What's new

Real story of Kargil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything substantive changed in that description since then?
Yes.

Pakistan has gained international recognition for its role in WOT. And Pakistani military is more mature and considerably better prepared for eventualities now.

Yes.

Pakistan has gained international recognition for its role in WOT. And Pakistani military is more mature and considerably better prepared for eventualities now.

Gained recognition? Then why the increasing perception that Pakistan is an adversary than an ally?

A mature military? Not at all; it is the same.

Better prepared for eventualities? More nukes? Look at the economy!

I don't blame you. Indian indoctrination is very effective. However, my response is based on ground realities.

If you think that Pakistani troops are very incompetent then you are only fooling yourself. Even western analysts will disagree with you when talking about quality of Pakistani troops.

I never said that pak troops were incompetent. Theres no doubt in PA's proffesionalism.

But kargil war was a ill-planned,unneccessary misadventure of pakistan.

First pakistan infiltrate and attack.

when Indian army start killing pakistani soldiers- pakistan say we are not involved in Kargil- they are terrorists! :rofl: (who does that? lol)

Indians keep on killing the pakistani soldiers who infiltrated in Kashmir.

then this nawaz guy (who had no idea where Pakistan army actually is!) goes to amrika for help. amrika shouts at him and orders him to request pakistan army to get out of Indian territory. but nobody in pakistan army listens to this nawaz! (lol what a hierarchy system!)

then somehow this nawaz convinces mush to get out of Indian territory before entire pakistan army is killed by evil Hindus.

then Indians want to hand over the dead bodies of pakistan soldiers, which pakistan obviously denies. (because they initially declared no involvement of pakistan army! i can't even lol on this. its very inhuman towards pakistani soldiers by pakistan state.)

then Indian army bury the pakistan soldiers with respect.

now next is the most funny part...

after about 10 years - pakistan awards medals to pakistani soldiers who took part in Kargil war! LOLOLOOLOLOL
what the :rofl:

and now pakistani posters say that they were not ready- that's why they lost!

only god can explain why did pakistan attack if they were not prepared in the first place!

Pwned!! lol

Gained recognition? Then why the increasing perception that Pakistan is an adversary than an ally?
Don't judge the position of Pakistan just on the basis of relationship with USA. Many other nations appreciate Pakistani role in WOT.

Here is an example from a European country:

Spain confers highest military honour upon Kayani – The Express Tribune

No, it has improved. Kayani is a professional man, regardless of how is perceived by some. Military is trying to improve its image locally.

Not just the nukes. All departments of defense are better prepared now then they ever had been in decades.

Yes, economy is an issue. But this is another topic.

There was nothing Pakistan could offer to the permanent members of the security council in return for a stalemate.
It was a rogue nuclear power,under sanctions, military outgunned and was the aggressor in this conflict.

I'll only say this again: Pakistan ended up going "COMMANDO" in the worlds eyes because of that commando General Musharraf..
Any other comment on my part will only feed the "verbal commandos" on this forum. :)

That apart, I believe that India should thank that commando for Kargil, because he helped India to achieve a certain world stature that India did not get earlier. Most of all; finally India got de-hyphenated from Pakistan. For some (may be odd) reasons India and Pakistan (mostly in western eyes) were seen as some odd "siamese twins". That was ruptured and that was the biggest thing that India could hope for. Which is why I say, that Kargil has changed all the regional power equations for ever and there will never be a reversion.

I never said that pak troops were incompetent. Theres no doubt in PA's proffesionalism.

But kargil war was a ill-planned,unneccessary misadventure of pakistan.
This I agree with.

Be prepared for others to call you a false flagger, But sincerely I wonder which 'International' recognized Pakistan for its role in WOT! Even the Pakistani news paper does not claim like that!

Don't judge the position of Pakistan just on the basis of relationship with USA. Many other nations appreciate Pakistani role in WOT.

Here is an example from a Europeon country:

Spain confers highest military honour upon Kayani – The Express Tribune

No, it has improved. Kayani is a professional man, regardless of how is perceived by some. Military is trying to improve its image locally.

Not just the nukes. All departments of defense are better prepared now then they ever had been in decades.

Yeah but your enemy is also not the same of 99 capabilities now. It wouldn't take much to bring Pakistan down now for India as well if we want to.

Indian navy launched operation talwar in which eastern and western fleets were launched in order to protect indian naval assets against a potential pak naval attack,and all sea routes to pakistan was blocked,cutting fuel supplies to pakistan and potential help from other friendly countries to pakistan.

P.S:brother,
Better choice of words will be good. You may not agree with what i am saying,but express it in a better way.
Thank you

How can I be serious when you actually believe that stuff? PN & PAF were never supposed to be a part of the Kargil conflict because it was always planned to be a limited scale conflict to force India to the table by highlighting the potential threat of a war b/w Nuclear Armed neighbors to the rest of the world.

Else PN/PAF and PA would have given India an even worse run for the money then they gave in 1965.

He's telling you the histroy, Now you tell Wats your media told ya?
Capturing Lahore? :rofl: when did you managed to capture lahore, do you have any source about your claim? There were no SSG in Kargil only few personnals were there to moniter IAF movement on Pakistan's LOC ,it was NLI (A non regular paramilitary not a part of actual military). who contributed to shot down 2 indian jets and a chopper, when it crossed the LOC. while on your side of border the mujahideen have fought the whole war. . Written on wikipedia.

Note: This thread is related with kargil war, 65,47 and 71 are different chapters , and Ofcourse indians are claiming there victory on those occasion using wikipedia as source, not observing that wikipedia is using indian defence ministry as their source.. So we all know that Indian ministry will praise itself.

1st part..go to wikipedia and read it....then make comment..

2nd part..you brought the topic of 47,65,71...i didn't...

Be prepared for others to call you a false flagger, But sincerely I wonder which 'International' recognized Pakistan for its role in WOT! Even the Pakistani news paper does not claim like that!
You need to do more digging then.

Yeah but your enemy is also not the same of 99 capabilities now. It wouldn't take much to bring Pakistan down now for India as well if we want to.
No, military has maintained its funds for war with India. These funds will remain untouched.

Underestimating Pakistan now will be serious blunder. Indian military has got a minor glimpse during attempted air raid in to Pakistan in 2008. And later with helicopter incident.

Yes.

yup..Pak got international recognition...but only for providing shelters to taliban and supporting them..don't know what you guys are believe...but WOT is disaster for Pakistan...because everybody is beating you guys..both taliban and USA(using drones)..

Underestimating Pakistan now will be serious blunder. Indian military has got a minor glimpse during attempted air raid in to Pakistan in 2008.

which glimpse buddy???readily agreeing to send Pasha (isi chief) to india???

yup..Pak got international recognition...but only for providing shelters to taliban and supporting them..don't know what you guys are believe...but WOT is disaster for Pakistan...because everybody is beating you guys..both taliban and USA(using drones)..
Sorry! You are reading too much in to media propaganda.

Our beef has been mainly with TTP and Pakistan military has made good progress in fight against TTP. Pakistan also has played important role in nabbing of many terrorists hiding in Pakistan.

Not just USA with the blockade, but you may see that OBL, Dr. Afridi, and now HS are not exactly accolades that work in Pakistan's favor with most countries of the world.

The military is much more than just Gen Kayani. That has not changed.

All departments continue to have recognized vulnerabilities that can be easily exploited by an adversary.

Another topic perhaps, but an overriding issue that trumps most defense issues nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom