What's new

Reasons why Pakistan's economy on failed stage

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
After listening to interviews and reading economic papers. Found a few issues.

1. If you check Dar era, he always supports and advocates import based economy. IMF also raised this issue and advised this trend needs to be changed if Pakistan needs to get out of this economic disaster.
2. Since we give China MFN trade status our local small manufacturing totally evaporated and the market is now full of Chinese low price products, which our local producers/manufacturer can't complete.
3. Pakistan has no long term economic plans, in every budget Govt proposed 5 year plans,but ends prematurely.
4. Our elite perks and privileges need to be reduced, which is over 17 billion dollars a year, beyond embarrassing when our leaders go to GCC countries for financial help.
5. Right person for the Righ job.
7. Massive corruption and subsidiaries.

And your take please .

O today I bought a partha for my little nephew for 685 rupees, where the tax was 50 rupees,

Last edited:
After listening to interviews and reading economic papers. Found a few issues.

1. If you check Dar era, he always supports and advocates import based economy. IMF also raised this issue and advised this trend needs to be changed if Pakistan needs to get out of this economic disaster.
2. Since we give China MFN trade status our local small manufacturing totally evaporated and the market is now full of Chinese low price products, which our local producers can't complete.
3. Pakistan has no long term economic plans, in every budget Govt proposed 5 year plans ends prematurely.
4. Our elite perks and privileges need to be reduced, which is over 17 billion dollars a year, beyond embarrassing when our leaders go to GCC countries for financial help.
5.Right person for the Righ job.

And your take please .

O today I bought a partha for my little nephew for 685 rupees, where the tax was 50 rupees,

So which of the following imports can Pakistan realistically replace and with what impact?

imports.jpg

All the above items import can be controlled. Been discussed many times, and all known economists on TV talk in detail. Need sacrifice and awareness.

All those discussions are worthless because they have never been implemented, nor were they even possible as was imagined. This old "qaum ko qurbani deyni ho gee" BS will never work.

So which of the following imports can Pakistan realistically replace and with what impact?

View attachment 915776
The answer isn't so much which of these we can 'reduce,' rather, which of these can we 'increase.'

Basically, most countries import these things anyways. So, there's a demand for these goods overseas, we need to figure out how we can start exporting across those areas. This requires upskilling our labor force (to attract FDI in these areas), but that requires funding public education.

What's that I hear?

Ruling in a responsible way?

Screw that.

Let's shoot these buggers.

Pakistan Financial Strength in 2021

This data is credible as it is used by Indonesia Finance Minister during her nationwide presentation in late 2021 or beginning of 2022 ( I forgot the exact time though ), but The Fed started its tightening policy in late 2021.

1652272858271-png.843113

The answer isn't so much which of these we can 'reduce,' rather, which of these can we 'increase.'

Basically, most countries import these things anyways. So, there's a demand for these goods overseas, we need to figure out how we can start exporting across those areas. This requires upskilling our labor force (to attract FDI in these areas), but that requires funding public education.

What's that I hear?

Ruling in a responsible way?

Screw that.

Let's shoot these buggers.

The only question that remains here is to select a left or right hand thread to screw the nation with, I suppose. :D

All those discussions are worthless because they have never been implemented, nor were they even possible as was imagined. This old "qaum ko qurbani deyni ho gee" BS will never work.
I agree ...elite capture is destroying Pakistan and almost destroyed ...wants quam to pay for their luxury ...

Pakistan Financial Strength in 2021

This data is credible as it is used by Indonesia Finance Minister during her nationwide presentation in late 2021

1652272858271-png.843113
Then a pig face neutral ruined everything

I agree ...elite capture is destroying Pakistan and almost destroyed ...wants quam to pay for their luxury ...

Hey, if the qaum is okay with it, who is anyone else to object?

View attachment 915776

Maybe difficult for Pakistan at this moment, but by protecting its domestic market Pakistan will get more opportunity for FDI to come to build those imported products inside Pakistan rather than importing entirely from China

Hey, if the qaum is okay with it, who is anyone else to object?
loll... well ...very strange quam ..... it really strange .... well Ramzan is coming anyway.

Maybe difficult for Pakistan at this moment, but by protecting its domestic market Pakistan will get more opportunity for FDI to come to build those imported products inside Pakistan rather than importing entirely from China

Yes, but for the foreseeable future, it seems impossibly difficult.

loll... well ...very strange quam ..... it really strange .... well Ramzan is coming anyway.

LOL. After iftari, taraveeh and sehri, no one will be awake during the day anymore. Perfect traditional zeal and fervor. :D

Yes, but for the foreseeable future, it seems impossibly difficult.

You must start now, use current difficult economy as pretex to abandon that FTA.

For current situation as I repeatedly stated, reduce defense budget significantly and use it to end circular debt and start building better government institution.

As far as I know, IMF finally give the same recipe and ask Pakistan government to reduce its defense budget. IMF wants the gov to take 2 billion USD from the budget.

Pakistan has 200 million people and it is dumb not use it to bring FDI to the country, instead you guys invite China products to the country with much less barrier. That is suicide for economy like Pakistan that had make some mistake in the past (forced nationalization) and combined with too large defense budget (almost 4 % of GDP in 2021)

You must start now, use current difficult economy as pretex to abandon that FTA.

For current situation as I repeatedly stated, reduce defense budget significantly and use it to end circular debt and start building better government institution.

As far as I know, IMF finally give the same recipe and ask Pakistan government to reduce its defense budget. IMF wants the gov to take 2 billion USD from the budget.
Local bank money is the only toy in govt hands and they abuse it and end up filling the gap by printing more currency.

Back
Top Bottom