What's new

Remembering Late Nawab Akbar Bugti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reminded of a book titled 'The Tigers of Balochistan', written by Sylvia Matheson (published 1967), that epitomizes the Baluchi chieftains' approach to life. Late Nawab Akbar Bugti (killed by Pakistani military in 2006), who was twenty-one when Matheson spoke to him. She was questioning him on his casual statement to her, reminding her that he had killed his first man at the age of twelve. "About this man you killed — er, why?" "Oh that!" he responded as he sipped his tea, "Well, the man annoyed me. I've forgotten what it was about now, but I shot him dead. I've rather a hasty temper you know, but under tribal law of course it wasn't a capital offense, and, in any case, as the eldest son of the Chieftain I was perfectly entitled to do as I pleased in our own territory. We enjoy absolute sovereignty over our people and they accept this as part of their tradition."

This was the most-quoted piece at the Free Balochistan Conference in Europe this year:

Nawab Bugti once said, "The body of Balochistan has been taken over by a parasite called the Punjabi-Worm. This Punjabi-worm greedily eats away at all the resources of Balochistan and leaves very little for the host. This is why Balochistan looks weak and scrawny. Once the parasite is removed from the body of Balochistan, it will rapidly recover. Balochistan will soon become strong & healthy. But it must get eliminate the parasite first at all costs....."

In reality true parasites have been these Sardars and waderas themselves, plundering the wealth and exploiting the poor people while all the time pointing fingers at Punjab.

As someone said greatness of a person is in the legacy he leaves behind, and look at what kind of terrorists grand sons this Bugti has left behind.

Akbar Bugti was a Feudal Lord who oppressed his people and a traitor who killed four Army officers sent to negotiate with him, what is there to remember? Let's not allow politics to dictate who are heroes are and aren't, only dumb shytes like the Sharifs dub these guys as martyrs because it suits their political needs whereas the same groups and "Disenfranchised" tribal lords kill hundreds of Hazaras, Muhajirs and Punjabis every year.

One should always remember enemies of your country.

And they should remember what we do to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom