What's new

Received queries for LCA Tejas during Bahrain airshow: HAL chief T Suvarna Raju - The Economic Times

That's probably news to your military, that's continuing to prepare for a potential two front war.
That is the military's job. To prepare for the worst.

However you should know that China is not considered an enemy in India. It is thought of as a rival. We have disputes with them over land - however despite that, not a single bullet has been fired at each other in decades even when our military patrols cross each other.

A rival may use an opportunity or weakness to exploit by skirmishes or indirect tactics(like arming Pakistan). It will not wage a full war with India because a war between India and China would be like an early christmas for US and West. And set China back a couple of decades and India back half a century.

And a resolution of disputes with China can be easily accomplished.

We have just one 'enemy'. Pakistan.

"Believe Us there are Inquiries For Possible Export of LCA Tejas." HAL Chief T Suvarna Raju trying to ensure.

After creating hurdles for jf-17 export deal to Sri Lanka the Indian are feeling the fear of possible contest with JF-17 thunder because PAC is ready for JF-17 thunder export than HAL will be able to Assemble 6 to 8 Aircrafts per air in 2018 than JF-17 Block-III will be available. The HAL chief refusal to disclosed the name of Inquirer country showed the HAL's capabilities.

NEW DELHI: Queries were received about the country's indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas for possible export, during the recently held Bahrain air show, HAL chief T Suvarna Raju today said but refused to identify the interested countries.
He also asserted that the first upgraded Tejas with better radar, missiles system, mid-air refueling capability, would be handed over to the force by 2018.
We have got inquiries for LCA already," Raju said as he lauded the aircraft's performance at this month's Bahrain air show.
Asked for the names of countries which have evinced interest, Raju told PTI, "Believe us when I say there are inquiries for LCA."
The aircraft is expected to replace the ageing fleet of MiG-21 fighter planes in the Indian Air Force.
Talking about the LCA programme, he said HAL and others are working on the "requirements" needed to make the aircraft useful to the operator, which in this case will be IAF.
IAF plans to acquire 120 Tejas aircraft, with 100 of them having some major modifications. It wants better radar, new electronic warfare suit, refuelling capacity and beyond the vision range missiles.
"The series production has started. We are increasing the capacity from 8 to 16 per annum. We will be rolling out good numbers.
"The requirements which are are required for this aircraft to be useful to the operator would be complied by HAL," he said.
Raju said that the first aircraft with all required modifications would be handed over to IAF in 2018.
As per the production plan, six aircraft will be made this year (2015-16) and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd will subsequen ..
It is estimated that 20 aircraft will be built by 2017- 2018 to make the first squadron of the plane.
The LCA programme was initiated in 1983 to replace the ageing MiG-21s planes in IAF's combat fleet but has missed several deadlines due to various reasons.
As India aims to market the Tejas, it will face competition from Pakistan's JF 17, built in collaboration with China. The aircraft has already been placed in the open market and it was speculated that one Asian country hadevinced interest in the aircraft.
Sri Lanka had recently denied reports that it had evinced interest in the Pakistani plane.
Meanwhile, talking about the indigenous light attack helicopter, Raju said IAF has selected it weapons and HAL is in the process of integrating it.
"By September, we will prove it. From March, we will be flying with weaponised helicopter," he said.

Received queries for LCA Tejas during Bahrain airshow: HAL chief T Suvarna Raju - The Economic Times
Reported for doctoring title

Absolutely. HAL has been fcuking up the production line. Its making sure it gets a foreign fighter to assemble and get its pocket filled rather than doing the production of LCA in time and remain dry. The incompetence of Hal
No of TEJAS in IAF => 1
No of J20 Pre production aircraft in PLAAF => 2.

Ankit Kumar Bhai, Seriously you have been quoting HAL incompetiness several time. Tell me if you have a production line for the Ambassador Car line, can you straight forward change it to produce BMW straight away. Several equipment's, jigs, gears, fixtures, tools, dies, equipment, welding machines, testing machines have to be assembled, produced and designed before the production can commenced. You have to create the whole chain of the suppliers of the subassemblies and the parts and material needed. You need to train the technicians, Engineers and the workers for the production and quality assurance. Before that you need the blue prints of the design, and SOP which was handed to the HAL from ADA on Aug 2015. When there is a new production, some issues may arises (Say a bolt of different gauge) for the fisiability, and the production department can call for the small changes approved from the design department, which in this case is the ADA, and then the whole new revised designed copy to be approved from all the departments aks QA, Marketing, Purchase, Stores, and all the copies of the revised design change to be delivered and reciept of the same -- this is a simple procedure of the norm in a Production company. Now the average time from that moment to the max. capacity is around 2.5 month for the fighter plane. Take an example of Hawk AJT production by HAL, First year 2 unit produced, Second year 4, third year 12, forth 18, and rest in few month.

P.S -- If the Dassault needs 3 years to increase the production of the Rafale to double, no body finds any problem in that. In short Ghar Ki Murgi Daal Barabar.

@MilSpec @Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

That's probably news to your military, that's continuing to prepare for a potential two front war.

Why only two front war, why not short, high intensity, netcentric, high mobility, well coordinated clash to suppress the enemy and achieve the goal in the shortest period of time.

The reason for having the Military is not to show case or buy weapons, rather to provide the security to the country and the military makes all possible preparation for the worst case scenario and recommended its requirement, but at the last its the civil bureaucrats that's take the final decision for the procurement in the India.

Ankit Kumar Bhai, Seriously you have been quoting HAL incompetiness several time. Tell me if you have a production line for the Ambassador Car line, can you straight forward change it to produce BMW straight away. Several equipment's, jigs, gears, fixtures, tools, dies, equipment, welding machines, testing machines have to be assembled, produced and designed before the production can commenced. You have to create the whole chain of the suppliers of the subassemblies and the parts and material needed. You need to train the technicians, Engineers and the workers for the production and quality assurance. Before that you need the blue prints of the design, and SOP which was handed to the HAL from ADA on Aug 2015. When there is a new production, some issues may arises (Say a bolt of different gauge) for the fisiability, and the production department can call for the small changes approved from the design department, which in this case is the ADA, and then the whole new revised designed copy to be approved from all the departments aks QA, Marketing, Purchase, Stores, and all the copies of the revised design change to be delivered and reciept of the same -- this is a simple procedure of the norm in a Production company. Now the average time from that moment to the max. capacity is around 2.5 month for the fighter plane. Take an example of Hawk AJT production by HAL, First year 2 unit produced, Second year 4, third year 12, forth 18, and rest in few month.

P.S -- If the Dassault needs 3 years to increase the production of the Rafale to double, no body finds any problem in that. In short Ghar Ki Murgi Daal Barabar.

@MilSpec @Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

Yes , you are right. Time is required.

But its taking much more than 2 times the original time it should have had taken.
With every single delay they are ruining the future prospects of a very fine bird.

Now tell me , was it I who said that HAL would deliver 2 IOC2 aircrafts the first year ( Which was supposed to be 2015)?, leave that, was it I who said HAL would deliver SP2 within 45 days? , this January ? Leave it , it's Feb end.

Even now, SP2 is nowhere.
Is this normal delay?

In case of China, they switched from nothing to J20, and built 4 of them last year. I give up this case as you may say they get more $$.

Leave it, let me give you another example, remember its some time that we are " manufacturing " Su30mki ( except titanium alloys for some parts of engines which Irkut delivers ), have we even breached the 16 per year mark?

While the Chinese roll out on average >25 flanker airframes each year from their production line .

Is it not criminal on our part that on one side we cry for less fighters, on the other we do not exploit even 50% of our capability.

Even PAC is working to roll out >25 airframes of thunder now.

Where are we?

Is the delay normal?Is my criticism an overdo?

I don't think so.

And again for you saying 12 airframes from 1 lines, yesterday there was an article about 2 HAL LCA lines, together building 16.

Is the speed not pathetic to say least?

its called intro remember always create the thread by using your knowledge don't use simple cut paste like a typist.

It is against forum rules...... You can use your creativity on a thread, not on the title...... Any way the title has been edited by moderator....

Yes , you are right. Time is required.

But its taking much more than 2 times the original time it should have had taken.
With every single delay they are ruining the future prospects of a very fine bird.

Now tell me , was it I who said that HAL would deliver 2 IOC2 aircrafts the first year ( Which was supposed to be 2015)?, leave that, was it I who said HAL would deliver SP2 within 45 days? , this January ? Leave it , it's Feb end.

Even now, SP2 is nowhere.
Is this normal delay?

In case of China, they switched from nothing to J20, and built 4 of them last year. I give up this case as you may say they get more $$.

Leave it, let me give you another example, remember its some time that we are " manufacturing " Su30mki ( except titanium alloys for some parts of engines which Irkut delivers ), have we even breached the 16 per year mark?

While the Chinese roll out on average >25 flanker airframes each year from their production line .

Is it not criminal on our part that on one side we cry for less fighters, on the other we do not exploit even 50% of our capability.

Even PAC is working to roll out >25 airframes of thunder now.

Where are we?

Is the delay normal?Is my criticism an overdo?

I don't think so.

And again for you saying 12 airframes from 1 lines, yesterday there was an article about 2 HAL LCA lines, together building 16.

Is the speed not pathetic to say least?

Point is LCA is the ADA project, and HAL is the primrary integrator cum manufacturer. And as a manufacturer you have to plan the whole project, in this case the production of the LCA tejas for the optimum cost. You plan for something with the future orders in your mind so that your labour/ workforce don't sit idle. Now the order of IOC-2 - 20nos and FOC - 20 nos they have got, are you sure, they got the order for the SOP-18 LCA (Which many member called MK-1A quoted by some Jurno)for 100 nos -- not yet buddy.
For the production line you have to design the fixtures, gigs and whole assembly lines, take an example for the HAL's Dhruva, LCH helicopter, HAL was able to design the same right through the airframe design, but not in case of LCA. The most important challenge for the moment is the quality of the IOC-2, which is at the present, and 2 airframe means upto march 2016, which is the term period target.

First the TD's are produced to make the aircraft, and does not need such streamlining needed in the production line, and the subparts and parts could be purchased off the shelf depending on the requirements. Second the SP series production should ensure the training, and somehow, the suppliers chain to some extend, which in this case was not there due to fact the unclearity of the requirement and the numbers of units required of the user aka IAF. So leave aside that.

When I said the whole chain of the suppliers, it means suppose LCA tejas production have 7000 parts, first you make by whole BOM, Bill of Material, then you make the list of the approved vendors list for different parts by the Purchase department. Quality assurance ensure the parts qualify for the quality needed as expressed by the Design agency aka ADA. Purchase order is issued for various suppliers, and depending on the terms and condition, the material are supplied by the suppliers which might takes time from 1 week to 6 month, because even the local supplier might import the material say the resin for the composites, or the GE whose delivery from order could take several months.

HAL might be exploring the option for the subassembly manufactured from the third parties like TASML -- Tata, for the composite airframe parts or NAL to keep the cost of the production down. But the question is do you want to spend on the LCA line 1200 Crore rupees, build 120 MK-1 SOP-18, and let the line sit idle, because the MK-2 is not ready yet, so the better plan should be to build the MK-1 till MK-2 (Naval) could transformed into the line, similarly the PFM FGFA production line taking on the MKI line, so that the lines don't sit idle, which will cut the cost down.

Cannot comment on the chinese because, they have a very strong industrial base, and the whole govt machinery backing the indigenous program, and strong budget but J-20 is their immediate requirement for the AD/ plans in the south China ocean against the superior enemy lead by US CBG force.

For PAC to produce 25 or 30, dosen't matter, because it will depend on the number of kits delivered from CAC and various Chinese OEM to get assembled in Kamra, and India is still producing 1 squadron per year of MKI.

Last edited:
Point is LCA is the ADA project, and HAL is the primrary integrator cum manufacturer. And as a manufacturer you have to plan the whole project, in this case the production of the LCA tejas for the optimum cost. You plan for something with the future orders in your mind so that your labour/ workforce don't sit idle. Now the order of IOC-2 - 20nos they have got, are you sure, they got the order for the SOP-18 LCA for 100 nos -- not yet buddy.
For the production line you have to design the fixtures, gigs and whole assembly lines, take an example for the HAL's Dhruva, LCH helicopter, HAL was able to design the same right through the airframe design, but not in case of LCA. The most important challenge for the moment is the quality of the IOC-2, which is at the present, and 2 airframe means upto march 2016, which is the term period target.

First the TD's are produced to make the aircraft, and does not need such streamlining needed in the production line, and the subparts and parts could be purchased off the shelf depending on the requirements. Second the SP series production should ensure the training, and somehow, the suppliers chain to some extend, which in this case was not there due to fact the unclearity of the requirement and the numbers of units required of the user aka IAF. So leave aside that.

When I said the whole chain of the suppliers, it means suppose LCA tejas production have 7000 parts, first you make by whole BOM, Bill of Material, then you make the list of the approved vendors list for different parts by the Purchase department. Quality assurance ensure the parts qualify for the quality needed as expressed by the Design agency aka ADA. Purchase order is issued for various suppliers, and depending on the terms and condition, the material are supplied by the suppliers which might takes time from 1 week to 6 month, because even the local supplier might import the material say the resin for the composites, or the GE whose delivery from order could take several months.

HAL might be exploring the option for the subassembly manufactured from the third parties like TASML -- Tata, for the composite airframe parts or NAL to keep the cost of the production down. But the question is do you want to spend on the LCA line 1200 Crore rupees, build 120 MK-1 SOP-18, and let the line sit idle, because the MK-2 is not ready yet, so the better plan should be to build the MK-1 till MK-2 (Naval) could transformed into the line, similarly the PFM FGFA production line taking on the MKI line, so that the lines don't sit idle, which will cut the cost down.

Cannot comment on the chinese because, they have a very strong industrial base, and the whole govt machinery backing the indigenous program, and strong budget but J-20 is their immediate requirement for the AD/ plans in the south China ocean against the superior enemy lead by US CBG force.

For PAC to produce 25 or 30, dosen't matter, because it will depend on the number of kits delivered from CAC and various Chinese OEM to get assembled in Kamra, and India is still producing 1 squadron per year of MKI.

Ok , I take your all points but 1.

You say that its to be taken care of that the production line is not idle for the time we complete the MK1A order and convert to MK2 production.

I am taking it as , simple producing aircrafts slowly so that when mk2 is ready for production, only then mk1a production is over.

This is very absurd. I am not sure, but do you mean that we should keep flying Migs and keep the production of MK1A slow at purpose?

No, a wise decision would be to go out at, full fledged production. 2 Production lines with HAL and 1 under private sector and , try build at least 12 from each line.

Ok , I take your all points but 1.

You say that its to be taken care of that the production line is not idle for the time we complete the MK1A order and convert to MK2 production.

I am taking it as , simple producing aircrafts slowly so that when mk2 is ready for production, only then mk1a production is over.

This is very absurd. I am not sure, but do you mean that we should keep flying Migs and keep the production of MK1A slow at purpose?

No, a wise decision would be to go out at, full fledged production. 2 Production lines with HAL and 1 under private sector and , try build at least 12 from each line.

It means, that we have to build a line for the LCA production, and till now HAL marketing department on paper got the order for the 20 IOC and 20 FOC standard LCA build, and most likely SOP-18 standard LCA of 100 units very soon. I mentioned that the line for the ambassador car and the BMW car, lets make the line for the ambassador car, and the Maruti car, means the line needs preparation and changes before the production could be made at the optimum or maximum rate. LCA MK-1 to MK-2 due to the commonality of parts 30%, and the procedure and production techniques -- might be possible in future for MK-2 new techniques needs to be implemented, and workforce might need special training, but some how it would be much easier.

For your Second line by some Private Company -- There is no Pvt company in India, niether Tata, Mahindra or Godrej which have the experience, and capability to be the lead Integrator. Since MK-1 was never designed in the modular manner aka which could be mass produced but MK-2 will be, the best approach should be to give orders for the sub parts to the various private sectors depending on the QA, Cost, and experience of the various pvt aerospace OEMs from LRUs, Electronics, Airframe parts etc, which I fear won't be much in MK-1 but in MK-2 definately this will be addressed.

PS. The total order should be 20 IOC, 20 FOC, 100 SOP 2018 standard which will be ready by 2019 and 40 MK-1 Tandem seat Trainer. I am not including the Naval order of MK-2 which is still in design phase.

Production should be 2015 -2 nos, 2016 - 4nos, 2017 - 8 nos, 2018 12 nos., 2019 - 16 nos, with the top production rate of 20 nos with 8 jigs with 6 month per batch, and 8 aircraft in airframe assembly, and 8 aircraft in Finishing Assembly simultaneously. These are my assessment, feel free to disagree, and senior member could correct me. @MilSpec

DM Parikar have already mentioned that in 8 years IAF will get 8 Squardon (18X8)

For MIGS still flying.

Problem, was when the MIG -21 was used to training the rookie pilots due to the absence of the Advance Jet trainer.

80 MIG 27 to be retired till 2018-19, for that role armed HAWK- 132 MK-4 will takes its place. MIG-21 Bison to be retired till 2025 starting from 2018, which will be by LCA MK-1 and MIG-21 Bison are relatively new airframe, and IAF spend money, so they could be used till that period with potent capability -- BVR capability in the interception role for quick scrambling the aircraft for the air defense.

Last edited:
@Ankit Kumar --- Here is the questions you should search for ?

1. How many F404 engines are there in India ? And how much lead time needed from order to dilevery of F404 and EL/M 2032 MMR.
2. Why don't Pakistani JF-17 don't need Quartz Radome, but LCA tejas 2032 MMR needs it to increase its Range ?
3. Which BVR qualifies for the MK-1 -- Astra -- R77 -- Derby ER ??
4. Which WVR qualifies for the MK-1 R-73, Python -5 ?
5. How much money did China is going to pay for the IPR voilation of J-11, J-16 build from the blue prints from the Ukraine, and the diverting Russian AL-31 meant for the production of licence build SU-30MKM to its J-11 and J-15, J-16, HQ8/HQ16 (Copy of S-300P)
6. With order of 40 (20 ioc and 20 foc), how do you expect the integrator company to invest in the line for the production rate of 20 - 30 per year ?
7. How many fighter planes of the PLAAF needed to be replaced by the new 4 Gen fighter plane, and PAF for its J-7, Nanchang Q5, Mirrage 3/5.
8. J-20, the 5th Gen fighter plane of China -- OH COOL MAN, then why bother for the 4+ SU-35 plane from Russia.
9. What are you going to do with the quick 20 - 40 LCA Tejas MK-1, when the IAF would need 6-7 years to create the strategies around it, can it replace MIG-21 as a plug and play fighter plane or we plan to drop dump bombs over the terrorist in North east and Kashmir, and the Maoist LOLZ.

Last edited:
@Ankit Kumar --- Here is the questions you should search for ?

1. How many F404 engines are there in India ? And how much lead time needed from order to dilevery of F404 and EL/M 2032 MMR.
2. Why don't Pakistani JF-17 don't need Quartz Radome, but LCA tejas 2032 MMR needs it to increase its Range ?
3. Which BVR qualifies for the MK-1 -- Astra -- R77 -- Derby ER ??
4. Which WVR qualifies for the MK-1 R-73, Python -5 ?
5. How much money did China is going to pay for the IPR voilation of J-11, J-16 build from the blue prints from the Ukraine, and the diverting Russian AL-31 meant for the production of licence build SU-30MKM to its J-11 and J-15, J-16, HQ8/HQ16 (Copy of S-300P)
6. With order of 40 (20 ioc and 20 foc), how do you expect the integrator company to invest in the line for the production rate of 20 - 30 per year ?
7. How many fighter planes of the PLAAF needed to be replaced by the new 4 Gen fighter plane, and PAF for its J-7, Nanchang Q5, Mirrage 3/5.
8. J-20, the 5th Gen fighter plane of China -- OH COOL MAN, then why bother for the 4+ SU-35 plane from Russia.
9. What are you going to do with the quick 20 - 40 LCA Tejas MK-1, when the IAF would need 6-7 years to create the strategies around it, can it replace MIG-21 as a plug and play fighter plane or we plan to drop dump bombs over the terrorist in North east and Kashmir, and the Maoist LOLZ.
5. Well China isn't paying fines for anything they did, are they ?
6. I expect the integrator company ( hear a public sector which does not runs primarily to earn profits but to fulfill nations strategic needs ) to fulfill their own promises.

I didn't forced them to claim that SP2 will be rolling out in next 45 days.
7. Pakistan needs to replace some 300 3rdgen aircrafts, ( it gets on average one squadron of JF17 and half squadron of F16 each year ).
China needs to replace ~700 3rd gen fighters, it builds near 50 aircrafts per year itself and imports some flankers too.

While India needs to replace some 400 3rd gen fighters while HAL At best can deliver 15 flankers each year. Not something to boast about, is it?

8. Did I compare the qualities of J20 or even its capabilities? All I said was about " PRODUCTION ".

9.It does 2 things , 1) Saves time , we start early . 2) makes sure we replace our 3rd gen fighters.

Isn't it a issue of great shame that we are not able to replace 50% of our fleet which is of soviet era relics. And talk about acquiring 5th gen fighter.

For 1-4 , I didn't get what you tried to convey but u just pointed out " PRODUCTION SPEED", not the quality and capabilities.

Asked for the names of countries which have evinced interest, Raju told PTI, "Believe us when I say there are inquiries for LCA."
There should be after all it is a product and people ask about product but why Mr.Raju was pleading "Believe us " this is not a professional way to say if you dont want to say the name you can say from Non disclosed Ally or bla bla .It apears Mr.Raju is also surprized that they got queries .Funny

i-promise.jpg

No need to put the cart before the horse; let the LCA get into IAF service first.

There should be after all it is a product and people ask about product but why Mr.Raju was pleading "Believe us " this is not a professional way to say if you dont want to say the name you can say from Non disclosed Ally or bla bla .It apears Mr.Raju is also surprized that they got queries .Funny

i-promise.jpg

actually he was following the PAF Policy for not disclosing JF-17 buyer name
and off course he was trying to portray LCA Tejas is ready to market As JF-17 Thunder.

It is against forum rules...... You can use your creativity on a thread, not on the title...... Any way the title has been edited by moderator....
Believe me now you can feel better
After moderation of title

LCA Tejas Perhaps
will be available
tentatively
possibly
in 2018
may be
or
may be not
as usual practice since last three decades
in 2018 only for Local user not for export
like JF-17 Thunder.

5. Well China isn't paying fines for anything they did, are they ?
6. I expect the integrator company ( hear a public sector which does not runs primarily to earn profits but to fulfill nations strategic needs ) to fulfill their own promises.

I didn't forced them to claim that SP2 will be rolling out in next 45 days.
7. Pakistan needs to replace some 300 3rdgen aircrafts, ( it gets on average one squadron of JF17 and half squadron of F16 each year ).
China needs to replace ~700 3rd gen fighters, it builds near 50 aircrafts per year itself and imports some flankers too.

While India needs to replace some 400 3rd gen fighters while HAL At best can deliver 15 flankers each year. Not something to boast about, is it?

8. Did I compare the qualities of J20 or even its capabilities? All I said was about " PRODUCTION ".

9.It does 2 things , 1) Saves time , we start early . 2) makes sure we replace our 3rd gen fighters.

Isn't it a issue of great shame that we are not able to replace 50% of our fleet which is of soviet era relics. And talk about acquiring 5th gen fighter.

For 1-4 , I didn't get what you tried to convey but u just pointed out " PRODUCTION SPEED", not the quality and capabilities.

1. 1-4 and 6th questions to know whether engines and MMR are available off the shelf ready made, or how much lead time it take from placing the order to the delivery, because total number of F404 engine (All variant including F404 F2J3 and IN20 model) available in country is 17+ 24 = 41, and total number of build are 2 Technology Demostration + 6 PV + 5 Naval PV + 8 LSP + 20 SP series (Which will form the Squardon Service for IAF of IOC standard) = Total 41 nos. What is been ordered till now is 20 LCA MK1 IOC standard + 20 LCA MK-1 FOC standard. My point is how do you expect HAL or any other pvt company to invest on the production line without the order been placed, here in this case without P.O of LCA SOP 2018 standard -- 106 build. And when we are talking of SOP 2018 of 100 build means, whenever it is rolled out, it would be tested, certified and with the capabilities, which the SINO-PAK aircraft is yet to achieve, giving an edge to the IAF to the capabilities that even our MKI don't have aka MAWS. But if you have the confirm order of 106 order in hand, you can place the order of engines and mmr in quantity before hand, and might get better deal, thus lowering the cost of the aircraft.

2. 5th question to tell you that IP voilation fine would be paid by China with the SU-35 and would be cleared soon , with the promise of not exporting the weapons build over russian tech., So let the pakistanis keeps on reading QUWA.com and keeps on bragging IRST, all aspect HOBS missiles on their JF-17, and AESA Radars those chinese variants won't be available for them and from western/european or South African, you need hard cash.

3. 7th question to tell you that its not only India, but many countries have this problem and everyone searching for the best solution. PAF found that in JF-17, but total number should be around 200, but they would still need one more fighter plane to replace all and for Chinese J-10 is the one which is capable off becoming the backbone, and all the flankers license build, and imported are a stop gaps, but they are still struggling with the Engine, and for the Chinese members claiming they have the engine, take it with the pinch of salt because the TBO of < 500 hours is not gonna change the fact, they need some more. But question is both the countries are short of options unlike India, which have the option of SAAB Gripen, Rafale, F-16, F-18, MIG 35. Long gone the time, when there is a long wars, the next clash should be short, high intensity, high flexibility, highly network centric to achieve the goal/target/objective in the shortest period of time thus there won't be any requirement of ground attack bombers, in short dump bomb would be replaced with the Guided bombs/strandoff glide bombs, and Bombers attack with the Smart Cruise missiles and armed UAV.

4. 8th question to tell you that after USA, only Russia is capable of making true 5th Gen fighter plane, and followed by Japan -- which have all the pieces to joined and build one. China still is decade behind till it reached that stage. And 5th Gen fighter does not means Black painted, peculiar shaped with twin tail, Internal weapon but the fighter plane which could form a place in the well networked, well coordinated, smart weapons of the next level i.e 5th Gen warfare.

5. 9th question is to tell you even if you have 40 LCA MK-1 with the IAF today, the IAF will have to build strategies around that aircraft, and it takes several years, and would only serve the training the pilot imediately and MIG-21 Bison would serve for IAF till 2024/5. So why didn't IAF place the order of atleast 2 Simulators for LCA and 2 for the Rafale before they start ariving for the induction process. This will shortened the training period and would serve better.

6. Last but not the least there is no point of discussing the off-topic. Those points was that made by me to tell you that conditions here are not so gruesome which you are making, and for the production of the LCA, what is most important right now is the Quality and not the Quantity immediately and with the quality it don't means the capability but the production Quality by HAL or any other integrating OEM.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom