What's new

‘Rather be in jail’: 70-year-old man robs a bank to escape his wife, FBI says

thesolar65

Reaction score
Country
India
Home? Or jail?

Wife? Or sheriff's deputies? Such choices.

Federal authorities say Larry Ripple chose a life behind bars over another minute at home with the wife. On Friday afternoon, according to a complaint filed in federal court, Ripple, 70, walked into the Bank of Labor in downtown Kansas City, Kan., handed over a note to a teller which said, "I have a gun, give me your cash," and was given $2,924 in currency from the drawer. (Now is the part where we typically write, "The robber then fled the bank.")

The robber then took a seat in the lobby and began chatting with the bank security guard, the complaint by Special Agent Eric R. Beltz states. All of this was captured on surveillance video. "I'm the guy you're looking for," Ripple allegedly told the guard. The guard took Ripple into custody and retrieved the $2,924, Beltz wrote. The police and FBI were summoned, and Ripple was taken to the police station. (This story was first reported by the Kansas City Star's ace courts reporter, Tony Rizzo.)

Advised of his Miranda rights, about 45 minutes after the stickup, Ripple agreed to speak to the authorities and said that "he and his wife had an argument at home and Ripple no longer wanted to be in the situation. Ripple wrote out his demand note in front of his wife," Beltz wrote, "and told her he'd rather be in jail than at home. Ripple then walked to the bank and robbed it." Further details of the domestic unrest were not reported in the complaint.

Ripple was promptly incarcerated and held in the Wyandotte County jail, charged with one federal count of bank robbery. However ...

On Wednesday, federal authorities foiled his plot. Court records show Ripple appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge David Waxse, and Waxse ordered the defendant to be released from jail on his own recognizance. For a bank robbery. What does a guy have to do to stay in jail?

Forcibly returned to freedom, Ripple could not be located for comment Wednesday evening.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-man-robs-a-bank-to-escape-his-wife-fbi-says/

For a lighter comments

@anant_s @ranjeet @Imran Khan @Mentee @jbgt90 @Rain Man @BDforever @gslv @nair @scorpionx @nick_indian (you were eager to get married?)

Last edited:
I wish my girlfriend won't be like that in future.

I wish my girlfriend won't be like that in future.
aby tu kya pagal hai kya ? they all are same when gf too honey . when new wife so shiny and after a kid you will come here and cry like us .

Home? Or jail?

Federal authorities say Larry Ripple chose a life behind bars over another minute at home with the wife. On Friday afternoon, according to a complaint filed in federal court, Ripple, 70, walked into the Bank of Labor in downtown Kansas City, Kan., handed over a note to a teller which said, "I have a gun, give me your cash," and was given $2,924 in currency from the drawer. (Now is the part where we typically write, "The robber then fled the bank.")

The robber then took a seat in the lobby and began chatting with the bank security guard, the complaint by Special Agent Eric R. Beltz states. All of this was captured on surveillance video. "I'm the guy you're looking for," Ripple allegedly told the guard. The guard took Ripple into custody and retrieved the $2,924, Beltz wrote. The police and FBI were summoned, and Ripple was taken to the police station. (This story was first reported by the Kansas City Star's ace courts reporter, Tony Rizzo.)

Advised of his Miranda rights, about 45 minutes after the stickup, Ripple agreed to speak to the authorities and said that "he and his wife had an argument at home and Ripple no longer wanted to be in the situation. Ripple wrote out his demand note in front of his wife," Beltz wrote, "and told her he'd rather be in jail than at home. Ripple then walked to the bank and robbed it." Further details of the domestic unrest were not reported in the complaint.

Ripple was promptly incarcerated and held in the Wyandotte County jail, charged with one federal count of bank robbery. However ...

On Wednesday, federal authorities foiled his plot. Court records show Ripple appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge David Waxse, and Waxse ordered the defendant to be released from jail on his own recognizance. For a bank robbery. What does a guy have to do to stay in jail?

Forcibly returned to freedom, Ripple could not be located for comment Wednesday evening.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-man-robs-a-bank-to-escape-his-wife-fbi-says/

For a lighter comments

@anant_s @ranjeet @Imran Khan @Mentee @jbgt90 @Rain Man @BDforever @gslv @nair
I, whatever, hereby declare that you are the sunshine of my life baby, I can't live without the scent of your locks, shall treat you with respect and honor, can count on me blindly, will make every second of your life full of ecstasy to the best of my abilities, so help me GOD----- :-)

Now after all those solemn words and wasting her hay days that old grumpy can't even put up with her ? :angry:

@Levina I do care for ur poor hubby now !!!!!!! :P
He's a lucky chap , come again uncle g :D

Well he may spend some time in the local jail if he refuses to pay bail..but he'd basically have to murder someone to get prison time if he is a first offender.

He can try again. Now he will be a second time offender and should get his wish granted atleast for the sincerity of the effort.

Home? Or jail?

For a lighter comments

@anant_s @ranjeet @Imran Khan @Mentee @jbgt90 @Rain Man @BDforever @gslv @nair @scorpionx @nick_indian (you were eager to get married?)

That's actually a good idea!! :D

Back
Top Bottom