What's new

Recreating faces from past histories.

Hey guys,

I found a YouTube channel of a guy who recreates faces from past histories using technology. I was quite fascinated to see what the Egyptian pharaohs, Indus Valley civilization and Indian emperors looked liked.

Indus Valley:

Curious to know everybody’s thoughts!

Very exciting, and also very disappointing. Just two faces from the IVC, just one from ancient India, when there are so many depictions of the all-powerful Gupta emperors, in their way far stronger than the Mauryas, far more distinguished as a group than the Mauryas. Then there is that huge mass of iconography of the Mughals, and of Rajput Ranas depicted in miniatures.

However, let us be grateful for at least a beginning.

Very exciting, and also very disappointing. Just two faces from the IVC, just one from ancient India, when there are so many depictions of the all-powerful Gupta emperors, in their way far stronger than the Mauryas, far more distinguished as a group than the Mauryas. Then there is that huge mass of iconography of the Mughals, and of Rajput Ranas depicted in miniatures.

However, let us be grateful for at least a beginning.

I agree sir, the channel owner who seems to be Greek judging by his name has posted 80% videos of the western civilization. I feel that western civilization in its current state, needs to get out of the mindset that they are be all and see all. As Asian and African civilizations have had a much richer history and have infact been the cradle of humanity itself. That being said I feel that intiative taken by the person in question ( finding it awful hard to spell his name) is commendable as it is a unique concept, which is a breath of fresh air in this day and age of music trend and TikTok.

I agree sir, the channel owner who seems to be Greek judging by his name has posted 80% videos of the western civilization. I feel that western civilization in its current state, needs to get out of the mindset that they are be all and see all. As Asian and African civilizations have had a much richer history and have infact been the cradle of humanity itself. That being said I feel that intiative taken by the person in question ( finding it awful hard to spell his name) is commendable as it is a unique concept, which is a breath of fresh air in this day and age of music trend and TikTok.

I live in Canada and I still feel that there is a stereotype amongst the western civilization that some civilizations are snake charmers and running naked barbarians. Alas times are slowly changing but atleast we are in the right direction as you aptly pointed out.

I live in Canada and I still feel that there is a stereotype amongst the western civilization that some civilizations are snake charmers and running naked barbarians. Alas times are slowly changing but atleast we are in the right direction as you aptly pointed out.
"Please, Sir, could I have some more?"

"Please, Sir, could I have some more?"

Dear sir,

I am just an observer who chimes in once in a blue moon but gains a lot of wisdom by absorbing and witnessing unique view points put forward by teachers and students alike on a daily basis.

Kind Regards,

H

Hey guys,

I found a YouTube channel of a guy who recreates faces from past histories using technology. I was quite fascinated to see what the Egyptian pharaohs, Indus Valley civilization and Indian emperors looked liked.

Indus Valley:

Curious to know everybody’s thoughts!

I don't think that "bust of Ashoka" is an actual historic sculpture, but instead, a modern rendition.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom