What's new

Rejoice! Amazon, eBay, PayPal may Soon Enter Pakistan

yeah paypal ebay n amazon has been in india since 1950s

BC behte yeh loog India me hoty hain Or Comment Pak Related Thread me Aise krte hain jese inko sb pata ho Pakistan ka...

Hagnay k liye kuch hai ni road pe beth k krte hain batein dekh lo inki...

there were Other online Shopping sites. ager Amazon ni hai to Kya hua mar ni rhy... aajai gi ni hai to...
Hum ne to Kbhi ni kaha k Basic Stuff like toilets ni hain India k pass

Still jo maza Mall ja k shopping krne ka hai wo online me kahan?

@DesertFox97

Paypal and Ebay? Lol sites that are well their peak popularity is still not there in Pakistan? That sounds bad.

Due to no interest by SBP to draft regulation, not because PayPal doesn't want to enter.

And since ebay relies on paypal for payment, no ebay either.

this will be great for Pakistanis trading & in return these big E-Commerce online shopping giants get large customer profits.

Pakistan to invite PayPal, Ebay Alibaba to start e-commerce services

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is set to invite global online payment giants PayPal, Ebay and Alibaba to offer their services in the country, the IT ministry has said, after easing its e-commerce rules.

The move follows a decision by the global Financial Action Task Force to remove Pakistan from its list of high-risk and non-cooperative jurisdictions linked to money laundering.

Neither US-based PayPal nor Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba (which operates a service called Alipay) currently work inside Pakistan, which had strict regulation until recently limiting online payments for services. Local vendors instead offer cash-on-delivery options.

Pakistan's junior minister for information technology Anusha Rahman said in a Monday statement that following the central bank's decision to announce new rules for e-commerce, the government would "solicit mechanism to coordinate with international e-commerce players such as PayPal, AliBaba etc encouraging them to establish their setup to enable e-commerce services in Pakistan."

Pakistan has a growing IT industry that mainly provides outsourcing services in the form of coding to major Western clients.

IT exports, which account for around 10 per cent of total services exports, are currently worth US$2.2 billion annually, with the government aiming to increase the figure to more than US$5 billion by 2017.

The country of about 200 million people launched high-speed mobile internet services last year, with the subscriber base now totalling around 18 million. There are also around 21 million broadband Internet subscribers, according to official figures.

- AFP/de http://www.channelne...al/2293708.html

What is so special about ebay, paypal and Amazon? There are many online shopping site which give you better services in Pakistan than these international e-commerce sites. I have used some of these like shophive, home-shopping, daraz.pk etc and they were much better than ebay/amazon especially if we look at fast free delivery and paying after receiving option and price is also great. Ebay and amazon are only good for used goods or chinese electronics accessoreis for which there are many sites in china which have delivery option for Pakistan. I have seen many peopel use olx.com.pk for selling and buying used goods and its like gumtree in UK where you dont have to pay fees for selling mobiles phones and cash on collection

This is perhaps the best news I have heard from the IT ministry so far. Honestly, I can't wait for these services to begin in Pakistan. PayPal is something I'm really looking forward too really. eBay comes hand in hand with that. Finally!

Rejoice! Amazon, eBay, PayPal may Soon Enter Pakistan | Today in Pakistan

Guys, all this is coming. Pakistani government was working on multiple strategies to make this happen:

1) To get rid of the terrorism and to stop money laundering.
2) Business park build in Punjab and Sindh, that focused on JUST Mobil and E-Commerce application's development so you have a labor base.
2) Invite Amazon, Ali Baba, EBay and other E-Commerce giants to Pakistan to invest into getting distribution centers in Pakistan. That way American / European product can be sold to Pakistani consumer, and Pakistani consumer can sell their products to the Western world. ALL online and generate serious amounts of revenue!!!
4) Once these companies establish themselves, ask for certain infrastructure and IT application maintenance and projects to be outsources to Pakistan, due to number 2 above. Having a few hundred thousand people available for those jobs.

This would mean a $ 30 billion (plus - minus 20%) investments over the next 5-7 years from these big guys into Pakistan. Plus Pakistani consumer using the global village to buy and sell products across the globe and generating billions of revenue and taxes :enjoy: :tup:

This is your elected government, working for you, the people!! Always vote smartly and sensibly for people who have and will work for you!!

Yeah me too.......and they seem so exited about it .
We already had the likes of Flipkart , Myntra , Snapdeal , Jabong which were well accustomed to the large Indian market and made huge profits only then did Amazon.in decided to setup in India . I doubt whether countries like Pakistan will ever see the light of Amazon .

Oh the poor large Indian market and the "huge" profits. Buddy, what was your economy base in 1995 to have any of this??? NONE!!!! So then came the Sultan, her highness Mr. Clinton to rescue India. So if he had poured a trillion in Pakistan with about 10 million American jobs, Pakistan would've been JUST where you are.

Your growth wasn't because of you, it was because of the US. The opportunity given to you in a platter. Rest assured, Pakistan presents ALL these huge profits too, that's why the companies are going there next :enjoy::tup:

Oh the poor large Indian market and the "huge" profits. Buddy, what was your economy base in 1995 to have any of this??? NONE!!!! So then came the Sultan, her highness Mr. Clinton to rescue India. So if he had poured a trillion in Pakistan with about 10 million American jobs, Pakistan would've been JUST where you are.

Your growth wasn't because of you, it was because of the US. The opportunity given to you in a platter. Rest assured, Pakistan presents ALL these huge profits too, that's why the companies are going there next :enjoy::tup:
Nobody gave anything. The only reason US or any other countries companies have invested in India because they stood to make more profit in India vis-a-vis other countries at an acceptable quality level.

Just like why American Iphones are made in China. Its not Clinton's or US's decision to gift iphone manufacturing to China. Apple chose China to lower costs.

If and when American companies or any other for that matter find Pakistan worth it, they will invest in Pakistan to lower their costs while maintaining their desired level of quality. Though at best it will only be for Pakistani domestic market consumption and not for export from Pakistan to the world - the export market post China is being slowly cornered by Indonesia, India, Vietnam.

Pakistan's global market share in its only major export- textile - is falling. Expect Bangladesh to take most of Pakistan's textile export business.

The only two major countries in the world where Govt can 'gift' investment is China and Russia, where State Owned Enterprises have a dominating share of the economy and can be commanded to invest in other countries.

Economics 101. Orangzaib, your economics and intellect remain bad as always. The world invests wisely and none of your juvenile and blatantly false analysis will change the outcome of where the world will invest

OMG!!!

I mean Pakistan doesnt have Flipkart, Amazon, Ebay, Myntra, Snapdeal, PayTM, Shopclues, HomeShop18, Myntra, Jabong, Craftsvilla, etc. ect.. For some good reason i like that... I loved the days when we used to flock the markets to test,try and then buy.. I definitely miss those days.
All these aggregators and their endless offers have stolen that pleasing experience of buying. I remember last winters when i had ordered an overcoat after saturday dinner from Myntra and delivery boy was at my door before 8AM on Sunday. These scoundrels have made our life hell.
You are few lucky chaps living in a charming old world where wives dont choose from flipkart/amazon and you are not cursed for coughing out money at those cash-in-deliveries these bastards offer...

OMG

i love to do shoping in Amazon/ebay/flipkart/snapdeal/ and whenever my phone need rechargei do it with PAYTM..with the help of 4G network inside underground metro in new delhi...

just saw this thread..i am sad:(:(:(:( they dont hv these things....:(:(

Back
Top Bottom