Rangers initiate action against ‘criminal elements’ in Karachi; ANP protests

Hasnain2009

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Salman Siddiqui
6 hours ago

KARACHI:
Rangers personnel launched multiple raids in the city on Thursday evening and arrested dozens of people, prompting protests from the Awami National Party (ANP) which declared it a sting operation against the party

Spokesperson Major Farooq Bilal said the operation against ‘criminal elements’ was launched at around 6 pm in several parts of the city on Thursday. Major Bilal dispelled television reports that claimed the operation to be against terrorists, saying, “We are pursuing people belonging to different criminal networks.”

He added that the Rangers did not receive any specific threat or intelligence, but that the operation was planned. He declined to give the specific number of arrests made so far.

Around 500 activists of the ANP have been rounded up, according to the party’s acting general secretary Sindh Bashir Jam. “This is a target operation against the ANP it seems,” Jam said, adding that his men had been picked up from all Pakhtun-dominated areas of the city, including the locality near PIDC called Sultanabad, New Karachi, Frontier Colony, Sher Shah and Baldia Town.

He said the detained activists include senior members of the provincial division of the party.

Bashir Jam said the ANP supports a crackdown against all criminals even if they belong to a political party. “But an operation should not be launched to single out one party,” he said, adding that it seemed the whole exercise was being carried out to appease a rival political party in Karachi.

Meanwhile ANP Sindh president Shahi Syed, who is currently out of town in Dubai, has sent a message to his party workers to remain calm.

While the ANP claims that only Pashtun-speaking persons and ANP supporters are being picked up, Mohammad Saqib looked frantically for his 17-year-old brother Aqib, who is also allegedly being held by the Rangers. “He’s just a teenager who went to meet his friends at Habib Public School near PIDC after his evening tuition classes,” Saqib said, adding that no one in their family belongs to the ANP.

Saqib was told that his brother was picked up when two men fleeing the operation from the nearby Sultanabad area jumped into the school building. “They arrested all the young kids inside,” he said. Till the filing of this report, Rangers personnel refused to confirm or deny that Aqib and other young men are in their custody.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 26th, 2010.

enough with these MQM and ANP thugs..let Karachi live in peace!

Its all these theives and robbers in the Landhi and lalokhet area..
Unfortunately most of these are from Fata or Afghanistan..
Which is why the ANP protests.. since these men form a large component of their thuggery and counter militant operations against the MQM.
The MQM keeps its thugs and their after hours activities confined to the older areas of Karachi..in other words..
they will rob you in Gulshan or PECHS..
The ANP will rob you in Landhi, Defence phase 8..and Nazimabad.
Depending on who is in power.. the opposite side is more active to collect illicit funds to finance its operations..
These days its the ANP.. so the rangers hit their area..
Dirty game this is.

Oh well well MQM backed operation against Pukhtuns in Karachi nothing else.

ANP few days back called for fair Army operation in Karachi so why it was not done so.

Karachi is literally under MQM no one can even breath without their approval

I vehemently disagree...
Karachi has never been better in terms of improvements..and I lived there for 18 years..
There is a law and order situation.. contributing to which are thieves and robbers from the poorest areas of FATA...there on the invitation of the ANP. And I am witness to this myself.. not on some parties statement..
I dont favor the MQM.. they mess up karachi whenever they see fit.
But whatever sections that were under MQM control.. have developed.. those under the ANP..and PPP.. are still where they were twenty years ago.
The ANP havent done anything substantial to Peshawar either...even when direct offers were made to improve the looks by concerned citizens.. but turned down since they did not offer "sweetners".
If the ANP is losing its force of robbers and thieves in karachi ..and stil wants its personal thugs at equal level to the MQM.. it will just have to fight it out in the streets..or wait for the day they come to power..and call the rangers in on the MQM's thugs..

here we go .... another drama operation in making. No one wants khi to be cleaned up else how will they conduct dirty business

here we go .... another drama operation in making. No one wants khi to be cleaned up else how will they conduct dirty business

exactly..
Most likely..
This will be the result..
a couple of part time mobile thieves will be caught for a day..then released after their "calls" come in.
One pukhtoon nasvar vendor for selling "drugs"
Another Pukhtoon or afghan gang..which the police know about..and probably get payoff's from..
A couple of sindhi's for show..

And ten or twenty rowdy youths..but generally innocent will be locked up.. beaten..tortured possibly..
then sent out after their parents paid up.

ITs how its always been.

The day they really go after somebody...they dont capture..they kill.

I remember when a robber who had shot dead a guard earlier..came to one of our relatives place..and was shot by him and killed..
The police came in.. after a few questions..
told them that the police shot the robber..not him.. one of the subedars showed him a gun that "fired" the bullet..
and that was that..
no case..nothing..
Its the only way to tackle crime in Karachi..if they really wanted to tackle it.

I vehemently disagree...
Karachi has never been better in terms of improvements..and I lived there for 18 years..
There is a law and order situation.. contributing to which are thieves and robbers from the poorest areas of FATA...there on the invitation of the ANP. And I am witness to this myself.. not on some parties statement..
I dont favor the MQM.. they mess up karachi whenever they see fit.
But whatever sections that were under MQM control.. have developed.. those under the ANP..and PPP.. are still where they were twenty years ago.
The ANP havent done anything substantial to Peshawar either...even when direct offers were made to improve the looks by concerned citizens.. but turned down since they did not offer "sweetners".
If the ANP is losing its force of robbers and thieves in karachi ..and stil wants its personal thugs at equal level to the MQM.. it will just have to fight it out in the streets..or wait for the day they come to power..and call the rangers in on the MQM's thugs..

Development using taxpayer money is altogether different thing.

And those sections under PPP (i would exclude ANP because ANP has not been ruling Karachi officially neither any section had been under ANP govt rule there so blaming ANP for not development is wrong) So those sections which are PPP strong hold are neglected by MQM or due to PPP-MQM tussle.

3. What ANP govt's performance in Peshawar has nothing to do with Karachi or MQM extortion and other crimes.

4. Pukhtuns in Karachi are 99% hardworking people who are earning their bread through labour work or other such jobs. hard earned bread not snatched at Gun point like MQM people.

5. Stop terming these Pukhtun Pakistanis as ANP. This is the easiest excuse these MQM thugs come up with.

6. Karachi is hostage to PPP-MQM target killings and both are allies in government so both come up with massacre of Pukhtun Pakistanis by shifting blame of their own crimes on Pukhtuns.

7. If you are honest do go and talk to businessmen, traders and they will tell you that if you pay fixed monthly bhata/extortion to MQM then your house will be safe and there will be NO theft even in that house.

Welcome to Karachi a living prison for non-Urdu speaking Pakistanis

exactly..
Most likely..
This will be the result..
a couple of part time mobile thieves will be caught for a day..then released after their "calls" come in.
One pukhtoon nasvar vendor for selling "drugs"
Another Pukhtoon or afghan gang..which the police know about..and probably get payoff's from..
A couple of sindhi's for show..

And ten or twenty rowdy youths..but generally innocent will be locked up.. beaten..tortured possibly..
then sent out after their parents paid up.

ITs how its always been.

The day they really go after somebody...they dont capture..they kill.

I remember when a robber who had shot dead a guard earlier..came to one of our relatives place..and was shot by him and killed..
The police came in.. after a few questions..
told them that the police shot the robber..not him.. one of the subedars showed him a gun that "fired" the bullet..
and that was that..
no case..nothing..
Its the only way to tackle crime in Karachi..if they really wanted to tackle it.

I don't think we'll ever be able to see that day - when the govt will take any serious action. Let them kill each other. Bunch of retarded losers will cross any limits to meet their sinister political agendas. This present political scum is dangerous than so called TTP buff00ns itself.

Development using taxpayer money is altogether different thing.

And those sections under PPP (i would exclude ANP because ANP has not been ruling Karachi officially neither any section had been under ANP govt rule there so blaming ANP for not development is wrong) So those sections which are PPP strong hold are neglected by MQM or due to PPP-MQM tussle.

3. What ANP govt's performance in Peshawar has nothing to do with Karachi or MQM extortion and other crimes.

4. Pukhtuns in Karachi are 99% hardworking people who are earning their bread through labour work or other such jobs. hard earned bread not snatched at Gun point like MQM people.

5. Stop terming these Pukhtun Pakistanis as ANP. This is the easiest excuse these MQM thugs come up with.

6. Karachi is hostage to PPP-MQM target killings and both are allies in government so both come up with massacre of Pukhtun Pakistanis by shifting blame of their own crimes on Pukhtuns.

7. If you are honest do go and talk to businessmen, traders and they will tell you that if you pay fixed monthly bhata/extortion to MQM then your house will be safe and there will be NO theft even in that house.

Welcome to Karachi a living prison for non-Urdu speaking Pakistanis

I agree with Jana's assessment here Pakhtun's are being treated like trash, this is not just my opinion i had the pleasure of holding a conversation with the head of Karachi's CPLC who filled me in on this.

You can't blame all your ill's on Pathan's and ANP and whatnot. Surely you should consider MQM's role in all this nonsense.

rightly said..i am thinking about moving my office to Peshawar or Isloo because of that..

The bhatta feed the fat Fcuk in london..
But where are all those govt funds that were entitled for peshawar??

BS on bhatta on the security..
My house was robbed by a gang of Pukhtoons..
My car was snatched by Afghanis in phase 8

The pukhtoons are treated like trash in the areas of MQM majority...but99% peacefull my mixed race a**.

Distorting the facts for racist gains wont win you any admirers..
I condemn the MQM for what they are.. thugs at their very best..
But at least they made by city look better.. improved the infrastructure..
What has your beloved ANP done for peshawar?..using the gov funds..
Tell that list to somebody who hasnt lived in three cities for a long time..and seen the very best and worst of each..

The bhatta feed the fat Fcuk in london..
But where are all those govt funds that were entitled for peshawar??

BS on bhatta on the security..
My house was robbed by a gang of Pukhtoons..
My car was snatched by Afghanis in phase 8

The pukhtoons are treated like trash in the areas of MQM majority...but99% peacefull my mixed race a**.

Distorting the facts for racist gains wont win you any admirers..
I condemn the MQM for what they are.. thugs at their very best..
But at least they made by city look better.. improved the infrastructure..
What has your beloved ANP done for peshawar?..using the gov funds..
Tell that list to somebody who hasnt lived in three cities for a long time..and seen the very best and worst of each..

Sorry to hear that sir, but then sir if indeed your car was snatched by Afghans and your house robbed by Pukhtoons.. Would it be fair to blame Pakistani Pukhtoon community for this or would you not agree that harsher checks and balances need to be enforced on the Afghani refugee community in the metropolis?

As for the ANP, i agree with you this point sir the ANP is full of self serving A$$ hats.

They are capturing all the ANP workers today.ANP will retaliate considering that police is on the MQM side.Pathans are now more involved in robbering people,I don't know whether they are ANP workers or someone else.But these activities are mostly happening in the areas where MQM is influential.

When a terrorist organization like MQM runs a city and terrorizes the non-mohajir/non-urdu speaking population of Karachi you can't expect the Pashtuns and Afghans to just sit idle and watch MQM terrorists destroy their property.

Pashtuns are denied good jobs in Karachi, their shops are burned by MQM so the Pashtuns have the right to defend themselves against MQM terrorists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom