What's new

Railways keen on using Kaveri engines developed by DRDO

1.jpg

hahaha .. but it wouldn't be like this one. They might probably connect the shaft that attached to turbine directly to gear box just like the way turbofans in helicopters work.

Another interesting locomotive design

kruckenb.jpg

Rail Zepplin

pretty soon the Kaveri will be put on tractors and automatic rickshaws before the LCAMK2 or AMCA :rofl:

:lol:A truely multirole/multipurpose engine....but jokes apart. kaveri has proven significantly against all tests it had...Its well on the track and AMCA will have kaveri.

:lol:A truely multirole/multipurpose engine....but jokes apart. kaveri has proven significantly against all tests it had...Its well on the track and AMCA will have kaveri.

Lets hope so..

The thing is, our ambitions are easily achievable since we have a vast pool of dedicated scientists, researchers and engineers who have the capability to do the toughest of things. But the problem is the management system of such ambitions is pathetic due to which every project takes eons to make. If only they could provide massive assembly lines to churn out dozens of jets, ships and tanks at the same time, we'd not be even criticized once.

But instead, our engineers due to corrupt politicians and bureaucrats have to work more like Rolls Royce workshops where small team of assemblers make 1 or 2 jets a month.

The thing is, our ambitions are easily achievable since we have a vast pool of dedicated scientists, researchers and engineers who have the capability to do the toughest of things. But the problem is the management system of such ambitions is pathetic due to which every project takes eons to make. If only they could provide massive assembly lines to churn out dozens of jets, ships and tanks at the same time, we'd not be even criticized once.

But instead, our engineers due to corrupt politicians and bureaucrats have to work more like Rolls Royce workshops where small team of assemblers make 1 or 2 jets a month.

adding to this, we have one of the most competitive and cheap engineers around. Still we keep on hearing the same lame reason....
Why is LCA delivery behind sched ? ... cuz HAL is busy with MKI
why will MMRCA take beyond 2020 for induction ? ..... cuz HAL wont be able to deliver it on time due to MKI .....
Why will the last MKI (whose induction started in 1999) be delivered by 2014 only ? ... cuz HAL is busy with MKI....... wtf !!

Are those supposed to be gas turbine engines or something? I have a hard time visualizing trains propelled by jet engines.
scrgrb0.jpg
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DdyLQAUaO8JY&v=dyLQAUaO8JY&gl=US[/video]

I like it.. Railways should also be creative n innovative...No loss in trying it...

JUST DO IT!!!

In the same time,it would be good if GTRE finish kaveri FOR TEJAS soon...

Its being put to use for everything but for what it is made for...
Their is a old saying in the world that

''Necessity is the Mother of all Invention''

But assi Indian hai to sannu saara kam putha hi pasand hai...that why we Indian twisted this quote...so for us it is

''Invention is the Mother of all Necessity''

hehe after inventing we start thinking that where to jugaad our invention...jiske liye bnaya tha wha to kaam aaya nhi ab kai na kai to lagana hi padega...that's why the world say Indians are the Kings of Jugaad

hahaha .. but it wouldn't be like this one. They might probably connect the shaft that attached to turbine directly to gear box just like the way turbofans in helicopters work.
It is not going to fly nah???
Just got a doubt, it can derail

it will used as a a diesel electric locomotive.( Diesel engine tied to generator which is meshed with motor) Kaveri will replace diesel engine .

e.g.

BHEL has already produced large number of AC/DC locs for Inidan railways.

it will be a challenge for them to put in all the large number of turbine related gadget in a loco.

Hope they take care of noise reduction...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man... earlier it was Naval warships being powered and used, now railways. Wonder when will AMCA get it. We're getting results in all areas except the main purpose of Kaveri. :lol:

If they (GTRE, Which is infront of my current office) provide me 500cc gas turbine engine, I will replace my bike engine, My bike efficiency is poor... :)..

By the way does gas turbine engine ever used in Railway?????

I think running Ships and trains using Gas turbine engine will be easier (less risky) than using it in flying machines... Lesser risk means, rapid implementation...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom