What's new

RAW faked the tape to foil a Maoist victory

gpit

Reaction score
Nepal Maoists allege India behind Chinese bribe tape

Kathmandu, Sep 5 (IANS):

Facing a growing public debate in Nepal on whether the opposition Maoist party had sought NRS 500 million from friends in China to bribe over four dozen MPs ahead of a crucial election Sunday, the former rebels have retaliated by blaming the country they love to hate - India.

The retaliation comes after the appearance of an audio tape that purportedly caught Maoist lawmaker Krishna Bahadur Mahara in a telephonic conversation with a male caller.
The caller indicated a friend in China was willing to pay NRS 500 million to buy 50 MPs from ethnic parties to vote for Maoist chief Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda in Sunday's prime ministerial election.

On Sunday, the Maoists began a counterattack, saying India's external intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), was behind the tape.
"RAW made and distributed the fake news audio tape," the Maoist mouthpiece Janadisha daily said Sunday in a front-page article.
It claimed that after it had become certain that the Maoists, the largest party in parliament, were going to win Sunday's election, the RAW distributed the tape among Nepal's media and pressured them to broadcast it as "another weapon" to foil a Maoist victory.

It also alleged that the tape was an attempt to split the Maoists. The daily quoted Mahara as saying that the bribery slur was unbelievable as it was not the policy of his party to buy MPs.

Mahara, the current foreign affairs chief of the party, said there was growing speculation in Nepal's "lanes and by-lanes" that the tape was the handiwork of India and smacked of an attempt to deliberately drag China into the dispute.
The Maoist lawmaker, who returned from a trip to China recently, said he discussed the tape with the Chinese ambassador to Nepal, Qiu Guohong, and the envoy assured him that the furore would not affect China's relations with the Maoists.
Despite Mahara's claim that his party was assured of victory in Sunday's election, indications were that even the unprecedented sixth round of vote to elect a new premier for Nepal, over two months after Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal resigned, would end in a fiasco.

The ruling Communist Party of Nepal-Unified Marxist Leninist (UML) said it would not vote, just as it had abstained in the earlier rounds.
A front of four ethnic parties from the Terai plains - who have been also dragged willy-nilly into the MP sale scandal - has also decided not to vote.
Also, despite the Maoist denial that they were planning to buy votes, there have been growing allegations from the parties themselves that the former rebels were "capable of doing anything to come to power".
Just before the tape scandal erupted, a fringe Communist party leader had alleged that he was offered NRS 50 million to vote for Prachanda.
C.P. Mainali's Communist Party of Nepal-Marxist Leninist was split during the prime ministerial polls with the breakaway faction voting for the Maoists.

Nepal Maoists allege India behind Chinese bribe tape

------------

Well done again, RAW! :bounce: It knows well how to play in a democracy.

RAW also failed miserably in fabricating evidence of Mumbai attacks against Pakistan.
When they presented Iranian origin washing powder named 'Pak' to support the link with Pakistan. :(

RAW also failed miserably in fabricating evidence of Mumbai attacks against Pakistan.
When they presented Iranian origin washing powder named 'Pak' to support the link with Pakistan. :(

Why is this "simple " fact unknown to your government for more than a year?

Yesterday too they asked for revelations from Headley. Why cant just they say that its Iranian washing powder to clean their clothes.?

Soon we will witness Maoists cadre rebelling against their top leadership in Nepal.
They are getting fed up of the power hungry attitude of Prachanda and have realised that he is doing little for them while amassing wealth for himself...
Things are gonna change for good in Nepal much to the amusement of china..;)

Whoa man!! RAW in Pakistan,afghanistan,bangladesh,sri lanka and now in nepal! I didnt knew RAW was that efficient :D

Since, september 11 RAW got rich what else can you expect?
Seriously, you think Nepalese are implicating RAW falsely?

Indian govt. is went crazy to become the super power of Asia and for that they are using each and every tool they have.....Look at their defence budget....Firs they were pointing fingures on Pakistan and due to Pakistan they are increasing their arms and when it was reaching above level then found the reason for China and that they had feared from China too that's why they are increasing Weapons...........Come on man feed ur hungry and poor peoples dying with hunger not to give them Weapons.

LOL - RAW is caught napping every now and then with terror attacks so often and so many agents bouncing off to other countries. As if they would bother doing something in Nepal.

i always thought RAW was one of the least effective intelligence organisations in the world.. but off late i've started changing my openion towards it. now i know RAW is the most potent secret service agency in the world. they have been very busy off late & have managed to pull off some spectacular & successful acts in the past few weeks. to start off with flood in pakistan, setting up pakistani cricketers in spot fixing scandal & now this in nepal. which organisation in the world is capable of doing all these in such a small span of time?? hey... stop degrading RAW now on!! RAW is WAR.. you better believe it!!!

LOL - RAW is caught napping every now and then with terror attacks so often and so many agents bouncing off to other countries. As if they would bother doing something in Nepal.

RAW employees are based abroad... all around the globe, they only visit India.
Govt. of India only funds them buy them houses and help them in securing foreign passports.
september 11 is the bench mark....

Govt. of India only funds them buy them houses and help them in securing foreign passports.

Let me get this right - you are saying RAW was responsible for Sept 11?

Let me get this right - you are saying RAW was responsible for Sept 11?

F#*k, we were hoping that wouldn't get out. But BATMAN is too smart, he figured out the truth :D

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

F#*k, we were hoping that wouldn't get out. But BATMAN is too smart, he figured out the truth :D

I hope he doesn't figure out that we were behind the crusades too ;)

So You come to say that RAW HQ is Closed and Sealed by the Govt as Its Employees are Posted abroad???:disagree:

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I hope he doesn't figure out that we were behind the crusades too ;)

....or the Kennedy assassination

Have a look at the article:

It also alleged that the tape was an attempt to split the Maoists. The daily quoted Mahara as saying that the bribery slur was unbelievable as it was not the policy of his party to buy MPs.

Did someone care to see the word "alleged"?

Mahara, the current foreign affairs chief of the party, said there was growing speculation in Nepal's "lanes and by-lanes" that the tape was the handiwork of India and smacked of an attempt to deliberately drag China into the dispute.

So it was a speculation!!

The Maoist lawmaker, who returned from a trip to China recently, said he discussed the tape with the Chinese ambassador to Nepal, Qiu Guohong, and the envoy assured him that the furore would not affect China's relations with the Maoists.

If I wish, I can create a conspiracy thoery too.

@topic: Nothing is revealed by the article. So there is nothing to talk about. Also the title of the thread is created to suit a particuylaar viewpoint.

Lastly I am impressed by su-47. He is too innovative to quote his own post and then comment on it. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom