What's new

Ready to alter economic corridor route: China

If China offers alternative route that doesn't pass though PaK, then I guess India should not have problem with BRI

A road named Karakorum highway already passes through Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan linking Pakistan and China.
It happened just like 40 years ago?
The esteem envoy should have this knowledge.

Alternate route will kill the purpose of by passing malaka straits

They aren't alternative routes they are exploitative routes, to push excess capacity to vulnerable markets. India is being smart but Pakistan not.

China may consider alternative routes through Jammu and Kashmir to address India’s concerns regarding the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) that passes through Azad Kashmir (Azad Kashmir).

In an interaction with experts on Chinese affairs and students, Beijing’s envoy Luo Zhaohui suggested the alternative routes, and said he was keen on accomplishing a bilateral friendship and trade treaty during his stint in India.

“We can change the name of CPEC [China Pakistan Economic Corridor]. Create an alternative corridor through Jammu and Kashmir, Nathu La pass or Nepal to deal with India’s concerns,” said the envoy in a speech at the Centre for Chinese and South-East Asian Studies in the School of Language, JNU, on Friday.

The Ambassador made a detailed presentation of the expectations on both sides and said that while the Dalai Lama’s presence and activities remain an issue for China, Beijing recognised that India’s expectations on the CPEC and Masood Azhar were also issues that both sides need to be deal with.

Referring to the dynamic situation in the world, Ambassador Luo said, “There is widespread change in world affairs since the coming to power of President Donald Trump of the U.S.”

“President Trump sealed $250 billion worth of trade deals with China. Would that be possible if China was a threat,” he asked, arguing that China and India as growing economies must cooperate with each other.

“One of my goals is to have a treaty of friendship and free trade with India,” he said, elaborating that both sides need to find more areas to collaborate like the Delhi smog. “Beijing also has smog and two sides can jointly deal with this issue.”

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...omic-corridor-route-china/article20547868.ece

China should not Involve india in deciding CPEC through Pakistan. We Pakistanis cannot tolerate this.

Why do we even need to react to something thats not even a govt. stance right now merely a suggestion from a Chinese envoy to India.Ambassadors are supposed to be friendly to their host nations and they make such moves.It can also be an answer to someones question there.Why do we have to take such stuff seriously.Even if India agrees to join OBOR the first access its bound to give is through MYanmar and Bangladesh to Calcutta.Whatever he talked about comes in later.

It's probably fake news by Indian media.

Or a pressure tactic to get the deal for Diamer Basha dam.

no one...i say it again, no one in this world can make Pakistan change her policy on India.

no one...i say it again, no one in this world can make Pakistan change her policy on India.

Lol! Then why are you asking UN, US, and god knows which country, to interfere in Kashmir issue, while India says third party intervention is not possible.

And I wasn't talking about India - Pakistan. I'm talking about China and Pakistan. The timing of the comment. Indian lawmakers know, China is just bullshitting. But it serves their purpose when it comes to Pakistan.

Lol! Then why are you asking UN, US, and god knows which country, to interfere in Kashmir issue, while India says third party intervention is not possible.

And I wasn't talking about India - Pakistan. I'm talking about China and Pakistan. The timing of the comment. Indian lawmakers know, China is just bullshitting. But it serves their purpose when it comes to Pakistan.

same reason terror mata and moodi ji cries on every international forum even when other guest tell him not to

Instead of us all pulling together to make sure that we all prosper, we are behaving like utter retards, pulling each other down. There's room for more than one route; if our leadership in India had been anything other than recidivist morons, they'd be jumping up and down in Beijing, trying to get Xi's attention.

Consider the ways (first read the post below yours).
  1. Through Lhasa and Xigatse (we used to call it Shigatse - ah, well) down the Tribhuvan Highway, and we can offer
    1. Surat, through Kanpur and Indore;
    2. Mumbai, through Kanpur and Indore;
    3. Kakinada, through Dhanbad and Bhubaneswar;
    4. Machilipatnam, through Dhanbad and Bhubaneswar;
    5. Vizag (if the IN allows it, that is), through Dhanbad and Bhubaneswar;
    6. Paradip, through Dhanbad and Bhubaneswar;
    7. Haldia, through Dhanbad;
  2. From Chengdu, through Bhamo and Myitkyina (the old Ledo Road)
    1. Chittagong, through the Brahmaputra Valley, via Tripura and Sylhet;
    2. Khulna, through the Brahmaputra Valley, via Tripura and Sylhet;
    3. Kolkata, through the Brahmaputra Valley, via Tripura and Sylhet, through Bangladesh;
The first option, and its seven sub-options, are already developed. No extra money, no investment, no nothing, just commercial and trade agreements and safety on the highways - HUGE investments by the state governments in safety on the highways.

The second option will absorb infrastructural investment precisely where south Asia most needs it.

And that will put paid to belligerent noises by all parties; nobody will want to risk killing the geese that lay such golden eggs.

As long as we are speculating, why not link our own East-West Corridor (Mumbai, Surat/Kandla, Kolkata) with Nathu La and offer the Chinese a ready-made access to Western seaboard in Kandla directly? Or for that matter, extend Delhi-Mumbai corridor to connect Shipki La in Himachal?

As long as we are speculating, why not link our own East-West Corridor (Mumbai, Surat/Kandla, Kolkata) with Nathu La and offer the Chinese a ready-made access to Western seaboard in Kandla directly? Or for that matter, extend Delhi-Mumbai corridor to connect Shipki La in Himachal?

I wanted to avoid Nathu La; that's too sensitive. But yes, it is a most feasible solution, except that in my opinion, linking bits of Tibet to our sea-ports is not as useful as linking Chinese undeveloped centres outside Tibet and outside the eastern sea-coast to our ports. If you notice, the Tribhuvan Highway axis works as well as Nathu La, or perhaps better, because the Chinese have already built most of the linking roadway through Nepal. We just have to link things from Raxaul onwards.

Coming back to it, the Ledo Road would be the best alignment. It would also allow Rangoon (Yangon) and Chittagong fair dibs for the Chinese business, besides Kolkata (not a good port choice any more) and Haldia.

Back
Top Bottom