532_n.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

I cant find this gun in the official POF website under infantry weapons. maybe website needs updating
they could have added a page for the exhibitions but either its not there or the link not very well placed on the webpage

SO in the end i fink G3 nd Ak-47 are the best rifles.....:)

G3 is atrue battle rifle.Its power is very good and supports our terrians too even it is being used at SIACHEN.It is best for froozy and muddy conditions.PA 'll not replace it for some more years

Switching from the G3 is not a good idea. Even the Americans are thinking of moving to 6.68mm Caliber because the 5.56mm lacks the range, if you have a guy you want to hit some 600m+ away then your 5.56mm will lack penetration as well. The G-3 is time tested and a troop favorite. Just slap on a telescope and you have yourself a sniper rifle with about 1.2km range. Switching to 5.56mm when the rest of the world is thinking of switching back will be a stupid move. We held this discussion in the 80s and reached the conclusion that it isn't a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom