What's new

Rembering Battle of Tololing : Kargil War

Jackdaws

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The battle to capture Point 5140 was a turning point in the Kargil War.

Twenty three years ago, Indian soldiers victoriously fought the Pakistani invaders to capture Point 5140 -- now renamed Gun Hill to salute the sacrifice of the Indian Army's Gunners during that historic military operation.

This is its story from 1999

When will be remembering losing point 5353 day ?
Indians after seeing this comment...😁😄
guaton-computadora.gif

The battle to capture Point 5140 was a turning point in the Kargil War.

Twenty three years ago, Indian soldiers victoriously fought the Pakistani invaders to capture Point 5140 -- now renamed Gun Hill to salute the sacrifice of the Indian Army's Gunners during that historic military operation.

This is its story from 1999

blah... US saved India that day.

PA gave IA a bashing it never forgot..

You mean Sartaz Aziz asking for it in Delhi and being shown the door?
Gee i dont know, perhaps commander Aul asking for a ceasefire (which did happen leading to pretty much all posts/peaks being vacated on both sides), only later to betray the same ceasefire he asked for by trying to attack point 5353 and the point next to it, evidently failing to take point 5353 (which we own) and only being able to take the smaller point next to it. On top of that, Pakistan counter attacked which led to Aftab 1,bunker ridge, saddle ridge, shangruti and dhalunag being taken. Of which aftab 1, bunker ridge, saddle ridge and point 5353 are still under our control.

Gee i dont know, perhaps commander Aul asking for a ceasefire (which did happen leading to pretty much all posts/peaks being vacated on both sides), only later to betray the same ceasefire he asked for by trying to attack point 5353 and the point next to it, evidently failing to take point 5353 (which we own) and only being able to take the smaller point next to it. On top of that, Pakistan counter attacked which led to Aftab 1,bunker ridge, saddle ridge, shangruti and dhalunag being taken. Of which aftab 1, bunker ridge, saddle ridge and point 5353 are still under our control.

Lol. Your Prime Minister runs to Clinton. Your Defence Minister runs to Delhi. You are forced out of the 120 odd posts you occupied. Vajpayee wins reelection. Your PM is overthrown in a coup.

Give up the ganja.

Lol. Your Prime Minister runs to Clinton. Your Defence Minister runs to Delhi. You are forced out of the 120 odd posts you occupied. Vajpayee wins reelection. Your PM is overthrown in a coup.

Give up the ganja.
Lol.

You only took 2/8 peaks when the conflict was at its height. You had 30,000 troops and fighter jets conducting cas. You lost over 540 of them, 2 jets and 1 heli, alongside a whole bunch of other equipment (arty, logis etc), forced to call a ceasefire which cmd aul betrayed, lost 6 peaks again, took back 2 of them like a snake after kargil conflict, still cant take the other 4 which remain in our control.

4/8. How can you claim victory after completing half of your objective. Gg

Lol.

You only took 2/8 peaks when the conflict was at its height. You had 30,000 troops and fighter jets conducting cas. You lost over 540 of them, 2 jets and 1 heli, alongside a whole bunch of other equipment (arty, logis etc), forced to call a ceasefire which cmd aul betrayed, lost 6 peaks again, took back 2 of them like a snake after kargil conflict, still cant take the other 4 which remain in our control.

4/8. How can you claim victory after completing half of your objective. Gg
Lol. You think it was over 8 peaks? Hahahaha. Well done.

Remind me. Who went to meet Bill Clinton to get an exit?

Indians who pleaded sorry begged Americans to force a withdrawal... Dutta documented that in her book.. you need to read for your education

Pakistan Army had complete control of the battlefield.. your airforce was ineffective and your infantry even more so.

for me Gen Zinni statement is enough for me.... " I presuaded the Pakistanis to withdraw"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom